Race Change Scroll Question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Sanduleak, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Sanduleak Journeyman

Hi all,

I haven't really played much EQ in 15 years, so a lot of the Daybreak cash/marketplace stuff is entirely new to me. So I have a question about how the scroll works.

If I used a race change scroll on an old character that was created way back then, say changing a half-elf to a wood elf:

a. Does the character's original creation date/birth date (e.g,. September 7th, 2006) change?
    b. Does the character's "origin" location default to Crescent Reach or whatever?

Currently the origin point is Surefall, as it's a Karana half-elf. But I was going to change it to a Tunare wood elf, to save some time leveling/developing the character. (Note: I understand that in modern EQ, the religion and even race matters very little if you make it to the end game. This is more of a 'me' thing.)
  2. bard007 Augur

a. Does the character's original creation date/birth date (e.g,. September 7th, 2006) change? This doesn't change.
    b. Does the character's "origin" location default to Crescent Reach or whatever? This changes, if you are GOLD, you will default to the starting city of the race, if you are silver you will default to Crescent Reach.

Also consider, all your quests are wiped, but if you returning no worries there.

Hope this helps,
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would not do it.

There have been issues in the past with it and one of them is the returning accounts are made Silver which is nice but at that time there was also a bug that reset some of those accounts to starting city of Crescent Reach. No way to correct it now. So even if your character is not Crescent Reach now, doing the scroll could change it.

Since a race change scroll is $25 then why not drop in the extra $10 and buy a 85 Heroic for $35? That way your immediately level 85 so not as much catching up as on your old character and you can make it what you want.

Although I would make sure my account was All Access if the starting city bothers you. All Access is the only way to chose your starting city. Other wise they all default to Cresent Reach now. Which is not really a bad thing unless your into the lore side of it. So your starting city would be Kelethin.

And it does say on the help section:
    "To use your race change whenever you're ready, you can simply click your scroll to open the window (or if you already clicked your scroll but closed the window without changing your race, you can re-open this window by typing /racechange), then click on the new race you'd like and select the Deity and Starting city you'd like, and click the "Submit Race" button in the lower right corner."

If you trust it. ;)
    Sanduleak and Rijacki like this.
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Unless there are No Trade items that aren't Heirloom that you have on your half-elf, I agree with CatsPaw, the 'safer' route would be to get a 85 Heroic on an All Access account to start a new character in the city of your choice.
    Sanduleak and CatsPaws like this.
  5. Sanduleak Journeyman

Yeah, in that answer ("... and select the Deity and Starting city you'd like,") I didn't know if that meant it reset your bind point or your Origin point.

But basically the only reason why I was considering this in the first place is because the character is so old, and it would be kind of cool to have a character from back then that I'd still play. Instead of rolling a character born, say, 3-24-2023.
  6. Sanduleak Journeyman

The age of the character (a start date that old!) would just be cool to still have. Sort of a more meaningful connection to some old memories, and so on.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, I can understand that, about the age of the character.

On the other hand if you made the new one on the same account then you would keep the age of the Account (plus all those loyalty points your earning every week) or if you put the new guy on a new account then you could play them together.
    Rijacki likes this.
  8. Iven Antonius Bayle

Race change for an old character is a sin. Just make a new one if you do not like the race and keep the old one for nostalgia. Changing the race just for origin is not worth it. There are many port clickies today like the currently available Drunkar's Stein.
  9. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

But you can have both! I still have my original character from FV and have even played her a little here and there again. But, I also have new characters that I play and enjoy.
  10. Sanduleak Journeyman

Why is it a sin? :D
  11. Sanduleak Journeyman

Honestly I have an even older character, but it's on a different account and server. Like -- I have my original account from 1999, and then a second account from the mid-2000s around the time the first Progression servers were released. I went through the whole combination process with Daybreak's support and account system, but I don't really like the original username for my 1999 account. And that account has a character from 2000 on it. This particular character is from the second account, but it's the only old character I have on that account.

Anyway, that's probably too much information here. I just wanted to play an original character again. I can probably just keep the really old character on the first account, and then roll a fresh one on this account but the same server, and dual box or something.
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. Iven Antonius Bayle

Because the etymologic derivation of sin is separation.