Ragefire, rage refund.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Taichang, May 21, 2015.

1. Taichang New Member

This is a 16+ year old game, you have next to no real population left because of how poorly SoE did at things. There is no possible way that the sheer number of subscribing players is enough to cause this. This is suppose to be a perk for paying players, and you botched this so bad it really makes me wonder why I give money to your company at all.

How do you expect to justify keeping players for this game, EQ2, or even EQNext when you simply can't run a game correctly that at this stage in it's life should be on auto pilot.

Sad, just real sad.

You need to make it up to community, and to the people who pay for this game, this is both my personal time and my PAID for game time. All lost because of incompetency.
  2. coastaleagle New Member

please refund

community is insulted.
    random_pawn00 and Garrett like this.
  3. Wolfnite New Member

Don't worry you have 6 more months to play before the new expansion comes out, if losing out on two days is too much for you to handle then you should probably not give money to the company, as you stated, because this game is "16 years old" and is going to have issues. They acknowledged that they messed up and are being transparent regarding the status of the game, you along with the hundreds of other people will do nothing, why did you even waste your time posting.
  4. Roagie New Member

Ragefire is full, would be nice if someone posted an update on what's going on and how they are going to fix the issue...From looking at the forums and twitter is seems there are quite a few of us unable to log in.
  5. Fyta New Member

Wolfnite,

You're missing the point. When someone pays for a service (like how we pay daybreak for eq) they expect for that service to be performed at a specific standard. So, when I give my $15.00 a month (which I won't be anymore) to Daybreak to play on Ragefire I expect to be able to play the game. I don't expect to be coming to this forum to complain about a service that I should be receiving. The bottom line is Daybreak failed in every way imaginable in regards to this server and let down a very solid community of individuals who love everquest.

I assume that Daybreak knew this was going to happen. They should have known from back when SOE launched fippy and then ultimately launched vulak that this very same situation was going to repeat itself with the ragefire server. My guess is though that Daybreak didn't do this because they wanted to launch this in the cheapest way possible and in turn maximize their profits off the surge of incoming subscriptions. Kind of a crappy way to do business if you ask me.
    Monkeylord, LoudChild and Thurgar like this.
  6. coastaleagle New Member

please refund there is no functionality 3 days in
  7. Aghinem Augur

You are not going to get a refund. Stop spamming the forums with this. There are several other servers to play on.
  8. Draldar Arcanos New Member

A lot of people re-subbed just to play on Ragefire. They already knew there were other servers. They don't want to play on those. They want the progression server experience from the beginning. They should just open a sister server honestly. Their points are completely valid that they are paying for something they can't use.
    Tahu and ShaggNasty like this.
  9. ShaggNasty New Member

I agree 100%..

Daybreak EMAILED ME and asked me to come try it out on a fresh server... yea...i wanted to...after not playing for over 6 years...i loved EQ1...i even talked 6 of my friends in getting it also...if i cant get into ragefire...why play? I dont want to join a server...that is not populated in the low level areas...thats stupid.. i want to play this game again with a fresh start..

they NEED To remake this game with new graphics and landscapes..just the same functionality / spells /quests....just updated for current game graphics and it would have a great following again.
  10. Leex Pewpewer

No refund for you!

Be patient like the rest of us and stop being a cry baby. Tons of people couldn't access the server.
    Aghinem likes this.
  11. thechacko Elder

Would be nice if they warned customers before paying for all access that it's full. You know, maybe followed through with their advertisement promising you would be playing on your Memorial Day weekend.
    ...Instead they're on vacation.

If they knew they were going to have issues why did they push it so closed to Memorial Day? Why not launch the server a few weeks ahead of time and then do the mass marketing?

Are you really this much of a shill to force yourself into brand loyalty over being a consumer? Do you think they're going to recognize your loyalty and reward you? lol.

Because I tell you what the whole thing stinks of a scam to make their portfolio turn a positive profit for a month. Do you think Columbus Nova is in this for the long haul? hahahaha.

They're going to gut the staff and outsource until it's turning a profit and then resell the company to someone else. It's what they do. They will use whatever tactics they have to, to draw in money and don't care about their brand (its only a temporary set back for them).
    random_pawn00 likes this.
  12. Aghinem Augur

Nice conspiracy theory.
  13. Agrippa Augur

I agree that they should put some bold - not fine - print text in their ads and store page making it clear that most players won't be able to play.
  14. thechacko Elder

It would be a conspiracy theory if it wasn't already in motion and not exactly how all venture capitalist firms have operated in the last 20 years.

They already cut some of your big, original development team for this game. They'll go back in and cut more.

...and yes, sending out a mass mailer to people and requiring them to pay BEFORE they can find out if they can use the product is a scam.

But go ahead write me off ;) Keep giving them your money and let time tell you what every MBA already knows.
  15. Aghinem Augur

Now you are just insulting a majority of the community who is simply more patient, calm and collective than you obviously are. Really going to miss your posts though.
  16. thechacko Elder

And see they've finally addressed it and put a queue in place to auto-log. Now it's tolerable.
  17. Chips Elder

They need another server up.. People are waiting 2+ hours today to get in.. I've had it take 30, 45, and today it took me 1.5 hours to get in.. On top of that the client crashed do to 'advanced loot' using the 'leave on corpse' option.. I hope they get that fixed soon..
  18. omgthedonny New Member

ITS NOT LIKE WE PAY FOR THIS SERVER..... oh wait.
    Trashed and random_pawn00 like this.
  19. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Except that they didn't pay to on another server, or else they wouldn't be here complaining. They came back and paid to play on Ragefire.
  20. omgthedonny New Member

It's not a matter of being patient. some of us dont play 12 hours a day - some of us can only play for a couple hours a night - and to sit in a que with no line or no ETA what so ever it's just a complete waste of my little free time that I do have - anyone that has a life can't justify spending your unwind time after work by checking the computer every 5 minutes just to finally get 60 minutes of playing time by the time you actually get in.