Fixed Internally Raid Chest Unlootable

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Omegga, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Omegga Elder

In the Eastern Wastes 1 Raid (Griklor the Restless) the chest was unlootable. Everyone, including the raid leader got the message that they were not allowed to loot the items. Also multiple people were able to get into the chest at the same time.
    Tropi, Soapy, CrazyLarth and 41 others like this.
  2. Bitten Journeyman

We tried everything we could think of, zoning out and in, logging out and in, leaving raid, things I am not remembering. /bug report saw no response and we are sad now.

If you have questions, we are available via email at the least.

(For identification purposes, I was playing Utildiin, not Bitten.)
    Vynoth, beaztmode, hurtingu and 6 others like this.
  3. Iluinya New Member

Confirmed. No one was able to loot this chest. Also, two (possibly more) people were able to enter chest at once (neither could loot). Was on Character "Aatanu" at the time, her flags for that raid correspond to this incident.
    beaztmode, hurtingu, Phaolin and 4 others like this.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Not to be snarky, but did you happen to wipe? I ask because early on I had a bug like that in BF mission where if you zoned (release to bind, evacced, etc) all trash drops gave that same message. IDK if it was same for chest since I was just there for collects.
    beaztmode and menadan like this.
  5. Iluinya New Member

Clean kill, first try. Some player deaths, but nothing approaching a wipe. The measures taken that were unusual were all after it became clear that the chest was bugged. Largely same force had completed the DN raid in the previous hour with no issues on that chest.
    beaztmode, hurtingu, Phaolin and 4 others like this.
  6. Omegga Elder

Possible related bug, today doing the Mission Whispers in the Dark, the mission did not update when we opened the chest. The person doing the challenge turn in did get the challenge update but we did not get a lockout and players who hadn't had the mission credit before did not get it. We repeated the mission and the second time the chest updated the final step.
  7. Paladin Augur

We did Part 2 EW and still could not loot stuff. EW raid zone is clearly bugged.
    beaztmode, hurtingu, menadan and 7 others like this.
  8. Dragonatrix Apprentice

Confirmed, This same bug happened when doing EW2
    beaztmode, hurtingu, menadan and 6 others like this.
  9. BrokenArrow7154 New Member

Again, confirmed. Two nights in a row and unable to do any raid loots.
    beaztmode, hurtingu, menadan and 8 others like this.
  10. dangeraven New Member

So frustrating, another night
    beaztmode, hurtingu, menadan and 2 others like this.
  11. Paladin Augur

As a note, in case it was not mentioned, this is on Bertox Server.
    Xeladom, beaztmode, hurtingu and 6 others like this.
  12. Omegga Elder

To clarify we could not even loot the construct gell that's needed for protecting the tank when the unstable golems explode.
    beaztmode, hurtingu, menadan and 4 others like this.
  13. Bitten Journeyman

So, today we went back to EW and killed Servant of the Sleeper, several deaths, cuz, it's a raid, no wipe or anything remotely like a wipe, killed him despite having this same loot issue for the gels, so, unable to protect the tank, won anyway.

Cuz we bad . Or, got lucky. Or, something.

Like yesterday w/Grikklor, chest has desirable loot for some of us, but refuses to give it up.

You are not allowed to loot the item"ItemNameHere."
    You may not loot that item from the corpse.

So, hoping that this may be fixed by next week. We'll be in ToFS and trying to beat all three instead of only one, but having access to the loot along the way would be a good incentive for the people trying to improve the characters they bring to these events.

Also, not sure if this could affect this issue, but this is a multi-guild alliance situation, which certainly has effects at our end, but since I don't work at DB/etc. I have no idea if that impacts software bugs or not. My gut tells me it should not. My head says leave no stone unturned. As the poet DH Rumsfeld once said "It's an unknown unknown".

We beat all for targets, pretty easily, though not flawlessly. People always die, and it's my fault because I am not a good enough cleric. But, we beat all of them like a cheap gong, Cuz we bad . Or, got lucky. Or, something.

