Ragefire vs Lockjaw - Timeline

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ketzerei84, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Ketzerei84 Elder

So, if I'm reading things correctly, Lockjaw is going to be the slower-paced unlock server?
  2. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

DB hasn't really given us much if any good information. Kunark is getting an early unlock vote in about a month. Hopefully RF will change to a 3 month server and LJ will stay a 6 month server so people have options, rather than having 2 servers with identical unlock plans.
  3. -wycca Augur

I don't think Classic and Kunark have enough content to be decent 6 month expansions. I'd prefer we get 3 months in each on Ragefire, then the normal schedule after that. Classic & Kunark funnels group content into only a few areas, and raid content is largely an after thought. Velious added balloons raid content (40 new raid mobs!!) and gives enough group content to really make 6 months more worthwhile.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  4. Armain New Member

I would like to know the plan also so I could make a decision on whether or not to join Lockjaw or stay on Ragefire. Will Ragefire open up new expansions every 3 months while Lockjaw is every six months? Is Ragefire going to wait 6 months after opening up Kunark before the next expansion? I hope Daybreak addresses this issue and gives some specifics before the transfer time. My decision hinges on these issues and if they don't tell people the timeline for each server, how can you really make an informed decision?
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  5. Vlerg Augur

opinion change. that's why there's no plan fixed. you may think 6 month in velious is fine now, but you may not think it is after 4 months of slaughtering rat in DN or giant in kael.

if i'd have to make an educated guess, ragefire will alway be pushing for fast-ish progression while lockjaw push for a slower pace.
  6. Weverley Augur

As far as i know for kunark RF gonna be in there early september while LJ gonna be in early december but after that if ppl wants faster on either server all bet r off but if u want slower i would go to LJ
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I just hope that those who want a faster unlock stay on Ragefire. I really want slow progression so I won't be happy if after I move they speed up Lockjaw.
  8. MamaBear Elder

I have to concur with this assessment. Only because with all the changes, buffed pets and how fast everyone leveled up this go around, it doesn't make sense to close it longer than 3.

I initially said 6 months but now that I've seen the above, I have changed my mind.
  9. Viersa Journeyman

I hope RF gets the early Kunark unlock and then the usual 6 month plan after that. A constant 3 month schedule totally diminishes character gear progression. Why bother when stuff is gonna be outdated so fast?
  10. Marthisdil Augur

40 new raid mobs. So, in Kael you have Tormax and AoW...Thurgadin you have Dain...and Sky you have Yeli. Then you have NToV and ST. both of those are self-contained. While you can consider them individual raid mobs, they're really grouped together in their appropriate dungeons.

Velious does add a ton of non-raid stuff to do - shawl quest, ring quest event, etc. Which will most def be helpful for sure.

Though I look forward to seeing how fast the sleeper is spawned - after some guild kills 3 dragons and leaves the 4th up...someone else goes in and kills the 4th ;) that will be popcorn worthy.
  11. Ambee Elder

You forgot Velk, Vindicator, Statue of Rally Zek, Klanidcar, Tunare, Wuoshi, and possibly more I could be forgetting