Race and Class Combo Clash Winner Revealed!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinestra Augur

Well at least that will keep them busy for a few months.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Had Dark Elf Ranger went head to head with Iksar Berserker, you would not have the kind of consolidated voting alliance between irked traditionalists (IK Berserker) and a split non-traditional crowd (DE Ranger/WE Beastlord). In the alternative (DE Ranger v. IK Berserker), the non-traditional, more exciting crowd would have united for Dark Elf Ranger and the margins could have been smaller - or, even worse, Dark Elf Ranger would have won.
    Zyrek likes this.
  3. Retty Lorekeeper

Well the good news is DE ranger didn't win.

The bad news is nothing good won either, so oh well.

I'll just wait for Froglok monk.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Sinestra Augur

Well at least something equally stupid and ridiculous won.
    Obiziana and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. Rainbowdash Augur

I'll admit using the Drizzt thing as an excuse, and it would totally be annoying if it happened (No one may have said it directly, but you KNOW it would have happened) but honestly that wasn't why I voted against it. I voted against dark elf bard too, despite the fact I think that entire panel made no sense. 2 classes...that get illusion masks for every player race..and permanent illusion AA. What?

The real reason I voted against them is i think Dark Elves are over populated on EQ. Don't get me wrong, I love them. RBD is one. But it just seems everyone that can be a dark elf decided they would do just that, roll dark elf. I honestly didn't want another reason for people to influx more dark elves. Maybe it's just because I like seeing variety in the EQ playerbase. Or maybe it's just because I hate Innoruuk. His poofy pants are weird. If I wanted to watch someone with pants like that I'd watch an MC Hammer video...or perhaps worship him as a god. Also he's mean.

To be fair, I REALLY wanted Vah Shir Druid to win...but that was doomed from the start :(. No one likes moon kitties. I'm ok with the outcome though I guess. All that's left is to hope they change the pet race. Or at least make it the old treant model! Then I'd reroll my iksar beastlord as a wood elf and name her pet "Knotgrizzleknot" and everyone would fear her! especially the icky evil Trolls.

Speaking of which, brb gotta go recklessly cast beams in Grobb...
  6. Sinestra Augur

There wouldn't have been a sudden influx of Drizzt names like all the drama queens were trying to say would happen. Would there have been some? I'm sure there would, but there have been a lot of them before as far back as 1999.

If you don't like how many DEs there are and you want to see diversity, you should not play a DE and lead by example. It makes no sense to dissuade others from doing what you yourself do.

I personally don't care the DEs lost, I only had a problem with people being so laughably ridiculous in claiming that it would open up countless Drizzt clones. These people are no different than the ones who say EQ is dying every other day. It's ridiculous and embarrassing. I do have a problem with the one that did win. It's stupid. It makes no sense and it shouldn't have been an option with such a stupid warder choice. The only choice given that was more ridiculous was the Gnome Beastlord with a clockwork pet. Open up Human Beastlords next and give them a rock warder!
    Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. Utopian New Member

A fair bit of dissatisfaction with treant choice. I'm not going to invest in this class option, but could see how giving some options for pet via AA or spell.. shoot- even a /ran of zone animals like the mage monster summon would be interesting. Still will have lots of complainers surely and yea yea-- it all takes "extra work", but some variations might be nice. Although PLENTY of pet illusions are there as well
    Gyurika Godofwar and Zyrek like this.
  8. Scribe of Fury New Member

Well, I hope everyone is satisfied that the "Drizzt clones" did not win. Personally I wanted to play a Dark Elf Ranger, and I am disappointed that the Wood Elf Beastlord is becoming a thing.

A treant is not a beast, and they went with a very poor choice of a race/class combo. I'm not even happy with a Froglok being a Monk. I like Monks, but I did not want to see a Froglok become a Monk. I would have rather seen Vah Shir as a Monk. They can already be a Beastlord, which is just a Monk with a pet and Shaman spells.

I think people's justification for not voting for Dark Elf Ranger and shoving all their votes into Wood Elf Beastlord is particularly asinine and I hope you're happy with what you've been directly responsible for. Now I'm just going to go back to the usual lurking I do and shake my head at all of this blatant stupidity.
    Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Sinestra Augur

I hope they go with their original idea and not allow people to race change to these.
  10. Darzag Elder

My Bst has a tiger for a pet.. I feel cheated...Can't I change it for a flower?
  11. Izcurly Augur

Somebody seems to be truly hurt that it turned out the way it did...but being the most prolific commenter on the thread isn't going to change anything, you know.
  12. Smokn Augur

Now to race change to a frog!!!!!
  13. Daze Journeyman

Woot A new class combo! Hurrah for the level 100 we'll see on March 18th
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Players said they wanted a new class ...they got on now, with that pet the WE is not a beastlord.

I just hope they listen to the players now and change the pet to something more appropriate.
  15. Byakugan New Member

You guys know that Guktan is not a race, right? Gukta is the Capital city for the Frogloks, but not all the frogloks come from there. There was a lot of controversy when they originally added that spell for the same reason. People were like WTF!? I think mostly because Guk was pretty infamous and existed long before the frogloks were playable, and have always clearly NOT the same models as the playables.
  16. Cazmac Augur

I do welcome the winning combo but I wanted a Kyv! Could have been a Ranger/Rogue/Warrior choice! Maybe, one day.... :D
  17. Time zone Journeyman

WTF !!!!!!

why not " open " up all the classess ??
  18. Haloek New Member

Wood Elf Beastlord was ahead the WHOLE time why would they reverse them
  19. Plop New Member

wonderful another Frog class ... how nice . and a non beast Beastlord this is amazing. I would like to see the metrics on these votes. We know why you did not put the frog monk up for a vote because it would have failed. A hawk or an owl would have been nice or perhaps a tree rodent. That would have been more like a BL. I really think whomever came up with the frog monk should be but back into the box.
  20. Usullx Lorekeeper

The voting system they used was a fail. This allowed for people not to vote "for" something but it allowed them to vote "against". Looks like a faction of the voters took it upon themselves to make sure the Dark Elf - Ranger would not win, no matter what ridiculous combo they would have to vote for. Congrats, you won!
    Yinla, xcitng and Zyrek like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.