Ragefire Server Stats: Post-Beta Results!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by totalimmortal, May 19, 2015.

1. Tornat Augur

Mages are going to bust this server , should just turn the class off til PoP or something or make new pet spells only used on server. Oh well.
  2. SyDiko Augur

Lol, Mages are going to bust themselves.

I'm glad their numbers are high, makes my class choice that much more lucrative.
  3. Ultrazen Augur

I think the monk thing can be attributed to a few factors.

1. All melee classes absolutely suck early on, even monks. I'm sure there were plenty of people that logged on, tried out a starter monk and quickly realized they sort of sucked.

2. Monk in comparison to mage. The two advertised "overpowered" classes. If people tried them both, it's no wonder there is a huge uptake in mages. Mages are flat out overpowered from level 2, and are so far ahead of every other class in the low level game.

3. Human only starting choice. Both Qeynos and Freeport sort of suck, and will be jam packed at launch.

4. Lack of Iksar as a starting choice. I know for me personally, this is what sealed it for me. If liz was in at the start, I would be rolling a monk without question. That innate regen is absolutely huge in classic, and especially huge for a melee class that doesn't really get any reliable healing for quite a while.

After starting a bunch of level 1 classes and races, the thing that sealed it for me was the troll regen. Troll Shaman, is really the only other out of the gate class that can roll through low level content, once again, that regen is huge early on.

It will be interesting to see if this poll alters peoples choices once again. I know for me looking at this, I'm really tempted to go back to monk, just because it appears there won't be a billion of them, and I love pulling. Can always race change at kunark.
  4. bobjones1208 Augur

This makes me happy to play a rogue even more. I refuse to cater to what's easy or best right now. I refuse to min/max and rush to max level. I refuse to box a bot army so I can be the first to lvl 50.

I'm sure it will be harder to get groups with people that are only interested in the aforementioned max dps route, but it works for me because I wouldn't be interested in grouping with them anyway.
    Genoane and Fallfyres like this.
  5. Vexosis Journeyman

Preach on! We are the 4%!
    Genoane and Fallfyres like this.
  6. Lokero Elder

I think that sums it up. All melee classes are behind all caster classes. Well, aside from Bards, but they aren't really a "melee" class, in the normal sense.

Apparently, people don't want to plug away and struggle to level up a melee ;)

I think it's kind of odd, considering there's supposed to be alot of grouping. I guess maybe everyone is afraid everyone else will be boxing and they'll have to solo more. Who knows...
  7. Xhieron Elder

People are scared, and honestly they should be. I think even more than the last tlp it's going to be the Wild West out there for a while. So even if you're not strongly on one side of the boxing issue, I can definitely see the appeal in picking something safe. It's no mistake that the top five are all touted as decent soloers (with druid not far behind). Honestly I'm a little surprised SK didn't edge out the other tanks more just on account of its self-reliance.

I think for a little while we may even see a situation where it's just really counter-productive to be in places like Guk, because even if you're ahead on the DPS arms race, you're probably being less than optimal just because you're fighting that battle in the first place. The good news is that that might mean Guk is populated for six months straight, but then that's probably the bad news too.

I guess better Guk than Phinny, but that's just a matter of time anyway. Then again, I think we're looking at a Rickman scenario sooner rather than later, and I'll be surprised if we don't see Kunark open somewhere shy of six months. I'm not a betting man, but that's more because I don't have the liquid cash to spare than because I'm not confident.
  8. oldemangamer Augur

Thanks for doing this, nice job.

I remember looking at class pops on Fippy quite a bit. There were not nearly as many monks as people thought there were going to be and I agree with the poster above who said there not as strong as they look on paper. Once people played them for a bit, they realized this and the face rollers switched to another class.

The other thing I noticed on Fippy is that there were a lot of Bards early on, but it seemed like a lot of people gave up on them fairly early, so that you didn't see that many at higher levels.
  9. Kahna Augur

I played a bard on Fippy, before my guild went to Vulak. It wasn't fun at all. Groups didn't need crowd control at all so I was really just a labor intensive mana battery/buff bot with really horrible dps. And they always made me pull, because it takes a bard, who really only has pacify for a pulling tactic in classic, to pull the single mob the second it spawns in the stripped bare dungeon.
  10. Tarrin Augur

I am genuinely curious what all the people who say they plan on casually raiding plan on actually raiding..for the first year or so of Ragefire.
  11. Silv Augur

There is a huge difference between statistically significant and statistically relevant. It appears a lot of people do not understand the difference.

Cool survey though; that's a nice number of participants for a voluntary poll.
  12. Xhieron Elder

Actually I'm leaning toward playing a bard on Ragefire for exactly that reason. Sure there's no fade for a while, but as you point out there aren't a lot of other reasons to bring a Bard over a (second) chanter. Pulling is something a lot of people don't want to do, but we all know from experience that a good puller is the absolute cornerstone of the gravy train experience. If it happens to be easy enough that you don't really need a bard, but they still want a bard, then good on you for being a bard.
  13. totalimmortal Elder

Today is the day. Have you made your choice?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  14. Vaclav Augur

As people elaborated in the first one - many folks (including myself) voted their ideal not realities of the server.

It's how often would you like to - not how often will you, after all.
  15. Klaria Journeyman

Great work. Will be interesting to see how the polls come out further down the timeline :)
  16. totalimmortal Elder

Keepin this bumped until server launches. Clock is winding down, are you making last minute decisions?
  17. Draden Elder

I had planned on a bard, and have 2 friends playing an enchanter and a cleric. Will the bard really be that pointless?
  18. totalimmortal Elder

Not a super great trio, but bard is always needed for resist songs on raids, and useful as a puller and/or enchanter replacement in exp groups. Of course they get significantly better with AAs, but still quite playable in Classic.
  19. Xhieron Elder

You should totally not play a bard. Bards are awful. Just really terrible. No one should play a bard except me.
  20. Banrak New Member

Think it will be shaman for me. Just worried that I will just be a less effecient cleric when main healing a group. But cleric seems so limited in options of what they can do. Chosing a class is and always has been super hard for me.