Raid Builder Check-In, DKP, and Auctions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Blastoff, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Blastoff Augur

Introducing Raid Builder Check-In, DKP, and Auctions! After a month of bullet-proofing on plat raids I am happy to be able unlock the DKP and Auctions sections of https://raidbuilder.app/#/ to all guilds.

Raid Builder started out as a simple raid bot that has become a hobby of mine. The raid bot has slowly evolved from text output to a full blown interactive multi-raid raid-tool with support for boxes and flagging. Since I’m already taking attendance, I decided to throw a DKP system on top of it and get rid of copy pasting DKP ticks. If guilds decide to use the raid bot for check-in and group formation, dkp ticks can be taken with two clicks. If not, there is also the option to copy paste EQ’s DKP dumps instead.

Here’s a list of the key features of the DKP system.
    -Starter DKP: Automatically give members a set amount of starter DKP the first time they join the guild. This is very nice for GDKP guilds who use dkp as plat or if you just love your apps.
    -Boxing Bonus: Give boxers on the raid a flat bonus for boxing.
    -Per Box Bonus: Give boxers an additional per box bonus.
    -Weekly Decay Percent: Set this to whatever you want to have all member’s dkp decayed Monday mornings.
    -Thirty-Day RA Decay: Set a percent to decay member’s DKP by instead of the weekly decay percent if their 30-day raid attendance falls below a set threshold.
    -Set Own DKP Value: Allow members to set their own DKP value by clicking DKP:### on the My Auctions page. This is nice for GDKP guilds and allows members to set a limit on how much their auto-bidders can spend or just to keep track of your own plat spent throughout the night. What’s an auto bidder? Stay tuned it’s at the end of the auction features.
    -Allow Alt Mains: Allows members to register an alt main from the check-in page. They can then select a character to register for the raid with and get full DKP credit while playing that character. If a player's alt main is in a manually pasted raid dump, they will receive full credit for the DKP tick.

All auction rules are enforced on bidders programmatically, they can’t break the rules or spend more DKP than they have.
    -Min Bid: Set the minimum value for all items.
    -Min Up Bid: Set a flat up-bid on all items
    -Percent Min Up Bid: A very nice way to auto-scale your min up bid. If this percentage results in a min bid that is less than your guild’s set min up bid, the min up bid value will take priority.
    -Max App Bid: Set a bid limit on applicants.
    -Max Box Bid: Set a bid limit for members who wish to bid for one of their boxes registered to them by creating boxes at the check-in screen.
    -Thirty-Day RA Bid Cap: Set a bid cap for members whose thirty-day RA falls below a set threshold.
    -Auction Refresh Time: Bids placed with less than this time remaining will get refreshed to this time. It is impossible to place a bid without incrementing the timer.
    -All-In Ignores Min Bid: If this is checked, then members will be allowed to place an all-in up bid that violates the guild’s min up bid rules.
    -Members Delete Own Bids: Allow members to delete their own bids
    -Members Delete Double: Allow members to delete their own bid if the bid is at least double the next highest bid.
    -Allow Wish List Auto-Bidders: Allow members to setup an auto bidder for items that they add to their wish list. These auto bidders will bid for you up to a set price whether you have the app open or not. They will also not spend more dkp than you have so feel free to set your prices at the start of the expansion and not open the site again until it’s time to create some new auto-bidders on your wish list. After an item is won, the wish list item will have its auto bidder cleared.
    -Auto-Bidders Must Be Present: Check this if you only want auto bidders to bid if the member has at least one DKP tick in the current raid.
    -Sell Completed: Sell all completed auctions with the press of a button.
    -Sell up to 1mb worth of unique items at a time on the All Auctions page. That’s about a 250-page book worth of unique items at once. I threw up a month worth of loot at once and I doubt it came near half of the limit.
    -Members can bid on up to 70 items at once from the My Auctions page after shopping the All Auctions page and adding the items they are interested in to it. For easier shopping, the All Auctions page is sortable by race and class and then on the My Auctions page you will only see what you are interested in when placing bids.

Raid Builder was written in Flutter, so everything is extremely mobile friendly (making it web friendly is the hard part). I have both a light and dark mode setup, and guilds can change the Raid Builder logos to a custom guild logo for each mode by clicking the logo. Any image file (including animated gifs) should be fine, but I do limit the height of the image (not the width).

Interested in an amazing raiding experience? Check out the video below to see how to setup your first guild. Also, I’ve created a Discord server for bug reports and new feature discussions so feel free to stop by.

https://discord.gg/U3z29cwd5f
    Chopsuey, Nira, Mithra and 3 others like this.
  2. Blastoff Augur

I created a loot collector to easily gather, sort, and block looted items. It also has a tick parser to help run a plat raid where you are taking attendance with a spreadsheet instead of using Raid Builder's DKP system. In the video below I show off how the two tools work together to make collecting attendance, loot, and auction data easy.

https://github.com/nitroplr/EQRaidBoss

For more info check out this video:
    https://github.com/nitroplr/EQRaidBoss
  3. Blastoff Augur

I just added support for alt mains. Players can now register multiple mains to their account on the check in page after enabling the alt main feature from the guild's dkp settings. It works with Raid Builder DKP ticks as well as with pasting in raid dumps. Also revamped the manage members page into a sortable table with all relevant member info. Check out the video below for more info.

