Raid AE Healing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Saph, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

#Mehdisin4officer

Srsly though, what guild is this you claim to be a part of? Stop avoiding the question....
  2. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I claim to be a part of SR, at least until lizard gets tired of me telling people to press buttons goodlier =)
  3. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

I know, you just healed me in GMM whether or not you want to admit it, I was asking the OP.
  4. Clarisa Augur

[55192/4760] Issuance of Mercy Rk. III
    Classes: CLR/108
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 2393
    Target: Target Ring AE
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 4s, Recast: 5m, Timer: 13, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Summon Pet: PCSwmClrS22L108FreeHealRk3 x 1 for 120s
    Places a healing ward at the location you choose, which will heal all allies near it for *$1#1 hit points every few seconds for @1 seconds total. You must have an enemy targeted to use this ability.

[43168/4660] Issuance of Spirit Rk. III
    Classes: CLR/103
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 1992
    Target: Target Ring AE
    Range: 100'
    Casting: 4s, Recast: 5m, Timer: 13, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Summon Pet: PCSwmClrS21L103FreeHealRk3 x 1 for 120s
    Places a healing ward at the location you choose, which will heal all allies nearby for up to @1 seconds. You must have an enemy targeted to use this ability.

So the two pets above heal for the same amount?

That kind of sucks if true. It still heals for a pretty decent amount if you look at it from a healing-per-cast standpoint. I'll have to look more closely on Aalishai and Mearatas events to see if they're getting obliterated but given how much healing I have seen them do on those events, they must either not be affected by or are able to withstand a lot of AE damage.

Admittedly, I (and several of our clerics) don't use it that often. I think it gets pushed out due to limited spell slots and it's hard to just swap in and out because of the 5 min. recast (unless you use it at the beginning of an event and just swap it out after). I have no doubt it can be useful, though, especially if you can get clerics to drop duplicates using Forceful Rejuvenation at specific points during events. I just wish it had one of those blocker buffs to prevent a recast for a particular amount of time instead of that long recast timer, which makes it hard to swap in because you have to deal with a long memorization timer.
  5. Zunnoab Augur

I can't speak for them, but keep in mind "moderate" is relative. Prior to our merge with Inverse Logic, Infinite Elysium would be trying to recover and have recruits absolutely amazed at our efficiency and power. In reality we were mid tier, hurting for numbers, and were working on improving efficiency (with good results prior to the merge, I'm happy to say).

I am cautioned about being open about things like that, lest targets be placed for cross-server recruiting. It doesn't matter now, because we merged and IL is quite strong. I was strongly encouraged not to be open about those things when we did have issues pre-merge, lest people target us for recruitment. It's possible the person talking about being a "moderate" guild was intentionally vague to not paint such a target.

In another topic, someone mentioned being a top guild on their server, servers merging, and then their numbers being decimated by recruitment. I'm sure their guild prior to that incident was considered very strong, yet suddenly after the merge by comparison they weren't.

In other words, on a server housing multiple of the relatively few guilds that beat Mearatas, someone may very well perceive their guild being "moderate" in strength when they are actually quite strong.
  6. Danaleigh Elder

Inquiring minds would like to know what Guild the poster is talking about. As stated a few times already, the only guilds on Cazic that have beat TBL are ROTE and SR. I would love to know what other guild has these numbers:
    to field a raid and the rest of the server has no idea who they are. A little strange don't ya think?
  7. Sancus Augur

It is, but they specifically said that they had progressed up to (but had not beat Mearatas):
    There just isn't a guild on Cazic Thule that fits that description. My first guess would be that the OP is from a different server, but didn't want to disclose it (as we could very likely find the guild in that case). It's also possible the OP is in a guild on Cazic, but misrepresented the guild's progression to avoid identifying said guild. Or it's possible it was just a mistake I suppose.

In any case, I'm not sure why including a server was necessary at all, but /shrug.
    Zunnoab likes this.
  8. p2aa Augur

If the OP is from a guild that has beaten all TBL raids bar mearatas, he belongs to one of the 10 guilds that have done it.
  9. yosco Augur

lol, anyone else think focusing on what guild the OP was referring to is kind of missing the point of the post?
  10. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

No, it's the entire point /nod

[IMG]
    Kels, Sancus and Fintank like this.
  11. Fintank Augur

The point of the post got absolutely tossed aside due to the mysterious nature of it's base information. Unless somehow they messed up what server they're on, the only guilds possible are Silent Redemption and Return of the Exiled. However, from the wording they said no to Mearatas which both of these guilds have beat multiple times, then mentioned Aalishai which no other raid team on Cazic Thule has gotten close to even attempting.

The issue at hand mentioned in the post is also something that does not exist as a "wipe cause" for either of these 2 guilds, nor do the number of healers and typical raid size that were mentioned.

A curious post indeed!
    kizant likes this.
  12. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

maybe it's a post about cazic joint raids! I heard though that they no longer have a splash problem though since mehdisin and mehdisham have been coming and schooling everyone on how to top a heal parse =P. now they just have to deal with fintank =)
  13. Spellfire Augur

Ohhh, a secret raid force! Who are you people??
  14. Danaleigh Elder

Hmmmm someone needs to take another look at those heal parses.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

Some one is faking the funk..
  16. Zenyan Journeyman

Shields persist through AE’s. Not sure about EB ward, though.

Can be a nice little buffer during heavy AE intervals. Or when the shammies AFK to Postmates their Chili’s order.

Didn’t realize Mercy is casting Spirit though, boo. :(
  17. Raccoo Augur

09/22/19 07:49:43 PM You begin casting Issuance of Mercy Rk. II.
    09/22/19 07:49:46 PM Monkey is healed by a holy issuance. You healed Monkey for 2883 hit points by Issuance of Spirit Effect II.
    09/22/19 07:49:46 PM Vacheron is healed by a holy issuance. You healed Vacheron for 2883 hit points by Issuance of Spirit Effect II.
    09/22/19 07:49:46 PM Slayum is healed by a holy issuance. You healed Slayum for 3027 hit points by Issuance of Spirit Effect II.
    09/22/19 07:49:46 PM Lisard is healed by a holy issuance. You healed Lisard for 2883 hit points by Issuance of Spirit Effect II.
    09/22/19 07:49:46 PM Ryino is healed by a holy issuance. You healed Ryino for 2883 hit points by Issuance of Spirit Effect II.
  18. Clarisa Augur

Thanks. I guess the spell designer must have assigned the wrong spell effect to the new pet? Or something else is causing it to cast the wrong spell, because the correct effect definitely exists:

[43171] Issuance of Spirit Effect III
    Target: Single
    Range: 300'
    Casting: 0s
    1: Increase Current HP by 3027
    Heals you for up to @1 hit points.

[55195] Issuance of Mercy Effect III
    Target: Single
    Range: 300'
    Casting: 0s
    1: Increase Current HP by 3672
    Heals you for up to @1 hit points.

It's only a 600 point difference from the older effect at max rank, but it'd still be nice to get that...
  19. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

AE healing should be limited to 12 targets max can’t have this unbalanced aspect in the game.
  20. Zunnoab Augur

That would make it worthless and completely break events with heavy AE damage.

Quite enough modern mechanics/improvements have regressed over the last few years. Let's not add to the list.