Fixed Internally Ragefire Fableds Bugged

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Fred_Bear, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Korthos New Member

Even at this point in SoF, fabled pet weapons aren't OP. No single event requires spamming pets. All guilds (well, except one!) has killed Kerafyrm. Crystallos and MMM weapons far outperform the pet weapons. So, aside of casuals, I'm unsure how they might be considered OP?

I'd like to see them be added or whatever, because it would give me something to do. Otherwise there is 110% nothing to do this fabled season, that isn't being permacamped by a couple of big box people.
  2. Horace New Member

Raid weapons from 2 expansions back have better ratios. How are these group tier weapons overpowered at all? If you mean for people who only do group content, who cares? Nobody is tuning content for them, anyway. No offense to those people, those are just the facts.
  3. Adonhiram Augur

Ragefire, but we found 2 fabled (DXXT and DXVT) right before the patch.
    Prathun likes this.
  4. Prathun Developer

Looked into this, and I was surprised to learn that the fabled anniversary scripts don't connect to the TLP wiki and parse the page for info, and then convert that into logic to govern how where and when NPCs will fable. :rolleyes:
  5. Boze TLP complaint factory

Fabled beast pet weapon (41/18?) parsed just about evenly with a Citadel of the Worldslayer H2H wep (66/20) for me on Phinny. It gains another short second life when you get the Bloodlust AA. With that running you can ramp up some crazy pet damage, and can beat out at least one HoT T4 wep (90/18!) in the right conditions.
    Mithra likes this.
  6. Horace New Member

Hilarious! Also, I rolled my eyes just as hard to your responses on the recent AMA re: FV ruleset TLP's and why you think those are not a good idea. Keep up the good work!
    Prathun likes this.
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

The whole " Fableds" and MoTM tied to X expansion has been a laughable farce since these all began.

Things like PoP having MoTM until SoF is a joke. PoP raid content was being 1-2 grouped in TSS or earlier. I mean.. Tallon Zek was solo'd by a necromancer forcing a huge nerf to the class back in the day. (Hmm sounds a lot like Naggy and Vox...)

It is absurd that Fabled mobs are tied to a future expansion... Why? Because they only become active once per year. For TLP's, that means ~4 expansions roll out between each batch of fabled mobs.
    Unless the timing is lined up perfectly, most/all of the fabled content is ignored and out of date when it becomes available.

Fabled content should align with whatever content is open, sans the current, top content. Thus, if Luclin is open, Kunark and Original fabled should be a thing. Then, once GoD drops, all fabled are "available." Now.. I double GoD geared people can clear PoP fableds.. and the fabled gear still has REC/REQ level restrictions.. but at least you'll have the chance to get some of the items and hold onto them until the relevant level is available.

Either that, or launch fabled with each corresponding expansion. It's just ridiculous and short-sighted how this was implemented on TLP's.
  8. Prathun Developer

Honestly, it sounds like Horace just made up a convenient reason to roll his eyes that happens to fit some of the facts. :rolleyes:
    Duder likes this.
  9. Yulor Apprentice

10. Prathun Developer

This should be the list of 10th AV fabled PoP group NPCs:

The Diaku Armorer
    An Ancient Vekerchiki Champion
    Wild Fiery Spirit Steed
    Flame Wilder
    Jopal Tracker
    Obsidian Tree Spider Queen
    Captain of Fire
    Charmer of Fire