Rage of the Forsaken Is Broken

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Triconix, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Triconix Augur

I am not getting the 5,000 direct aggro on the mobs. It seems that it is instead hitting me, even when I have a mob targeted. I tested this by simply aggro a mob on another char, hit rage on the mob with the war and I didn't even get on the aggro. My fast regen was still going.
  2. Repthor Augur

thats cool
  3. Thetank New Member

Warriors just got the biggest nerf ever for the warrior class. I just came back to game a month ago and the sole reason i bought the expansion on two accounts and subscriptions was because of this AA, now its nerfed and much more to go with it. I just want my $100 back.
  4. Zentara Augur

You sound even worse than the mages complaining--and most of them seem to have taken nerf complaining to a new level without any real justification other than "I wanna be god mode!"

I can keep aggro from two wiz mercs on burn full time (even during pulls), and of an entire raid without even clicking Rage of the Forsaken. Yes, it takes some work, and yes, Rage before the fix (it's not a nerf, it's a fix to a blatant mistake) was super-easy-aggro mode, but even with the broken portion that Tri mentions, it's still an extremely useful disc to add to our aggro tool suite.

Once it's fixed, it will be perfectly useful and a great addition to the class.
  5. Thetank New Member

I call BS. Unless LOV has extremely bad DPS. SK, pally, Ranger can all take aggro at will from a warrior, and for grouping I don't count tanking with mercs on burn and TOT bouncing from me to a merc holding aggro fine and i doubt you can keep that from happening. Unless you burn all your aggro discs its just a matter of time before someone takes it. This disc made warriors useful all the time, but yet they still couldn't solo like a SK or Pally so there was no real class imbalance. Reuse change to two minutes from one, and changes to Blast of Anger = Nerf.
  6. Zentara Augur

We're not top tier by any means, but can kick out 1.4-1.5 mill dps during short all out burns...I wouldn't call that extremely bad dps.

So you're telling us that before this AA came into the game in June, you weren't able to keep aggro off of any of the classes you listed? Do you do anything besides taunt? Personally, when taking control I use Ageless Enmity, Warlord's Fury, Warrior's Auspice and Rage of Rallos while Fortitude is up, and then after Last Stand is on I spam Krondar's Roar and Roar of Challenge as they pop (part of my tankspam multi-bind), and feed in a few Blasts of Anger if someone starts creeping up the hate meter--have never had a problem with aggro since I started tanking 6 months ago for my raid (used to be a monk until we needed another MT).

During most of our raids I never used Rage of the Forsaken at all (Rune proc on weapon, Prayer Shawl aug procs grabbed aggro from every off tank in the raid), and I'm confident that most raid MT's didn't for the very same reason (barring single mob fights where it was fine)...there have even been posts about it.

Tonight during Grelleth I had one SK once get to 98%--but that was through spamming his instant cast hate spells the entire fight (trigger happy I guess). One FD and he was back down to normal ranges. Grelleth is obviously a bad example since the MT is on her the entire time while dps is on and off, but our other MT's had no issue at all either in BG 1.

As to the group game, two wizzie mercs that unload (on burn) are the hardest to control aggro wise of anything I've played with personally in my group since they have no mercy (or patience!). My normal grouping partner is an excellent zerker (243k dps single target burn personal record), and while he's hard to keep above if I don't stay on top of things, Ridicule, Krondal's Roar, Roar of Challenge, Stormwheel Blades and a Blast of Anger keeps it pretty trivial.
  7. Augok Lorekeeper

Just to further this.. Unless pallies/clerics playing silly (DAing tanks or doing deagro stuff on warrior) There's no issues keeping agro on any CoTF raid.. Without using rage of the forsaken if you know how to agro full burn doesn't get above 30% (Pets and Taunts excepted). Sks etc are generally not doing agro stuff.. but even if you know how you can shut that down pretty fast.
  8. Daegun Augur

Uhhh ... how about no.
  9. Triconix Augur

Can we stop bickering? All I want is this AA to be fixed. I'm starting to doubt that even the aggro mod portion is working. I'm seeing no difference in aggro with and without it. I'm getting tired of gaining an ability - broken or not - having it get "fixed" and then it becomes even more broken and useless than ever. First NTTB (yet still has its perks), now rage, except rage is almost completely useless.
  10. Zentara Augur

I just tested it on a test dummy, and here's what I saw in the logs:

From raidloot.com, here's the two spell effects involved:
    Rage of the Forsaken
    [41089] Rage of the Forsaken
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Hate Generated by 165%
    2: Cast: Rage of the Forsaken
    Text: You swell up with rage!
    Increases aggro generation from your combat abilities for up to %z.
    [41090] Rage of the Forsaken
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s
    Hate: 5000
    1: Increase Hate by 5000
    Text: You are enraged.

