Raid content for the non 1%

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Odiiusx Elder

I cant believe we are back to FQing skill/gear on this subject. I got excited that our FQing had turned a corner quite a few pages back when EVERYONE of every level in this game finally came to a consensus...Teir 0 raids for every expansion. We should be down to discussing stuff like, what level gear, what spells, are the spells down gradable...stuff like that. Anything we can do to get more people more is a good thing for the game.

Gear: Previous expansions raid gear (not the lamp stuff, the Veiled)
    Spells: current expansion and downgradable
    Difficulty: NTOV type mechanics upgraded to CURRENT content bad guys.

My point of view, I don't think there is anything wrong with helping raid forces catch up to be able to start the newest content by being able to farm the previous years gear in a more forgiving environment.
    Maedhros likes this.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

They berely have enough resources to create at most 7 new zones, with at most 7-8 new (completely new never before seen) raids..

I do not want any LESS new content.

My point of view is simple.. People want last expansion's raid gears .. raid last expansion raids..
    Maedhros likes this.
  3. Sancus Augur

I promise people understand your point of view at this point. It's valid; other people disagree. Repeating your point of view to every person who wants to share their point of view doesn't add to the discussion.
    Duder, Brohg, Oakenblade and 2 others like this.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

Point taken.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

When people post those other view's of wanting more this or that .. and not taking into account exactly what the dev's themselves have said .. /shrug

Come back to reality please. Guess thats what I should post from now on.
  6. AcemoneyFV Augur

I liked what they did with ToV in RoF. I think maybe doing just 1 zone each expansion would be nice for casual raiding guilds. Pick a random zone, tune it up a bit and add level appropriate raid gear. Obviously it would be instanced like ToV (RoF version).

Maybe they re-do Sleeper's Tomb next. Skyshrine after that. SSRA Temple, Vex Thal. Whatever. I'm not sure how much work this involves. Maybe make one monster like Vulak in the RoF version drop a little better gear but he's considerably harder than the other mobs in the zone?
    Maedhros likes this.
  7. ptah Augur

I have always looked at eq and its progression as waves.. you min max now or battle to catch up; sometimes you skip stuff based others picking up the slack.

Generally speaking here. End gamers are not missing hero AA(any of 3 sub sets), knowledge of their own role and understand what other makes others go go go. Yes Gear plays a part but how much who knows. EFFORT/focus/skill whatever magic word you care to use and riding that wave with similar minded people.(of course someone point out they are missing this or that)

When the claim of its the gear or not the gear I don't think its 1 players gear.. but the raid force equipment, knowledge, focus, teamwork etc. More your ahead of current the more feed the weak apps, the depth builds.

Imho the road block hit very hard when you are not current, so now its handicapping when you get current and that affects the numbers. Gearing up helps cover the missing parts.

Raiding is about resources. Gear, skill, effort, players etc. The better teams are greater than their sum and can crush the imagery wave. As the mid tier simple cant over come the equation of eq.
  8. Zunnoab Augur

The number that beat T1 and T2 should be much, much higher. Design only for the strongest is not typical for most expansions nor should it be.

Those able to make it to T2 TBL would have smashed most expansions.

I really, really wish I had a copy of the Underfoot retune post where they admitted this kind of design isn't good.

The flagging changes are good, and UEE being the final encounter is good, but the general overturning is a crisis.

T0 was nice and all but absolutely nothing except maybe the optional raids in RoF was even close to TBL/some RoS tuning.
  9. Qbert Gallifreyan

Ya, the Ministry of Truth has taken care of that for the most part (though, some quotes of removed content can be found if one is diligent).
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

If they made the easy mode to be nothing more than a zone wide aura that absorbed 10% incoming melee/spells (or whatever appropriate number to make raids equivalent to the last expansion's raids) and reduced the loot to the last expansion's currency, it would take pretty much 0 dev time and would make people feel like they got more for their money.

So the argument of Dev time is not really valid. It a conflict that is very easily resolved with just a tiny bit of creativity.

The aura coding is already there from EoK (EotD pre-rank 2, but in reverse). Completely block the chest and give currency on win. Super simple.

Edit: removed the unlocking the last expansion vendor, since I agree they should raid the last expansion if they can't beat the current one on normal mode.
  11. Brohg Augur

Essence of the Dragon doesn't work REMOTELY like that
  12. Whulfgar Augur

If they made an easy mode I'd be all about it .. if the only thing that dropped was last expansions raid gear .. and no coin for new expansions raid gear. But coin for Last expansions raid gear.

Especially if yall cant beat new content.
  13. HanktheTank Journeyman

Last expansions raids are not as good as current group gear. No reason to raid them except for weapons and a few focuses...
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is where itemisation has gone wrong.
    Metanis and Drogba like this.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

Doesn't work without multiple tiers of gear. We have one tier lately.

Unless they have more than one tier of raid gear (I guess with gmm they sorta do). you can't really throw out a set of gimme raids that drop the same stuff as progression raids.

People raid for content and also for gear. It's a mix of who prefers what on any raid team.

Don't get me wrong, I really would like another NToV (I help/participate on casual raids on our server).
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Actually thinking about it, a NToV'ish type zone which doesn't even need new gear. Make it drop TBL gear and requires no flags (flags are the constant bane of casual teams) would be amazing.
  17. Allayna Augur

All TBL gear dropped raid gear, minus muhbis is T1, Muhbis or GMM would be T2. 2 tiers of gear exist.

RoS had phlogiston as tier 1 or scaleborn as tier 2....2 tiers.

I like the idea of 1 off raids like TBM. Large zones of base pop to drop augs (notice they did do this in TBL) and a bunch of revamped minis and a final boss that drop raid T0 loot, without raid currency or flags. These 1 off raids should require 0 or minimal group progression to request.

I’m also a fan of them being training ground raids. TDS arx mentis had 1 off raids that if you wiped you failed for the week. There was another that booted X player from the zone if they failed 2 emotes, unable to return, which is a personal fav.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

Actually they are marginally better, with higher focus's ..

Not to mention last expansion's raid gear is exactly what EVERY top guild used to break the current expansion's raids..

Next excuse ?
  19. Vumad Cape Wearer

No...

Scaleborn Enchanter robe is 6570 HP with a 9% mindslash focus.
    Battleworn Enchanter robe is 5948 HP with a 7% mindslash focus.

RoS Raid gear is much better than TBL group gear.

RoS to TBL did have some unique impacts to the quality of raid gear however.
    The addition of luck stat which narrows the benefit, but RoS is still better.
    GMM brought non-visables to just shy of the RoS raid gear, minus the foci.
    The fact that the Visables from RoS need Visables from EoK, doubling the work for a slot (Devs need to remove this requirement, and never do it again please.)

The argument that RoS is not worth raiding is completely unfounded.

For all the support I have for T0 or easy mode raids, all of that support goes strictly towards gear equal to the previous expansion's raid gear (or a very reduced offering of new raid gear, but I like last expansion currency and spells much better). My support is about expanding accessibility of new content, not bypassing the difficulty for the same rewards.

We're agreeing again. What is happening here.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

long as its not new content on stupid easy mode, with same loot as the normal raids ..

I'm down for that.