Ragefire/Live Player Guild/Raiding Conundrum

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Sheex, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

So like some other live players, I've been poking around on TLP (Ragefire) for a change of pace, for lack of anything else to do on live, for nostalgia, to play a new class or two, etc.etc.etc. So far been doing this with a couple of guildmates from live, with each of us having various playtimes and styles. However, that setup also means no raiding and a very very quiet /gu (we made a little guild there with a dozen of us or so), and the Kunark release really reminded me of that.

Am foremost a live player and that will always come first, but I'm wondering what others in a similar situation are doing in terms of joining a guild and/or raiding on TLP, because it's a pretty lonely game without one, especially in the evenings (am on the Best coast and play late).

Curious if anyone else is in this situation and how you've approached it. Wouldn't really feel comfortable trying to join a guild and telling them from the get go that live always comes first, but it'd also be nice to raid a little bit here and there and have a gu with stuff going on.

Any guilds recruiting folks like me, or any players had a similar experience with some insight? In the past I'd have looked for some kind of alliance or something, but would think that's not very friendly with the rotation scene.

Been playing a Paladin (ha!), Wizard, Bard and Necro thus far and on pretty much every day because I'm an addict and have a problem~

TL;DR - any RF guilds looking for a part time raider?
    Silv likes this.
  2. Crystilla Augur

My husband and I are on Ragefire but aren't 50+ (only mid 30's) so we're not into the raiding scene - yet/at all currently.

Just hanging out and going back to old favorite spots or new spots we never exp'd at before has kept us with a good time.

Send a /hug to Crysti if you see her on :)
    Sheex likes this.
  3. Laryn New Member

I'm much the same way. It's not that I don't have the time to join one of the "big" raiding guilds that are already established in the rotation, it's that I don't want to be required to use TS/Skype any other voice related communication when I play. Wenan and myself have remained un-guilded primarily for this reason alone. It gets lonely from time to time with no /gu chat, but we'd rather have no /gu then a constant 2-4ish+ hour talk-fest in our ear as we try and play what is supposed to be a short stint away from reality.

The skill level goes down the less concentration I'm giving to the game and more I'm giving to the people talking in the chat channels (TS/Skype). I have always yearned to play the original content/Kunark content etc as I didn't start until LoY, but I've resigned myself to being a casual player without seeing the "end games" while in era because of certain circumstances.

Rotation aside, which believe me I'm not a fan of the idea nor do I care for "Guide/GM intervention" when it's always been a 'play your way, not our way' mentality; external chat interventions aside, it's the "kill kill kill, or be a filthy casual" that has turned me away from even wanting to interfere with the mage walls and petty arguments that ensue from such behaviors. I'd rather be a filthy casual then have a reputation places on my name just for a guild-tag that I wear to maybe be able to see end game.

/hug Crysti
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. Crystilla Augur

/hugs Atari

Sounds like you're a perfect candidate for the guild hubby and I created for ourselves "Casual Living" :)
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Well - I really wouldn't call myself casual by most EQ definitions of the word so don't get me wrong there. Mainly curious if any other live players are in the same situation (wanting a guild and/or to raid on TLP), but keeping live as first priority, and what they've done (short of anonymously applying to a guild, I wouldn't feel right about that) or what guilds might be accepting of folks in this situation.

My toons are mostly planar geared and I know my rear end from a hole in the ground EQ wise, and am on every day especially in the evenings 7pm-1am PDT) with free time quite often.
    Silv likes this.
  6. Iila Augur

Just let them know that you're busy on the days your real guild raids? And will be busy when the expansion launches?
    Silv likes this.
  7. Silv Augur

If someone sane from Live was starting their own part time raid guild or w/e I'd actually roll on the TLP servers BUT given the state of raiding, I doubt such a guild could be successful. I have two achievements left to finish Hero's Journey so I'm about to hit a huge wall of boredom I think... really been trying to resist TLP but it's sucking me in.

Let me know if you find anything worthwhile... may follow in your footsteps :p
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Yeah it just seemed a little douchey to apply somewhere and basically tell a guild if anything at all is happening on live, that's where I'll be.

Was hoping a guild or players in similar situations might chime in with their experience and or (rational) thoughts. The bot guilds really wouldn't need me, given I play no more than 2 accounts at a time, and the more hardcore folks are going to want attendance that I'm unlikely to be able to attain. Wouldn't even mind bat phoning really, but working full time + live + life doesn't leave a lot of room.
  9. Crystilla Augur

The funny thing is, I bet a decent # of the folks on the TLP's are from raiding guilds on live servers in your situation; they just haven't shared that fact with the leadership.
    Silv and Sheex like this.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Yep - I just think it's kinda a crappy move to do that. I could anonymously app to a guild but would rather be up front about it.
    Silv and Crystilla like this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

So far it's pretty much *tumbleweeds* sorry to say. I really thought there might be some mid tier rotation type guilds recruiting, but maybe the Live tag is enough to scare off interest...
  12. Silv Augur

People are probably afraid of 'too much logic' from a player that is mainly on Live. :D

ps. That is disappointing :/ That's why it'd be cool to have a TLP guild made up just of "Live" players IMO. Maybe once we get to instanced content it can happen!
  13. Crystilla Augur

If your 'live' guild had static raid days (instead of rotating) it should be easy to get in a TLP guild I'd think. Just pick one and be honest to say you can only play xx days.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I would think Live playing experience would be a good thing in some ways; a lot of TLP players lack some pretty simple game mechanic knowledge...can't tell you how many times I've had to explain to someone how to use the parcel system, for example.

And yeah, hoped there might be interest, but doesn't look like it so far.

It does - we're pretty consistent with our schedule, though it shuffles around from time to time.
  15. Silv Augur

Am I wrong or does mandated rotation really cause most of the problems with having fixed day, priority Live raiding days and doing part time TLP raiding? I honestly don't know all the details of the rotation but since it's variable that seems like the obstacle since you never know exactly when you'd be called on?

And I'd agree, people should appreciate "Live" knowledge but ya know, people. :p

Keep us updated if you find something worthwhile please!