Triconix is absolutely right--the direct hate spell cast by using the disc for 5000 initial rage is landing on the tank, not the target ("You are enraged").
    I do see the short buff window buff "Rage of the Forsaken" which, when clicked, shows the proper description regarding increasing aggro generation, but cannot tell directly if it's having any effect.
  11. Brosa Augur

Ok its broken. I rarely used this ability anyway. We will be fine. Trust me this is far from the biggest nerf that our class has ever seen. Take a deeeep breath it will be ok.
    Marshall Maathers likes this.
  12. Marshall Maathers Augur

I have clicked the ability once, to test it when it first came out, then promptly forgot it existed. I can't see where or when I would need it.
  13. Triconix Augur

And your point? If nothing productive, why bother posting. And if you didn't use it while you had the chance, your loss. I used this to tank hordes of mobs with mercs on AE burn. It was wondrous how easy life was, but I knew it was broken. Now I just want it fixed cause warlords fury is junk and this will be a nice replacement/addition on top of it.

If the aggro attachment worked, its an endurance free hate. Where would you not use it? Seems silly to disregard free aggro. Do you disregard clicking your CoA Bp? Its only free mitigation.
    Seldom likes this.
  14. Marshall Maathers Augur

Well, I think I made clear my stance on the "biggest nerf ever to the warrior class".

Also, the comparison to mitigation is moot, as there is a point when you have enough aggro, and you can never have enough mitigation.

I am hoping you are not trying to make the point that we have been hurting for aggro recently.
  15. Repthor Augur

its only use was for AE aggro in group content cuz it made tanking 20 mobs possible when zerkers and rogs where AE burnign and u never had to worries or cycle thru or even bother careing what target u where hitting. that was its application b4 . now its just another free 165% aggro tool witch is still massive but u can use it in raids now without killing yourself. and its still great for grouping and Ae aggro just not op as bananas. im glad they fixed it. wile the 5k aggro on trigger whould be nice i dont really see it at somethign hotfixble priority wise. 5k and is 5k sure but nothing game breaking on a 2 minute cooldown
    Marshall Maathers likes this.
  16. Triconix Augur

Where did I say we are hurting for aggro? But this ability if working right is beyond useful. It would indirectly allow us to use less endurance, gives another aggro tool since we all know ours have recast up the whazoo, and allows us to open up a weapon slot for different augs because we won't be as reliant on rune ae aggro (not that I use those now, but for those who do). There are probably dozens of more uses that I can think of given some time. If you didn't or will continue not to take advantage of rage, again I'll say your loss for not maximizing your class. There is never such thing as enough aggro, much like mitigation, except I can argue there becomes a point where mitigation becomes nil if you have no way of replenishing lost hp. You would just bleed chips until you're bankrupt.

However, the two minute reuse nerf somewhat hurt this ability and it was dumb to change that. I hope Elidroth plans on making hastened AA's next expansion or something as this could be one if my main abilities, pending it working in the future.
  17. oklookatme Journeyman

If it's broken or not working as intended it should be fixed. I don't give a flying fairy penguin that you used the AA once and didn't like it, that is not the point. You're welcome.
    Brosa and Tual like this.
  18. Triconix Augur

Just tested the "aggro modifier" on Rage and it's completely broken. I was getting no aggro increase whatsoever. I simply had a friend war use the same exact aggro thing as I, except I had rage running and I certainly wasn't a 165% increase over him. Actually, I was equal to just under him in aggro.

Would love to have a dev reply on this in the near future.
  19. Thetank New Member

Sorry, I was mostly talking about for the group game ( as that is all I have time for currently) I was able to keep aggro with this disc chain pulling and having ranger and mercs chain burn. Now there is not a chance of keeping aggro... Yes on a raid we have plenty of tools to take aggro and hold it on one target, but once you are killing 4-6 things in 2 minutes you run out of those tools and no longer have the ability other classes have.
  20. Wiji Elder

Rage was hilariously broken with Runes and/or Wade into battle. It was almost useless for raiding because of snapping everything onto you that you didn't really want. Now if it's completely useless that sucks. It is a cool ability hopefully it can become usable again in our repertoire.