Ragefire/Lockjaw Kunark Poll Results

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Weverley Augur

It actually make sense.Here's the discussion at daybreak conference room that i see.Ok we have 49.5% on both servers who voted for 6 months.We have 30% on LJ and 20% on RF that voted for 3 months and we have 20% on LJ and 30% on RF that voted for asap.How do we try to satisfied the most people.If we stick to 6 months for both we angered 50% of our player base on each server.AH make sense to keep 1 server at 6 months and move the other to 3months we keep everybody happy subs money keep coming in .
  2. Nolrog Augur

So the people who voted for 6 months on Ragefire, can go F themselves and get left on a server that ignored the results of the vote and arbitrarily imposed the 3rd choice of the people on the server?
    Rhiyannon and Friday like this.
  3. Nolrog Augur

Couldn't find a real winner?

How is that not a real winner? Just because it didn't pass 50% doesn't mean it wasn't the clear winner.
    Kalgor the Mad, Mezrah and Friday like this.
  4. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

there WASNT a majority winner. no option went over 50%. there was a plurality, sure, but early voting on BOTH servers went majority. literally the only reason why 6 month won plurality on the 2 servers is because they split the vote for early access.
  5. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

All of the re-rolls I've met have been really cool. It's one big mass in-flux at all levels, including whole guilds, that has me concerned.
    Rhiyannon and Jadefox like this.
  6. Clueless Journeyman

Thanks for the update, and the option to play on the faster moving progression server or the slower one. I like the Kunark expansion.
  7. Vitality New Member

This poll was written so badly I'm going to unsub because of it.
  8. Sinzz Augur

I think this satisfys the most folks who cares what math is it makes the most sense and ragefire just crashed lol
  9. Bufonidae Elder

So Kunark in 3 months on Ragefire and 6 on Lockjaw... how long till Velious on both?
  10. Baldur Augur

Considering that Lockjaw has more players on it than Fippy had, I think it'll be fine.
  11. Tintaglia Elder

Let's say just for argument's sake, that this was the vote breakdown (counting ONLY cast votes, not active accounts)

* 6 months - 45% of the vote
    * 3 months - 29% of the vote
    * ASAP - 26% of the vote

Of course, by adding the two smaller vote counts, you can negate the higher. but that's not how ANYBODY runs a vote, anywhere. Except maybe countries run by Marxists and dictators. Where of course, a vote is only for show, to appease the masses.

In a political campaign with three persons running for the office or nomination, the person with the most votes would win. Outside any stated laws pertaining to a close finish and run off elections, that's how it works. Now do you understand, from a "real world" perspective?
  12. Dueceduece Lorekeeper

new ownership same show. Little changes when you keep the same incompetent people in charge. When the population votes one way yet you go another is fail. You created a progression server with rules yet you want to bend them because of pressure. It starts of innocently enough but it just shows the players that if they complain enough and cause enough waves then they will get there way. Well F that. I don't want to transfer 5 toons to lockjaw where the population is lower. Your telling your customers their votes down count. If the minority was to unlock it earlier let them move to lockjaw where the population is lower and let the original server stand.
    Rhiyannon, Friday and Shortina like this.
  13. Shortina Journeyman

Okay so let me get this straight. .. you took one server's second choice and the other server's second choice .. combined that total second vote to get a majority to put on one server??????????

What happens when we combine the total 6 month vote from both servers? Does this beat out the second vote combo?

Sounds a lot like politician math to me.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Here I come Lockjaw.....
    Friday likes this.
  15. Tylon New Member

It's just a vote in August people....jeesh. You can still vote not to unlock kunark or to unlock it then.
  16. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

i understand that literally half of the game wanted shorter timeframes and under your results wouldve been kicked in the balls. No one ever asked for instant kunark. instant kunark was given to us regardless. and Without instant kunark, we'd have seen a very different voting result. I think they realized that since the voting in actuality was 50/50 in favor of changing it/keeping it the same, they went with the neutral solution.
  17. Banuvan Augur

Oh DBG. You have had so many opportunities to make this an amazing couple servers for everybody involved and you keep making bad choices left and right. I pity to see what's going to happen starting tomorrow with the changes. Some people don't see the absolute show that's coming but I do. It is only going to get worse.
  18. Baldur Augur

In some primaries with more than 2 people running if one person doesn't receive at least 50 percent of the vote there is a runoff with the top 2 vote getters. I'm assuming that is what you are referring to when you say outside any stated laws pertaining to run off elections? So you just disproved your earlier point yourself.

I think they did the right thing here, if you want 6 months, move to Lockjaw or stay there if that's where you already are. If you want less than 6 months, move to Ragefire or stay there.
  19. Simone Augur

It is a bit odd that the least popular option(release in 3 months) ends up being what's imposed on Ragefire. Sure you could weigh that there was a slight majority(though they wont release transparent numbers) and that it should be less than 6 months but if you averaged it out it would probably be closer to 4 months. If they don't want to do it by the plurality then they should weight the votes to average out the desired result.

Of course if this was just a two option vote with as soon as possible and in 6 months it probably would have been that 6 months would have won since many people don't want classic to end as soon as possible.

Also if we revisit timetables for other expansions we could very well end up with planes of power next July which seems sad.
  20. TarewMarrForever Augur

And if you are correct, there will be transfers to RF in the future from LJ. No big deal. Such transfers will be possible, because by definition LJ will always be behind RF now, you can pretty much guarantee it.

I'm not worried in the least. I'll be gone long before then.

However, I think your warning is 100% backwards. The *smart* move would be to go to LJ. If you stay on RF, or move to RF, chances are you will be STUCK! Even if *it* is the server that dies! If you move to LJ (or stay on LJ), and if you are right it dies, they will open transfers to RF. No problem.

But if in 2.5 to 3 years RF dies and has progressed BEYOND LJ (which it will), yet LJ still has a healthy population that is in no hurry to progress the server (it won't be because it is full of casuals), guess what happens to RF Players? STUCK!!! Unable to transfer to LJ because it is behind, and unable to progress the servers because not enough players.

Regardless, I'm sure LJ will be plenty healthy through PoP, and I won't be here after that anyway.

I just want that window of time from launch -> PoP to be as long as possible...

6 months of Classic is fine by me. 14 character slots, 14 classes, and I only play 14 hours a week on average. Do the math. ;-)

The more time the better...