Ragefire Tradeskillers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Revo123, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Revo123 New Member

Anyone able to confirm if cultural combines are working now that Velious is out?
  2. Kiani Augur

I just checked out the halfling combines.

Vale Reinforced armour (stat-less) - worked before.

Imbued Vale Sleeves (the +2sta, +2wis item) - worked just now (didn't work before Velious).

Stormreaper Boned Sleeves (+5wis, +5dex, +25hp, +25mana - the only one worth making imo) - You cannot make this item because you failed to meet the requirements.
  3. Revo123 New Member

So it sounds like revamped classic combines are in at Velious. At least I many of us will now be able to do combines to go over 188 in smithing without being suck making sickles.

Unless I'm mistaken, the storm reaper is a PoP era combine; aka cultural 2.0.
  4. Kiani Augur

To be honest, I can't remember which era the different combines came from, I can just tell you the next tier has opened up. For skill ups, I guess it very much depends on your race and the craft, halflings could skill up tailoring in Kunark with the first tier.
  5. CaptainRich Journeyman

I am able to make the High Elf Mystic Koada armor, but not the Imbued Koada. Looking at Alla forums I see the first notes on the Mystic stuff was 5/22/2001 and the Imbued Koada was 6/8/2001, so they seem to have been released at roughly the same time. However the notes also point to trivials on the Imbued that were much higher than they are now. If the trivials were adjusted at a later date it might mean that we need to wait till the next expac drops to get the recipies. Interestingly these dates kinda imply that these were added half way between Velious and Luclin.
  6. Bewts Augur

My understanding was the original cultural required blue diamonds, which was later removed during a revamp. Presumably, that would coincide with the timing of lowering trivials.

What is unfortunate is by the time these items become available, the gear is no longer relevant compared to the cost to make. This artificial elimination of demand due to timing really puts entire aspects of the non-raid game into an "also played" category. Killing a giant in kael arena nets better equipment than 90% of the old world cultural.

Not putting this content out until Luclin makes this doubly worse, leaving cultural as only an alternative and expensive option to level up tradeskills.

Tragic.
  7. Gremin Augur

You cant use the dates on Allakhazams as to when stuff was released because they had a database corruption and hack event back in 2001 that wiped them clean. So almost every single item or post was reentered into the system in 2001.