4. Blastoff Augur

Why bid when RB can bid for you? Setup your wish list and don't touch the app again until you win it all.
  5. Blastoff Augur

Single auction auto bidders are now possible without adding an item to your wish list first. By hitting the Auto Bid button you can create an auto bidder for just that auction that doesn't depend on attendance like the wish list auto bidder. Also, if a dkp tick gets taken during auctions, wish list auto bidders that needed a dkp tick for current raid attendance will get turned on without having to recreate the auctions.
    [IMG]
  6. Blastoff Augur

I took some live bidding footage from the Faceless open plat raids I run on Mischief. We play usually Saturdays at 8:30 est currently raiding FC 1 and 2 so feel free to come hang out, get some deals and a fat split. Anyways, the main point of this post is to show off some live bidding and actual use. I recently overhauled the UI to make it a little more web friendly and it should be pretty intuitive to use. RB remains extremely mobile friendly, but some of the dead space on web has been removed.

7. Blastoff Augur

Today RB went from every guild in eq can bid at the same time to every guild could be one guild and bid on the same item at the same time. Each auction can now handle a bid/sec rate of 2500.
  8. Blastoff Augur

Don't forget to check out Raid Builder for Oakwynd. It's a raid bot, DKP system, and auction house all in one. The ability to take ticks with the raid bot makes taking attendance really easy when split raiding. The bot also recently got a massive upgrade where the points algorithm now runs 100 times then picks the best comp and while still being 100% customizable to how you want your class composition setup. Members can also see who has checked in for the raid so they can gauge what the raid needs before it starts.

The DKP system is very versatile with two different types of bonuses available for boxing allowing guilds that choose to to award players a set amount for boxing or for each box boxed. It also has the normal weekly dkp decay that can be changed at will along with RA based decay where members who fall below a set 30 day RA threshold will get decayed at a different rate. Between managing alt-mains and boxes, RB makes guild systems that would otherwise be too much of a burden on leadership possible.

RB's auction system is amazing and you wouldn't know the difference between 1000 guilds bidding out loot simultaneously or 1. All of RB's auction rules are hard enforced and can not be violated. Also, auctions can be filtered by race and class to almost entirely remove mis-bids from a dkp guild. Whether your guild's bidding system is set to a 5% up-bid, 50, a box bid cap of 15, or an ra based bid cap of 20, bidder's will not be able to break the guild's bidding rules. During auctions, all past auction data is at your fingertips eliminating the need to have multiple tabs open. Don't like waiting around for bidding? Setup your auto bidders at the start of the expansion and don't open the app until the next.
  9. Blastoff Augur

I just added the ability to win multiple items per auction. Tonight on The Faceless open plat raids we bid out 120 mil worth of items including a single 65x200 phosphene auction worth 25 million. Feels really good to be able to knock out all those phosphenes in one round with the ability to see only your own winning bids on such a large auction.
  10. Blastoff Augur

Everyone who came to the open raid is going to earn 2.7 mil worth almost 3 Kronos, come check us out and see how smooth bidding is!
  11. Arclyte Augur

12. Blastoff Augur

I added an SoF item parser for loot collection to deal with Gyro Cores and Prismaridescent Essences having the same names and different slots. Guild admins will see it in the drawer. To use just copy /output inventory eq command's contents into the text field and it will copy the items to clipboard in a format that can be pasted into auction creation. If there are any other items like this in later xpacs let me know and I will see if I can add them to this parser. Gyro cores are class specific and can be filtered by class on the all auctions page for easily adding items you can use to the my auctions tab.

13. Blastoff Augur

I also added a ratio stat to weapons and made it so you can see focus effects by hovering over them.
  14. Blastoff Augur

Raid Builder got a complete overhaul to its UI. Wide screens will now see a persistent collapsible nav bar while mobile devices will still see the old pop out drawer. I also revamped the colors to have better contrast throughout the app and upgraded the app to use the new and spiffy looking Material Design 3. There are sortable tables throughout along with the ability to filter by raid where appropriate. Tooltips are placed throughout the app to explain how to use each new page.

Along with the UI revamp, I added the ability for members to request any missing ticks since they joined the guild from their My DKP page on the DKP Ticks tab. Admins can award directly on the same page for every member without having to settle a dispute. When a guild has tick requests, the Tick Requests button in the now persistent nav bar will be red. The manage members button also turns red to alert guild admins when new members have applied or requested a name (main) change.

Come check out the ultimate raid bot / open bidding DKP system (did I mention it's free?).
    Metanis and Critt like this.
  15. Blastoff Augur

Closed bidding is here! There are two closed bidding modes available in Raid Builder; one where everyone pays their highest bid and one where everyone pays the next highest bid plus one. Also, in case you missed it RB has gDKP mode with some juicy features added to EQ Raid Boss to make the entire process copy paste. Members can see their splits in real time as items are sold and attendance changes. With the ability to filter items purchased by raid, seeing what you owe is easy. GDKP raiding can be spreadsheet free, just use RB.
  16. HuggyBear Journeyman

Amazing love the gdkp addition to help all the spreadsheet people. One thing I see is whenever you click any category it does a pop out animation which is annoying. Anyway to shut off the animations and just have it load to the next page without them?
  17. Blastoff Augur

Yeah, it is possible. It's currently set to the default material app transition. I'll play with the animations a bit and see if it feels better with a different/no animation.
  18. Blastoff Augur

The next update will have a much less jarring animation that I think feels nice.
  19. HuggyBear Journeyman

Awesome love the work you put in and even letting people use it free. Keep it up!
    Blastoff likes this.
  20. Blastoff Augur

I like this upgrade a lot...glad you motivated me to look into the animations more.