Raid Chests 0 loots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ScreentimeInfinity, Jan 20, 2024.

1. GameKiller Lorekeeper

That this discussion has 17 pages so far on the forums, with data points and averages, is really so much that the developers need to be paying attention to right now.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Devs may not think it is an issue because players do seem to fully geared up faster than prior expansions. They may think a chest with no Valiant is similar to a group named with no Gallant. They may also decide to give in and place a guaranteed Valiant in each chest, but to off set that vendor prices for items will increase. Which potentially could mean it would take longer to gear up than how it is now.
  3. GameKiller Lorekeeper

The problem there was every time you used the word "think" - there's no analytical data behind thoughts and opinions alone.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. uberkingkong Augur

If I was a developer I sure would not be listening to anyone called Gamekiller.

If Gamekiller wants loot, participation trophies FOR RAIDERS, yeah that sounds like a Gamekiller, lets do less participation trophies FOR RAIDERS, start collecting Ws again.

Maybe if they was a Gamewinner, I'd be all ears.

Remember the days good times? No participation trophies,
    Slime Blood of Cazic Thule.

EQ doing good ZERO loots possibilities in these chests.
    Raise the probability if anything.
    Make them ULTRA RARE like the Slime Blood of Cazic Thule.
    EQ was POPPING when it has raid mobs ULTRA rare loot.
    Make these even rarer.

Don't be listening to no GameKiller.
  5. Cicelee Augur

You don't think that the devs have analytical data at their fingertips when making decisions? I would bet a mortgage payment in Vegas that they have far more analytical data than what we have available to us.

If my 8 year old throws a tantrum, should I just give in if the tantrum reaches 17 minutes and do what the child wants? Just because this thread has reached 17 pages doesn't automatically trigger a company wide email to all devs saying OMG WE MUST FIX THIS NOW!!1! I would guess they look at the long term game, and not just one chest on one raid. They want us subbing throughout the year- that is how they get paid. And their decisions they make is to ensure players are subbing each month/year.

We care that we get full raid geared. They do not. And they know that if we get full raid geared in April, some may not play May through September. And if that means loss subs, that is a bad business model for them.

IDC what the system is, as long as I can gear up by end of expansion. Which I can, and on several characters at that. Just be careful what you wish for- you wish for a guaranteed Valiant, then vendor prices could go up. Or increased currency goes down. Or something else that is worse.
    minimind likes this.
  6. GameKiller Lorekeeper

Based on their willy-nilly changes the past two-plus years, they don't even attempt to be informed of positive changes. They don't even have time to flush out 8 completely working raids, you think they have time to drive down into analytical changes for raid loot distribution and loot tables, realistic sensible class changes, or other things? (hint: the changes in today's patch make zero sense)
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The amount of time required to develop, test, and balance a raid is fairly large and doesn't even begin to compare to the other things you are talking about.
  8. GameKiller Lorekeeper

Thankfully they had about 7 months and several thousand people helping for the final stretch before pushing broken/missing content into production!
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It seems you don't understand the amount of work that is needed to get an expansion ready for release. Also it doesn't matter how many players you have reporting bugs as the issue is fixing them after they are discovered and players can't help with that.
  10. Cicelee Augur

We can just agree to disagree. I seem to have more confidence in the devs than you do. Which is fine- I am not right, you are not right, we just differ in opinion.

But to answer part of your question, I do think they have the time and resources to dive down into loot distribution for raid chests. And I think they are satisfied with the results. Just because we are not satisfied doesn't mean they aren't.

Now sensible class balance changes? Yeah they have a ways to go on that. And some of the changes they do tells me that they may not fully understand the negligible impact the change has (ex- adding extra damage to bard songs that affect fire when the amount added is irrelevant still because it is added after everything else and not before).

But I have more faith in them than you do. That we can agree on.
  11. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

just to be clear, i'm not providing our data in hopes for dev movement on the issue, more to compare our experiences with other player groups. i still think pacing is going to work out ok; but its still early days.
  12. Warpeace Augur

You're assuming they use it.
  13. Lianeb Augur

Did anyone see an increase in loot besides Spells?
    Nothing Higher than 3 TS for us
    still 2 T1 visibles
    Still 4 T1 non-vis

Still 3 raids with 0 and we only did 6 on Monday
  14. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

This week:

Before increase: 0, 0, 2.
    Post increase: 3, 2, 3, 0, 1.

We have just now returned to 1.0 drops per after some grueling weeks lately.
    Metanis likes this.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

I feel like you have had bad luck, our luck was better the past few weeks but since the increase it has been a noticeable increase (although still occasionally just bad luck - or a bunch of necks/cloaks which I guess is also bad luck)
  16. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

yep! stinkin rng at work. i sitll feel like 0s or "blanks" as we've taken to call them "feel bad"; but i also recognize the challenges at play. getting two triples certainly took the sting out of the blanks!