Ragefire Beta Is LIVE - Preview the New Progression Server

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 7, 2015.

1. Maxe Augur

Nope, guess I missed that one sentence below the installer link. Might want to put the whole COPY your eq folder thing first so nobody else has this issue. Might wanna make it in bold red letters too. No point in stressing your download servers.
  2. Maxe Augur

Also, I don't see myself ever using reddit or another outside media form to talk to devs unless it's a live chat on twitch. I'm not signed up for those sites and it's kind of silly to ask us to just to report issues.. Who the hell uses reddit anyway?
  3. Iila Augur

It has some thriving communities of really creepy and/or awful people.

For small companies/projects, it's a way to get a free message board setup with very little work. But for larger ones, especially ones that already have in-house hosted forums under their completely control, I have no idea why they would want to abandon their own forums to ones outside of their control.
  4. Mardy Augur

A lot of people.. and most importantly, games developers. SOE, now Daybreak, have pushed to use reddit for awhile now. Guild Wars 2, the game I play the most these days, also have devs that use reddit. ESO uses reddit heavily It's weird but it is what it is.

People can be stubborn about it, that's fine, you don't have to use it. But then don't get upset if what you post on this forum don't get viewed by the proper devs, or your concerns don't get heard. Especially given they specifically asked us to give beta feedback on 2 specific sites.
  5. Xiaoyu Journeyman

"Progression server beta is now live! This server will be available to all players regardless of membership until at least Wednesday, May 20, 2015, and we want YOUR feedback!"

Feedback

Make it part of f2p for all of us long time players who are tired of paying to win
  6. Mardy Augur

Good showing on the beta server so far, lots of players, people actually tried to test things such as getting people to flood into gfay so we could test instancing. And yup instancing works, and you can use /pickzone command to pick which instance you want to be in.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  7. Rynnay New Member

Why am I getting this when I click the EQ Beta Installer link found on page 1 of this forum?
    This page can’t be displayed
    • Make sure the web address http://launch.soe.com is correct.
    • Look for the page with your search engine.
    • Refresh the page in a few minutes.

Any help would be appreciated.
  8. Ducreux Augur

Try http://launch.soe.com/installer/EQ_Beta_setup.exe , worked for me using it just now. Maybe try a diff browser if you still have issues.
  9. tobbios New Member

I just logged into a non beta server and zoned into Erudin. there are many NPCs that have been changed to pre luclin models. not sure if its a bug or if anyone else on live servers has noticed this.
  10. Fallfyres Augur

--------------------
    Rhynno I did not put this beta stuff in a separate file, I downloaded it last night...when I got up today there was a desktop launcher/separate one from my live one there. This afternoon when they announced the Beta was up, I just clicked it/run as administrator and it came right up for me np.

Gl! Was so fun running about in the newbster areas seeing dozens and dozens of players and hearing / seeing people interact and josh around ^-^! Thanks DB.
  11. Asiema Elder

So...I had posted about an issue getting the shorter install patch...figured it out so I edited for lack of initial intelligence.. ;)

See you all in game!
  12. Kelno New Member

The subreddit is clearly for *discussion* of the Beta, and is third-party. The bug tracker (where you should actually report bugs) is clearly not third-party, and is an industry standard tool for tracking, categorizing, and dealing with bugs in software.

I'm really not sure why you are upset here.
  13. TelinDarkforest Journeyman

That screenshot confuses me! How could a low level be fighting a dragon? lol
  14. Behee Augur

Not a chance of that. Why would anyone pay?! There are no AA's, so the FTP AA cap doesn't apply. No mercs, so being limited to apprentice doesn't apply ... the list goes on.

NOBODY would pay.
  15. Kelno New Member

I love how the server has only been up for a couple of hours, and someone already stole my name. ><
  16. Riou EQResource

Daybreak doesn't own it, nor do they pay for it, therefore it can only be 3rd party.
    Barton likes this.
  17. Fendy Augur

The bug tracker IS 3rd party. It is run by volunteer players of DB games. The bottom of the site reads: "This is a community site and is not affiliated with Daybreak Games"
  18. Kelno New Member

Didn't catch that. I didn't expect a fan site to throw up Jira, tbh.
  19. Yuudai New Member

How would I use the new models?
  20. Rorce Augur

Daybreak Games owns neither Reddit nor the bug tracker thing. Therefore BOTH are third party websites. Why should I have to register for a third party site to report bugs for a game developed by Daybreak Games when Daybreak Games owns and operates their very own forums here, which seem to work pretty well for bug reporting. Every patch, be it Test or Live gets it's own bugs thread, where the players post and report bugs.

And I'm not upset, I'm not really sure why you think that. I'm just very confused as to why we wouldn't post bugs related to EverQuest on the...EverQuest forums.

And a warning for those who do wander off to use the bug tracker thing, DON'T USE YOUR DBG LOGIN/PASSWORD THERE!