Ragefire Beta Is LIVE - Preview the New Progression Server

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 7, 2015.

1. Maxe Augur

Pretty sure I have the original prima guides somewhere in my garage in tubs lol. They wouldn't do a huge amount of good other than basics these days though, things have changed far too much. I made a mage and until level 2 I was like "wow just how I remember it" dying to level 1 mobs. Then I summoned my first pet and sent it on 5 things. Didn't even put a dent in it's health. Regen rates are just too high, and damage output is insane. Mages will absolutely dominate this server :(
  2. Numiko Augur

Don't forget this one too, but it maybe a bit hard to read for some people :D

[IMG]
  3. TelinDarkforest Journeyman

Roshen, here's a good one:

[IMG]
    jagarr, Fallfyres and Roshen like this.
  4. Roshen Brand Manager

I edited the original post with this information:

guado likes this.
  5. Gwaine Journeyman

Roshen
    Is there a master link where we can see all fixes you have done?
  6. Roshen Brand Manager

Fallfyres likes this.
  7. Exblink182 New Member

@roshen have any idea why my beta doesn't work? Eqgame.exe has stopped working is the error I get and i've tried everything.
  8. Exblink182 New Member

Nevermind, got it working.
  9. Animosity Elder

Add higher % exp pots and race change pots to the marketplace please!

Darn no out of combat regen :(
  10. Rainbowdash Augur

This isn't really a bug(?) with Ragefire as much as with Ragefire's beta server. But you... may wanna look into /beta copies. Specifically beta copies with pets. And what happens, or rather doesn't happen, to said pet when copied over ;P

(spoiler) Rainbowdash copied over with a 103 pet still summoned and usable even though she correctly deleveled. (spoiler)

Also, since beta stones started dropping again, I'm assuming there may be a beta reward like with any expac's betas? Since this is prog server and nostalgia-y, and Dzarn's patch a couple months ago made such a thing possible, may I suggest Classic skeleton illusion? ;P Or Gnoll!!!
  11. nerdvsgeek New Member

I dunno Behee - both my wife and I resub'ed just to play on this server. I personally know a dozen people also doing this.
    We play P'99 as well, we don't like mercenaries, or other aspects of "modern EQ". They make the game trivial and easy.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  12. Roshen Brand Manager

We're aware that betacopy isn't perfect for this server. It would take quite a lot of time to fix/change, so we opted to leave it how it is. For reference, Aristo's post from the last FAQ ->

--

Beta reward is intended to just be something valuable just to player on the Ragefire server.

Spoiler warning: it's a bag
  13. Behee Augur

You would be an extreme minority. Nobody would pay for their 6 accounts they box with. There are NO perks to being All-Access on the progression servers.

If you are already paying then it has no value to you if they permit Free-to-Play, except to have the option to pay nothing. There wouldn't be any benefits to paying though, like on the live servers.
  14. Taeluuin Entariel Elder

Roshen, are you guys planning to open Ragefire up to f2p/silver accounts for the first two weeks to drum up interest like you did with Fippy?

(also, due to how people's paydays fall out differently, it means everyone who wants to gets to play from the start)

Also, kept seeing in game on beta that May 21 is planned live date for Ragefire, can you confirm or deny?
  15. giantofbabil Journeyman

How long is Ragefire expected to be in Beta?
  16. Mardy Augur

May 20th
  17. Merry Elder

On the topic of when the server will be released...
    I guess a good amount of people want to plan vacation at work for it and maybe need to give notice to their company a few weeks ahead of time.
    (After all most of us are grown ups with a job and life and need to plan accordingly to even parttake here properly so that it will be fun for us.)

I can understand that it's probably hard to say without knowing how much fixes and stuff will have to be done before Ragefire can go live but a rough estimation would help out here.
    (Not really keen to play russian roulette with my vacation times.)

If nothing else, since this May 21 rumor is going around now (have seen it in a few places by now and it apparently sprang up in beta server chat because a dev didn't refute someones comment...), could you take a stance upon that? Refute it, or say that there is actually a fair chance for this to happen as I recall reading in a official post "early June, maybe sooner" or something along those lines...
    jagarr likes this.
  18. Darth Augur

They're not going to give a specific date while beta is still ongoing. They don't want to announce a date and then find something massive that makes them miss the mark.

I assume after beta ends, you will get a launch date, I'd say a launch date will be given about a week after beta ends.
  19. Anavar New Member

Is the Beta server up or down right now?

I installed and patched fine but the client begins, then just disappears.

Meanwhile the regular client works fine.
  20. Mardy Augur

It's up, just tried it and logged in fine.