ragefire is a joke

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nakoda, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Nakoda Lorekeeper

If you don't box you don't have a way to get a group.Its really kind of sad really takes away from the social aspect of the game. I been playing on Agnaar because was the newest server out there but sucks that it ends at PoP era so i rolled a toon on Ragefire thinking that it would be a good back up plan for off raid nights on my Agnaar main and when PoP is done I would have else where to play. Man how wrong I was,You can't find a group to save your life on Ragefire at first I was like ok its because most are not playing due to them waiting for GoD to come out and it would get better..... nope did not same old thing its so sad to see a game that I love come to this and you can't even have a social aspect anymore, more or less you have to box to do anything. Agnaar server would be awesome if it was not PoP locked sucks that it is I really hope they make a new server that keeps people from boxing like on Ragefire. People of Ragefire are super helpful and nice when they talk thats the sad part but 90% of the time they cant talk because they have 6 screens running at a time really kind of sad.
  2. Mwapo Augur

It honestly has to do more with the fact that there are maybe like 6 real people still playing on ragefire. Everything else is boxes and bots.

The vast majority of the TLP population is on Phinny and Agnarr. Ragefire/Lockjaw are servers with too much exp for too long of unlock timers, so no one needs to group for more than a couple days basically. This leaves you with a top heavy server population with very few people. And the few people that are there are there because they want to box.

I'm not sure what your goal in posting this is. But go play on Phinny if you want something to do during your downtime on Agnarr.
  3. Turinbar Augur

It is def tough for a single account player on Ragefire, however I see low lvl group adverts throughout the night. Usually a Plevel boxer looking to fill slots. Be on the lookout, also join a guild. It will be slower, that can't be denied but you will eventually get to where you can do current content, will take some time and there will be times you have to solo. Try to make friends and see if you can group with someone regularly who is online. Phinny is good but progresses too fast imo.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  4. Machentoo Augur

If only there were a server with the same boxing limitations as Agnarr, but which didn't stop at PoP...
    Kattria Minx, HappyPanda and snailish like this.
  5. snailish Augur

Nakoda... try Phinny.

Ragefire & Lockjaw have unlimited boxing, long unlocks with medium XP (versus live rate), voting and had their population poached by Phinny being launched while they were young. It's a bit of a weird combo (slow xp with long unlocks many would argue makes more sense for example)

Ragefire & Lockjaw should have appeal to those that like to solo (or box) as a casual dabbler, or are willing to do so to level up to the raiding population. Joining one of those raid guilds (if they will take you) likely speeds up the leveling process.

If you are not interested in joining one of the raid guilds on those servers you'd best like to solo (or box) as a casual dabbler.

Lower level population exists on Phinny (and Agnarr) but it is not where the bulk of mains are playing. Guild up and/or be willing to form groups is the best remedy to that. For leveling, being a tank likely has the most appeal to groups followed by a healer. For apping to a raid guild, you are more likely needed as a healer (guilds don't replace their main tanks that often). Play an over-popular dps class and you really have to form the groups and/or have a pack of friends as relying on pick-up groups will be slow.

Comes down to what you realistically like to do with your playtime.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  6. FluttyMan Elder

I quit ragefire a year ago, I joined on day one I was alt tab boxing and in a guild so it was easy to level up.
    If anyone remembers the first days of that server it was one guy boxing 6 mages lvl 45 killing every boss in the game and selling loot rights for krono.

What a joke...

Start a tank or a healer on Phinny, you will struggle finding groups, but you will accualy find some as opposed to Ragefire. Problem with Phinny is that some people insist on boxing on 3 or 4 computers and are at it, avoid grouping with those people they will only slow you down.
  7. Semah Augur

The vast majority of players I know on Ragefire do not 6+-box. A lot of us 2-box, but prefer 1-boxing and are happy to drop boxes for people. My guild doesn't use boxes heavily to raid; I don't think anybody was 2-boxing during our GoD raid last night at all. Sadly, folks who left for Phinny only experienced the early wild-wild-west days of toxic box armies, most of whom have left Ragefire for greener pastures.

OP: have you considered joining a guild? Many guilds are happy to help folks level up. I myself have spent a lot of time getting people to 50+ for max level XP groups. Ragefire has real community, and I am sorry that you didn't get a chance to experience it before reaching this level of frustration.

