Ragefire transfers have ruined lockjaw for me

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arya1, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Swarfega New Member

Friday, Jugerrnaut and Gythlen like this.
  2. Arya1 Lorekeeper

You forget the fact that ragefire players are used to higher prices in the first place. If they start buying at those elevated prices because for them it is what they think it is worth, the price goes up rapidly despite being significantly lower on lockjaw before the transfers. Of course sellers are going to want to make the most and then they will start demanding the same and the whole thing just ends up significantly inflated over the course of two days. Kronos went from 2.5 to over 4k and by the time august 10 comes around they will probably be significantly higher.
  3. Agrippa Augur

This isn't the first time and certainly won't be the last the time that the team has gone out of their way to screw over the community.
    Drexll, Friday and Trey like this.
  4. Arya1 Lorekeeper

View likes this.
  5. Porygon Augur

Actually...no-one ruined their lands. The majority of the people transferring are doing so (I would guess) because of the 6 month timer we were "promised".
    View, Simone, Friday and 1 other person like this.
  6. Finley Augur

Then why have you been such a vocal part of Ragefire's attempts at finding a rotation that works if you have no vested interest in staying?
  7. Porygon Augur

Because I'm representing my guild, which is not leaving. They don't have a presence on these forums. And I haven't left yet, relax.
  8. Baldur Augur

So what you just explained is called demand. Meaning that someone was willing to pay the higher price that was being asked. If there was no demand for the item at that price, meaning if no one bought the item at that price, then the seller would lower the price. It's common sense.

The transfers caused the population on Lockjaw to increase, which increased demand for most items, which increases prices. So the problem isn't Ragefire people are used to higher prices, the reason prices went up is because population increased which increased demand.
    Simone and Mind tickle like this.
  9. Arya1 Lorekeeper

. Ragefire had artificially higher prices and imported them by selling and buying items here. It only takes one ragefire person to sell and another to buy an item at an artificially high price to completely change the price. Coupled with the increase in population, once the price has increased it is likely to stay there or increase, not decrease.Take GEBs as an example.So now not only do we see a price increase on many items but that price increase is going to stay or go even higher.

I don't see your point. Yes the increased population by the transfers was the direct causation of the inflation and is still floating until august 10, effectively ruining the lockjaw's pre-transfer economy. There's no two ways about it. The increase in demand was not beneficial to the general lockjaw player (unless all you do is farm), precisely why i wrote my original post.
  10. Mind tickle Lorekeeper

I think Baldur deserves an award.
  11. Porygon Augur

Look, let's be real. Regardless of whether you believe it or not. Lockjaw was doomed to be the next vulak. With the transfers, your server will probably be the longer lasting one by far.

You should be happy.
    Simone likes this.
  12. Skipper Augur

[IMG]
  13. Kahna Augur

More KSing, more training, more crowding and the rude behavior that goes with it. I thought you guys said everyone who wanted to transfer to LJ was the nice happy casuals who were going to make our server a better place.

So instead of being Vulak in a few years, we get to be Ragefire now... you know, the server you all transferred here to get away from. Unless the crowding drives away the folks who wanted a less populated server. Then we get to be Ragefire now and Vulak later. Best of both worlds.

I'm just glad I have all the fear and hate gear I wanted, because they are a mess.
  14. Detheb Augur

Didn't get KSed once today while doing anything on Ragefire today. Even made a little bit of plat. That, plus a new raid rotation. Looking like Ragefire isn't that bad to play on afterall!
  15. Recnarp Augur

You Lockjaw players worry too much. As soon as the gates to Kunark open, the temptation will cause people to flock back over to Ragefire. Once that's done, you'll be free to continue building your 'utopia.'
  16. Finley Augur

Anyone else plan to have max level chars on both servers eventually? Not transferring any of my guys to Lockjaw (All my alts have a purpose!) but thinking about transferring a little cash to get started with fresh chars.
    Barton likes this.
  17. Deadshade Augur

I have just transferred from LJ to Ragefire.
    OK, the 3 months Kunark bothers me a bit but balancing the population of both servers is a good thing.
    Other than that, there is no significant qualitative difference between the 2 populations.
  18. Recnarp Augur

I was thinking about transferring multiple bags of bonechips to my two necros and switch them to Lockjaw... but I couldn't figure out how evil classes can level from the Kaladim bonechip quest... so I gave up on that idea. :(
  19. Archess Elder

What where you expecting out of the transfers? just the good people would transfer over like ragefire would become a prison for the douches ?

Ironically, ive not been DPS raced, Kill Stealed or otherwise run into any unpleasant person since the transfers started on RF, looks like at least for now all the douches went where they think the money is at.
  20. Mad_Mikey Elder

I have an alt I hunt with in RM once a week or so. Up until now it's been a pretty pleasant zone to xp in. Tonight /ooc was suddenly filled with Mage boxers flaming one another and accusing each other of tryin to KS and being botters (which I found funny given bots don't generally engage in /ooc pissing contests.) No proof they were RF transfers and didn't really affect me, but the mood of the server has definitely changed since last Thursday.