Raid currency and items on loyalty vendor ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Angahran Augur

Is there any chance of getting raid currency and 'locked' raid items added to the loyalty vendor (or simply unlock the items on the current vendors and add the currency to the loyalty vendor) when an expansion becomes unlocked ?

There are certain items from older expansions which are no longer raided that would be very nice to get hold of.

e.g.
    Shield of Immaculate Light

2. Bigstomp Augur

They are raided. I bought that item about 3 weeks ago.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think it should still be a requirement to unlock the items you want. If the item is valuable enough, then organizing a single pickup raid(or something) should be possible. :)
    However doing repeated pickup raids until everyone has enough coins is not really feasible(those chase-items are bloody expensive!). Allowing one to "exchange downwards" with higher raid-currency, could be a solution, as it is much easier to organize repeated farming with more current(ish) raids.
    Allayna likes this.
  4. Monkman Augur

It is possible, just have to start. This past year we obtained ~12 twincast eyes / 5 grelleth seals / and a couple luclin rods. Does it take awhile? Yes. Is it impossible? No
  5. kizant Augur

Nobody is saying it's impossible. The argument is that it's boring and tedious for no good reason. It's the kind of thing that burns people out and makes them want to play less and not more. It's one thing when you're only going back a couple expansions or if the raids happen to be extremely fun like every TBM raid but RoF/CoTF are old and boring and have always been terrible. Plus for items like eyes of decay you can spend one night and do most of the achievements. Two weeks and you're done. Farming 800+ coins takes a long time no matter what you do. They could at least increase the drop rates.
    Brohg, IblisTheMage and Dreadmore like this.
  6. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Yes! Or allow items to be sold back for coins (i.e. RotF t2 raids would be great to have that option). Or progressively add old raid coins to loyalty vendor. Or the trade down model. Or Quarm server like option--- I was really bummed to find I could trade my quarm reward for t4 stuff, but not t2 rof :(... Still holding on to that because I don't know what to do with it lol...
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  7. Sancus Augur

I think it's good for the game that there are old raids worth going back and doing/farming. I've had a lot of fun farming T2/T3 RoF with other people.

That said, yeah, the costs are kinda ridiculous at this point. I don't think anything should be put on the loyalty vendors, but increasing the drop rates, decreasing the prices, or allowing you to sell back old gear all sound reasonable. Just something to make it a bit more expedient.
    Nniki, Brohg, IblisTheMage and 2 others like this.
  8. Aurmoon Augur

Love many of the options presented here. Personally, I think loyalty should be used as a way to “speed up” the acquisition of older items, but not a substitute. For example, maybe be able to buy old expansion raid currency from the loyalty vendor (old defined as unlocked and available to FTP accounts).
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  9. fortuneteller Augur

Am against it, people gotta earn the Things, not just be able to get, just because they subscribed for so long time. I like that the items I have got are some that I have earned, and not just got for free.

I do not have the shield myself, but thats ok for me, because I have not earned it, and I do not deserve it.
  10. kizant Augur

Being able to sell back items sounds like a good idea. Even if it's for 1/20 their value it would help.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Since majority of these items aren’t earth shatteringly important for most classes, I like chase things remaining time consuming to obtain. Our guild has been doing old raids lately for currency and for cheevos and it’s nice to have something to work on during the slower time with exp on farm. None of these things are critical to have other than maybe the Eyes of Life and Decay?

Sellbacks would be a joke since the vast majority of the other loot has no actual value when everyone is 2-4 raid tiers past it, even at 1/20 or worse. It would make a lot of these pretty easy to obtain and not a fan of that.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Well, you would still have to complete the achievements to unlock it on the vendor, while not as time-consuming as it was originally. It would still count for something...
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Off the top of my head the last raid currency offered on the Loyalty vendor was The Buried Sea? Dragging people around for some of the rarer raid drops in old raids is ind of annoying. You still need to unlock the gear, some with achievements so what's the harm?
  14. kizant Augur

So instead of giving those drops some value it's better everything rots? I don't know what the value should be but cutting 6 months of farming to even 4 seems reasonable.
  15. Seldom Augur

I’ve always been fairly surprised that extremely old instanced raid content keeps the same lockout. I think after a certain period it should just be removed. That way if folks want to assemble a group/mini raid to go back and do old content, they can do it multiple times same day for a chance at whatever item in quicker succession or to amass raid currency. This would still require all to do the same content, the same amount of times, while removing some of the week by week tediousness of lockout timers and having to assemble a team that’s willing to go back to do dated content repetitively

I think this would be good for the game as well and lead to far more pickup style raids on all servers
  16. Sancus Augur

We clear 6-7 events currently in RoF T2: Breeding Grounds 1-2, Xorbb 1-3, Grelleth, and Evantil (we often skip one). Even assuming only 6, that's 14 clears. At one clear per week, that's a bit over 3 months.

It's a significant time investment, but it's not 6 months of farming unless you're going for multiple items that use the same currency.

I think 5% of their value (~8 currency) is too high given the amount of loot you get in one night. That said, something that cuts down total completion time by 30% does seem reasonable. I'm too lazy to do the math, but perhaps 1 currency per item would accomplish that, especially spread over a group of people? It's probably easier to just reduce cost or something.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Except it doesn’t take that long for most of these things.

We’ve been doing the RoF t2 raids for currency weekly (7 of the 8 since CH annoys people). 840 total cost / 70-80 moneys a week is ~12 runs without sellback or without the eye actually dropping (it has once after about 8 runs). Takes no more than 90 minutes and we’re not even moving quickly.

The shield in question is a little worse....30? currency a week doing argin, rot and journey and costs 360? 12 weeks for a chase item for everyone that shows doesn’t seem onerous.

It’d be one thing if these were very impactful items - they’re really not, it’s just a toy/luxury. Could that be a little less time consuming to obtain? Perhaps. But it doesn’t seem that bad as is either.
  18. kizant Augur

I'm obviously trying to get bifold and seal and we don't always have a decent turn out. More times than not I've only gotten 50 crystals at our raids. I'm definitely not blaming the devs for that but people not showing is partly due to the tedious factor. Either way it's a pretty significant time sink and I don't consider either as just toys for wizards.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

You could add plane of war in for an additional 20. I haven't tried it recently so am not sure if levels/gear trivialized it like many other events. Should be easier for most people to survive but I'm not sure how the bane damage component scaled/didn't scale (although I will find out soon)
  20. Nudia Augur

All for making these (significantly) quicker to obtain.

One thing I think some don't realize is that some people don't have access to go back and do these. For the servers that have pickup raid forces that do them (we do on Povar), I get the view some people hold that others need to do their time or whatever catch phrase is preferred. At the rate of coin gain here, it would take significantly longer than mentioned above. For others, or people with alternate playtimes, some of these items are simply no longer attainable. I struggled with this trying to get the Eyes - my guild absolutely does not do TBM anymore. I was fortunate to be able to talk the Povar pickup raids into doing a round of TBM achievements spread out over a few months alongside the standard EOK fare. Others are not going to be so lucky or have the influence to achieve that.

If it's purely wanting the time restriction still applied in some way behind the achievements, what about maybe adding a tiny amount of the raid coin to group missions in significantly dated content?