It's worth noting that Ragefire's unlocks are 3 months now, rather than 6.
  8. Nakoda Lorekeeper

@semah what guild are you in? I play later at night like after 8pm MST tell about 2 to 3 am. I love playing on this server it right where i want to be at content wise when not playing My main. I agree 100% the community is amazing on the server everyone I have been able to talk too have been very helpful, problem is that just seems like everyone is too busy flying solo most of the time.
  9. Semah Augur

Kattria Minx and Nolrog like this.
  10. Gremin Augur

If you are going to post at least have the facts people. RF and LJ both are in God which is already been beat. We are on 3 month unlocks. We have the same population as most live servers with 4 to 5 raid guilds on each server with different flavors for each type of player.
  11. Golgoret Lorekeeper

Hey I like Ragefire :p

I personally have very few issues with members of other guilds, there's always a good population on, raid guilds clear content in a reasonable way with minimal interference with each other, and thankfully there is only one 25-boxing camp stealer who griefs everyone else in plane of fire :p

It's a good server!
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  12. yukan Augur

There are a lot of people that box 6 on Ragefire, but way more people who don't. If you're struggling to get a group, it's probably not because everyone boxes, but because you're not in a guild. I believe every single guild on Ragefire will recruit people who are leveling up, and in my experience, if you show you're willing to put in some time to play and level, people will help you out by grouping with you. The grind to 65 will be tough, but again, if you're in a guild and showing progress, people will help.

Phinny is about to enter DODH and has just under 2 month unlocks. Ragefire has 3.5 month unlocks assuming the expansion is beaten in the first vote cycle (the next several definitely will be). For people just rolling on a new server that don't want to be locked into PoP, Ragefire or Lockjaw both have tons of options to choose from. We also have better experience than Phinny does.

While Phinny was more appealing in its inception due to instanced content for the non instanced expansions, but I think that Ragefire is the better server for new players now.
  13. 22wplkj Lorekeeper

From what I have read people complained about true box mage armies even on Agnar. I wouldn't do it but it would be interesting to see a picture of how they set all those computers up in their home.

Some of us quit old EQ due to its many flaws and never looked back until 10 or more years later. Looking for group is one of those game problem flaws that boxing fixes if it suits your play style. I won't go back to LFG, no thanks.

As others have said Daybreak made 2 servers that you can only true box on. Phinny and Ag should suit your play style.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  14. Raltar Augur

Here's a hint: Truebox code doesn't prevent you from playing multiple instances on the same computer if you use certain software.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Find this guy and ban him, please.
  16. Zinth Augur

= phinny... doh!
  17. Kloven Elder

Ragefire still has a number of guild options. Awakened Legends is still working on PoP, helping folks start to scratch the surface of GoD. We have a number of folks who play under level 50, but many are alts they play when want a break. If you join us on vent though I warn you its adult content.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  18. Incineration New Member

I like Ragefire. It's cozy. It's mostly for raiders, but the group scene exists. At low levels, your best option is to grind/powerlevel/2box/level with a guild. Isn't that true on any TLP that's been around a while?

Yes, there are six boxers, and some are obviously using software. They don't ever bother me, unless you count being at a camp that you want as a "bother".

Been playing Ragefire for a year, never witnessed box armies or griefing or trains. I have accidentally caused more bad trains due to carelessness (like three) than I've been a victim of (like one, which didn't seem intentional).
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  19. Dilf Augur

Ragefire is the most chill experience to be had nowadays. The people who think there are 6 people left on the server are beyond clueless. The days of the mage armies are over - those people are on Phinigel now. There is no reason to be pigeon-holed into Phinigel or Agnarr unless you can't live without AoC's.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  20. trollivesmatter Journeyman

@OP
    I'm not sure what the point is here. There are several TLP's, sounds like you were a little late rolling onto one so you just chose Agnarr, even though you plan to quit when it locks. Then you chose RF to roll another toon to play in your downtime. RF is a couple years old now, and has been a 'box' server from the get go. And you're here moaning about that?
    Why didn't you roll a toon on Phinny if boxing bothers you so much? Seems to me you are a very poor decision maker bud. What did you expect to find on a TLP that's box friendly, no boxers?
    There are groups to be had. There are also some times of day that are busier than others. I've seen people in gen chat before, at 2am pdt ( the middle of the night for most of the server ), moaning about no groups around.... hmmm I wonder why?
    There are plenty of people who enjoy the boxing gameplay. Just because it's not your bag doesn't mean nobody else enjoys it. I box, with other people and we have plenty of social interaction while we play, I also have plenty of friends that I chat with regularly outside of that group. Maybe it's not the server that is the problem? There are other options, why you chose the one that seems to be the least suited to your preferences is anyone's guess.
    Kattria Minx likes this.