Ragefire vote

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zeltari-Ragefire, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Zeltari-Ragefire Lorekeeper

Will Ragefire have a vote to speed up luclin launch? Or do we ha e to wait six months? Just curious.
  2. Bewts Augur

Lockjaw might lose its mind if there is one...
  3. Zeltari-Ragefire Lorekeeper

Are they ever not?
  4. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Ragefire should be getting Luclin sometime right before 2017.
  5. Baldur Augur

I thought when lockjaw came up and transfers were allowed the reason was because the timer was reduced to 3 months on Ragefire and Lockjaw would be at 6 months. Did I miss something?
  6. Machen New Member

Yes, you missed that not actually happening at all. Ragefire is still on 6 months.
    Kattria Minx and Critt like this.
  7. Tieyla Elder

That was never the reason for transfers.

Transfers actually happened because Ragefire STILL HAD QUEUES and people didn't want to re-roll.

Because TL didn't share content with anyone on Ragefire, while on Lockjaw three guilds had a rotation. Many guilds on Ragefire were threatening/planning to transfer. So to keep Ragefire from being a ghost town they enforced rotations. This still didn't stop half a dozen or more "big" guilds from moving. In fact after transfers Lockjaw was more populous.

During all this, a vote was released on both servers. The infamous "split vote" Both servers had more people that wanted immediate and 3 month Classic versus the original 6 months setting.

Ragefire had more for 3 month, but Lockjaw had more for immediate.

So DBG in their infinite wisdom, decided Ragefire would get 3m, and Lockjaw 6m. Which is why people think Ragefire was to be a quicker server.

What they forget is the vote was for early Kunark ONLY.

Later Ragefire got a vote to actually become a "50% of original time server" but the average person voting didn't understand the vote, so now you're 6m like Lockjaw.

At the same time Lockjaw got a vote to release Kunark approx 1 month earlier, which passed.

Lockjaw never got a vote like Ragefire did to go to 50% unlock speeds.

So that's the real truth.

If you came to some other conclusion, you didn't pay attention and are one of the people that caused the Ragefire vote to fail.

Later Phinigel opened, and destroyed both servers population. Since people could transfer from Lockjaw to Ragefire and not the other way at this point, Lockjaw's population is the lowest now.

Hope that helps.
  8. Kiani Augur

Pretty good summary, Tieyla. You didn't mention that there were free transfers available after the first vote, though.

And the second vote was flawed, it was badly worded, and there was no option for people who wanted a flat 3 months like Phinny. 6 weeks for later expansions seems too quick.

In fact, I reckon both RF and LJ should move on to a faster unlock schedule altogether. Let Phinny overtake them, first, then make it 3 months, like Phinny. If people don't like that, there's always the vote each expansion. It'll still be slower than Phinny because of the unlock requirements first.
  9. Ker Le Blanc New Member

Once again Tieyla u know nothing!
    RF server is far to be dead. I can't speak for LJ too.
  10. Tieyla Elder

If you don't think the Ragefire population is a mere shadow of what it was pre-phinigel you clearly can't count passed the number of fingers and toes you have.

Also...English please, learn it.
  11. Ker Le Blanc New Member

See u are already changing the meaning of ur post.
    U said DEAD server and now u speak of a mere shadow ...
    There is less player for sure but its not dead like u pretend.

When it come to personnal attack that mean only one thing, u got pwned ... I could ask u to learn the others tongs i speak?

Like i said many time u know nothing. And by coming here on forum everyone can see it now!
  12. Kiani Augur

I know you were trying to be clever, but English isn't his first language. I bet you can't speak his language as well as he speaks yours.
    Punchu, taliefer and Bewts like this.
  13. Semah Augur

7.5 months of Velious is going to be painful. I also think that, long-term, tying unlocks to entire expansions being beaten is bad for the server (see Vulak + the timer-affecting bugs RF suffered); that should be changed in some way. I'd have voted for faster unlocks if the option were 3 months across the board, not 3-months-and-then-half-that.

Also: I don't think arguing in yet another thread about whether RF is dead is going to attract the dev attention this issue deserves.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  14. Pictarous Augur

"Ragefire isn't dead, I play there!"

It's dead. Deader than a door nail. Deader than Prince. When New Member accounts appear to defend Ragefire/LJ, it really just drives home the point that it's maybe 35-40 unique people actually playing on that server. is deeeeaaaad
  15. Radien Elder

[IMG]
  16. Deadliest Journeyman

Lol, saying its dead is like saying grass is blue and not green, dont answer a troll! lots playing, not as much as pre phinigel. if I could chose i would chose a little more people, high euro base and us makes it seem more dead because its rarely 100% populated at the same time.

Anyways i dont care if others think its dead , loads of people playing and im having fun nuff said!
  17. GrugSA Augur

It was for RoK only, they did a second vote for quicker SoV release but it failed.

That was explicitly the reason stated, however the vote was for RoK only.

False on queues true on didn't want to reroll

True on TL not wanting to share content, False on LJ having a real rotation, false on guilds threatening to xfer. False on why the rotations happened. A few guilds moved to LJ but not many. LJ was never more populous

The vote was before transfers and was explicitly the reason for FREE transfers

They did, it was part of the original vote, LJ voted no and CHOOSE to stay on LJ instead of joining RF because u were scared to TL.
    Punchu and AlmarsGuides like this.
  18. AlmarsGuides Augur

Thanks for correcting him, you saved me the trouble.

<3
  19. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

You're right, he did go for the personal attack... however he was hardly "pwned".

Tieyla never said Ragefire was "Dead" as you claimed. He said "Later Phinigel opened, and destroyed both servers population." That you misinterpreted his meaning, language barrier or not, does not place you in the right and determine that you "pwned" anyone!
  20. Lonye Augur

To anyone (not the person who I'm quoting) didn't read this post, read it. It sums it up extremely well.