Ragefire/Lockjaw Guild Options

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gumby, May 8, 2018.

1. Gumby Augur

I had left the game during Omens and came back during SoD, so it seems like the perfect time to hop onto one of these servers.

Thinking of rolling a Bard for the upcoming expansions, so which server still has the better options for raiding on these 2 servers?

From what I've read Ragefire has the higher population, but really that doesn't matter much if there aren't really any guild options.

Assuming I'll have to do something like 2 or 3 box to level up, especially with a Bard, but level 70 shouldn't be too hard to accomplish quickily.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Figure out your raid schedule first, then find a guild that matches. Will also mention that phinny is going to open TSS on the 23rd, good time to ride that 1-75 leveling bubble. Over 8 guilds that have finished PoR in era. Different raid guilds cover most days of the week.
  3. Ryak Augur

I guess that 13 is technically over 8, but just saying 13 guilds is probably clearer :)
  4. Grebhiker Lorekeeper

Lockjaw has a healthy group of guilds.

Faceless Insanity raids like 5 days a week and is the hardcore guild of the server.
    Dead Halfling Society, Damage and Midnight Phyre raid about 3 days a week on various schedules.

DHS raids Mon, Wed and Thurs from 6-9 Pacific. We are main focused with few if any boxes in raids. Bards are highly welcomed. Send a tell to Gremin or Boffin with questions and check out the website at deadhalflingsociety.com
  5. Meddical Emergency Journeyman

There are several raid guild options on Ragefire as well, and all are working OOW content. Darkwind raids on a Euro schedule, and on Eastern time schedules you have False Prophecy, Cor Tempus, and Solusek's Lotus.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I thought it was 13, but I didn't want to get red penned.
  7. yukan Augur

Ragefire is the bigger server of the 2, but not by much, maybe 50% bigger. Besides, it really doesn't matter what server you play on, it matters what guild you join. Once servers are established most people don't group outside guild much anyway.

Cor Tempus is one of, if not the biggest guild on any TLP server and is located on Ragefire. Lots of new people tell us they like the convenience of boxing in groups, but don't like to box on raids. We have tons of people who fall into that category and choose to join us as a result. We split raid just about everything we do, and last nights raid had about 90 actual people show up, with 10 slots filled by boxes (clerics and bards).

The reason we've grown so much is we have a strong emphasis on the value of real people over boxes and we don't leave people behind. If people are struggling to get a group, struggling to get help with an epic fight, whatever it is, we make sure someone helps. Our leadership team has lots of experience on how to navigate through past TLPs and we are here for the long haul. We defeat new content very quickly, but not to the point that it will make the game more than what is really is...a game.

And naturally, the biggest advantage to a big guild is much better group availability. Granted it's week 2 of OoW, but we have Anguish aug runs, epic fight nights and multiple groups going on during every off night. There's always something going on.

Depending what type of gaming you're interested in, there is an appropriate guild on Ragefire. There are guilds who enjoy boxing during raids, there are guilds who are smaller, more tight knit crews. Awakened Legends and Solusek Lotus are guilds I would recommend looking into if you want the smaller, tight knit crew type of guild. Look into Darkwind if you raid during Euro hours.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  8. Adonhiram Augur

Darkwind raids from 7 PM to 11:30 PM (23:30 in civilized language :D) central european time (Paris, Berlin). We have 3-4 variable raid days per week, trying to avoid the Saturday if possible to preserve social and family life. With the launch of OoW, the non-official raid evenings are turning often into epic raids for 1.5 and 2.0, making people happy. You can find more infos at www.darkwind-gaming.com and we also have a YouTube channel.
  9. Gumby Augur

Thanks for all the replies. It definitely seems like the guild structures are about even between the two servers. I wound up picking Lockjaw for a couple of reasons.

As a previous poster said, most people now group within guild instead of random LFG, so the bit higher Ragefire population doens't matter much with the guilds seemingly being about the same amount of options.

Also, IF Lockjaw fails I can always transfer to Ragefire, but IF Ragefire fails I cannot transfer to Lockjaw as it stands right now. So that's a plus for Lockjaw and makes Lockjaw the winner. Now to just level up and hop in a guild.
    Gremin likes this.