Ragefire vote

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zeltari-Ragefire, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Semah Augur

No matter what, AA are good for a server's health. Much more incentive to group. Right now we're kind of caught in a raid-focused game. Raiding is nice, but grouping is an important aspect, too.
  2. Bewts Augur

I think that may be a bit subjective. It is good for level capped population health. People will log in more often and/or play longer while they still have AA to acquire. Off days from raiding may be incorporated to accommodate this increased demand for time to faction and/or AA which definitely benefits the level or near-level capped population for grouping concerns.

However this doesn't change anything for the better for people struggling with new accounts. If people are playing on their level capped toons for AA grinds, they are less likely to be leveling new (or old) alts that have yet to reach cap level and hence create an even larger gap between new accounts and the established ones.

As for the economy, the more time invested by level capped players grinding AA, there is inevitably going to be more group acquired loot entering the economy. As long as these items are not level-restricted, this could benefit new accounts as prices will eventually drop due to the saturation of items entering the economy. Who wants to vendor things if you can move it quickly for 1/3 the price it sold for last week/month?

There is some correlation between access to high level items at lower levels and the rate at which you can xp due to having those items, but that benefit doesn't last for long as the returns diminish quickly after level 30 or 40. Doubly so as you leave classic-era content and mobs have more HP and/or hit harder. Triply (is that a word?) so for anyone trying to solo.

TL;DR: AA's are good overall but not in the way you'd think for new accounts.
  3. Weverley Augur

I always notice that AA comes much faster then regular xp so personally i don't see aa causing much trouble to be follow unless you play like 10 hours a week and you are lfg for most of that times. Over the years i group with people that we're finding regular xp horrible while i was adding aa at a nice rate on many zones.
  4. woo woo Journeyman

Please start voting unlocks at 3 months....If the population doesn't want it...it will get voted down.