Also, like yesterday, this ToV target in EW was following a CoV target, starting in WW, Zlandicar to Grikklor Friday, Tantor to Sleeper today, Saturday. Really would be odd if that caused the bug, but bugs are weird, and I am kind of spoiled by the excellent job the engineers have done over the course of the 22 years I have spent playing this great game and so, want to continue that whole No Stone Unturned ethos.

So, please, fix it.

Thanks for reading. please let us know if this is solvable. Or, when it has been solved.
    Garaga, beaztmode, hurtingu and 3 others like this.
  14. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

This behavior is typically because you're doing an event that you ended up getting a lockout on before looting this chest. Example: when my guild on Mangler was doing Seeds of Destruction raids, we loaded up a full DZ with 54 players and killed Mindshear Avatar. Next we wanted to split raid Pallorax. So half the players dropped the DZ and started up a new one. Half of the players stayed in the original DZ. The original DZ killed Pallorax first. The players in the 2nd DZ assumed the lockout on Pallorax since they had previously been in the original DZ. 2nd DZ killed Pallorax, nobody was able to loot since technically their Pallorax lockout came from the original DZ.

After figuring out what happened, we always dropped all partially completed DZ's when planning to split raid targets that remained in them.

Your experience here could of course just be a bug that's totally unrelated. But if you're doing anything unusual with joining one DZ and then killing the raid in another, that could be the culprit.
    beaztmode and menadan like this.
  15. Bitten Journeyman

Thank you for sharing your experience. We did not do anything unusual or out of the ordinary. As we have done many times previously, we gathered and organized, zoned in and buffed, reviewed strat and assigned a few duties, joked around and then got focused, beat the first target and then, after loot, moved to the second target.

Lather, rinse, repeat - except for that loot part. As stated previously, we were in CoV for target one each night, ToV for target two each night. Zlandicar last night, Tantor tonight. Third win on Tantor, so kind of a big deal, not like a First, but still, a nice clean kill with a few hiccups, none related to loot. Following those, moved to EW both nights. Beat Grikklor last night, then started in on Sleeper tonight, and once we started trying to loot the gels it became clear there was a problem with the zone. Thought briefly about bailing, but since we had peeps needing the accomplishment, and since we had the potential for achievements as yet undone, fo the coins and those wanted the raid for ears or whatnot, we stayed and tasked Bonzz with figuring out what was wonky with the loot. He was made Master Looter and Raid Leader and spent some time trying to decipher how to make the corpses lootable so that we could protect our tank from death each time we blew up an ice golem at the Skeletal dragon's tail, but eventually he dropped an F-Bomb and let us know it wasn't solvable by us/him/mortal civilians.

We then burned him the last 30ish % and confirmed that all the loot was unavailable to us, even the droppable ornaments and asked that our raiders come here and click like so that DB can see that this is a hot topic. Granted, it's a couple expansions back, but there are still people who can use the gear, especially the bricks.

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to respond. You are a mensch. (Which is a good thing, for those of you not knowledgeable about such things.)
    Garaga, beaztmode, menadan and 2 others like this.
  16. Mikana Augur

Had this in Griklor raid - beat him on first try, rolled loot, but nobody was able to loot the chest. Don't know if relevant or not, but some people had left the zone and started to gather in WW for the next target, although only the Grik DZ was active.
  17. Amasis New Member

We experienced this bug today after completing the Griklor the Restless raid on Tunare.
    beaztmode, menadan, Phaolin and 2 others like this.
  18. Dreekenail Journeyman

as this is happening on tunare and bertox on same event zone, there is something wrong. I was the raid leader on bertox server for griklor and servant. Two different days, same instance, same unable to loot chest or any drop from any mob. no unusual dropping of dz or anything else, other raids in COV loot functioned properly.
  19. Dryrott New Member

Ran across you may not loot that item at this time on the following raids; Restless Assault, Griklor, and Sleeper.
  20. Dreekenail Journeyman

oh my, if its happening in great divide, this may be a bigger issue....maybe all of ToV raids