Ragefire expansion status

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Prathun, Oct 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zanador Elder

Sovaress, every server will have jerks on them. Phinigel has a high population, so while there may be more of those jerks, it does not mean there is a higher percentage of jerks than anywhere else.

Also: Just because someone says in general chat that they are from phinigel, does not mean they actually are. Could just as easily have been trolls.
  2. Banecrow Elder

Sorry you had a bad experience on Phinny, though tbh most a lot of people went to Phinny to get away from the boxing on Ragefire.

Also thank you for the time and effort of those guides, cannot say how many times they have helped me. After 17 years of playing this game I still need to look stuff up lol.
  3. AlmarsGuides Augur

I understand most people went to phinigel to escape boxers and I highly disagree with the whole anti boxer agenda most people have. Here's why: Ragefire the boxers could ruin your play experience and that's why most people hated them. That's where most of the boxer hatred came from, boxers were being total d bags and ruining peoples fun.

So, they made phinigel and implemented the true box limitations. People were upset about boxers ruining their play experience so they all went to this new server. So, now, when someone boxes on Phinigel they do exactly what they hated in the first place, try and purposely ruin that players playing experience because they play differently than they do.

I found that very prejudiced attitude towards boxers very unappealing and was shocked how widespread it was on that server. Those people essentially became the exact type of person they were trying to escape in the first place, which makes them no better than the boxers whom they were running from.

I say this on my website: I still stand by this and I wish more out there would too.... There's a lot of people who play this game, we all enjoy playing it different ways, together we all make up the world of Everquest. Treating people poorly because of the guild they are in, the class they play or which programs they use to box should always be unacceptable. At the end of the day, they're no different than you are, just a person on the other end of a screen and keyboard.

Thank you for the compliment as well for all my work, recently they have been far and few between since I am a boxer and most people know that now... I usually get harassed more than I am thanked =P
    Torezz likes this.
  4. Astley Augur

Keep in mind, those jerks are ones that started on Ragefire who moved for the larger server economy.

But they're a minority. The vast majority of Phinny is pretty stand-up, and griefers and such like that get reported quickly.
  5. bodes Augur

When you adopt and wear a guild tag you're stating that the attitudes and culture of that guild are your own. If that culture is one of cheating, exploiting, harassing, and immaturity then you are owning that by tagging up regardless of what you do as an individual. Treating someone based on the reputation of their guild tag is both perfectly acceptable and a normal to promote good attitudes on your server.
  6. AlmarsGuides Augur

So what you're saying is treating people poorly because of a group they belong to is ok? You realize what you're saying, right?

I'll agree with you that it's normal and in the world we live in, it actually is sometimes acceptable. However, is it morally right? No...

I really wanna try to get this point across to you on how absolutely stupid what you said is.

So, according to you, it should be ok to mistreat Americans because our culture is generally immature and we very commonly harass others because of said immaturity. After all, because we live in america, according to you, what we are saying is we're all immature. Look at the guy we got running for president right now, when/if he becomes president you're saying it's OK that his ideas/ideals/attitude/personality is "blanketed" to all americans.

Another example. Some Christians out there still subject their children/people to really abstract treatments to "expel demons" and, lets admit it, some religious people can take it to an extreme and be pretty much entirely crazy. What you're saying is it's ok to treat all Christians bad because of these few peoples actions. After all, they are apart of the same group and adopted that culture right?

An EQ example, you're saying it's ok to treat everyone on Phinigel badly because a few people on their server act immature. After all, you're a part of Phinigels culture by playing there, you adopted that server as your home. Therefore, it would be ok for me to assume anyone who plays on Phinigel is an immature kid who griefs other players for fun.

Where does it stop? What do you deem a culture or a group? Would it be ok to treat all black people badly because some of them are gangsters? You may say, well that's where I draw the line because you can't change your race. To which I will say, Michael Jackson?

These are just a few examples, you can really go on all day with something like this because every culture or group is going to have people who act like ding bats. It's called being prejudiced to treat them all badly because of how a few act. This is not and should never be considered acceptable behaviour.
  7. Banecrow Elder

Because a lot of the stuff is not lies. Look at LJ population for example. Quite frankly it sucks , dont believe me? then look at the server status info on the home page it is low. Ragefire while not as great as it once was is doing better than LJ and honestly seems to be doing better than most live servers. Phinny tops the charts though with population.

Phinny is not for everyone though, tbh if you prefer boxing many accounts then stay on your server. Right now though Phinny has all the advantages that allow casual guilds to get into the raiding mix and not be locked out of the content. For people who do not have the time to poopsock or play all the time this is amazing, it lets you experience content that you were not able to do before.
  8. Illusory Augur

Yay, the vote passed!

You and people with your play style know that Phinny was designed as a boxing light server - in other words, boxing 1 or 2 additionally accounts. I'm sure you went in to box an entire group by yourself - to play how you want, right? You did this on a server designed for social interactions, grouping, and less boxing. You did this knowing Phinny was made for folks to get away from players like you and expected those same people to show you love?

Come on man, be more realistic.
  9. RadarX Augur

As this content has unlocked we're going to go ahead and close this to avoid any confusion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.