Race and Class Combo Clash: Round One

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarrin Augur

There is actually a faction of evil dwarfs that specifically dabble in the dark arts in game with the lore behind it.

Am I missing the faction of dark elves that are at one with nature, that protect it, and call upon its animals to assist it?
    Am I missing a faction of dark elves that are not so consumed with hate ( they were created consumed with hate) and like long walks through the forest?
  2. Riou EQResource

They are in the same place as the non-existing animals that provide the Milk for Bottles of Milk :p

EQ has had time travel since SoD and cross dimension travel with CotF, any class+race combo can be ret-conned to fit into the lore of current EQ. Maybe the Dark Elf Druid's hitched a ride or got sucked through with Lendinaria from EQ2 or something :p, maybe our time travel in SoD caused an error in the time line that allowed such a thing.
  3. Tarrin Augur

Meh, if the answer is " there is no lore at all in the game to come close to supporting this, and we will just make it up using the excuse of time travel, or parallel universes ", then count me out.

Either make everything all/all or follow lore. Don't halfway do it.
    beryon likes this.
  4. Tazzytu22 Journeyman

I cast vote for Dark Elf Bard-Vah Shir Druid.
    There are enough rangers as it is vs druids and ~The Vah Shir is awakening from the den, a lore in the works we did not intend~
  5. Tazzytu22 Journeyman

(Didnt see) I vote for Gnome beastlord
    also Iksar zerker
  6. Nuttann Elder

As long as lore is not the ultimate concern based on some of the choices, I wish that they had Gnome Druid as an option. Not that I care about the race/class, but a new TS option would give me something to do. :)

Nuttann
  7. Riou EQResource

I agree, All/All ftw! If people complain that the armor graphics don't show tell them to use Luclin models and buy hero's forge graphics :p
    Rainbowdash likes this.
  8. Mithrandyr Augur

I like the idea of dark elf druids. They hunger for power and domination. They don't ask the forest creatures to help, they make them! And the weak they corrupt to make strong. Summon the diseased, crazed squirrels and the feral, dark bunnies! This could give rise to some new, twisted creatures in Nek forest.
  9. Melanippe Augur

This whole idea is what happens when decisions are made by committee. :rolleyes:
  10. Zolo New Member

Drakkin Beastlord with a pet dragon. Although I know that dragons in game lore cannot be tamed, it would be a good look.
  11. Phrett Augur

Drakkin anything is lame...
  12. Kliknik New Member

There are rumors on some of the other sites of ballot box stuffing. DE bard vs Erudite rogue went from 67-33 to 51-49 in 24 hours. Any comments?
  13. Zude New Member

There are NPC's in Norrath that are anti-druids, like the unkempt druids. They are the opposite, causing the spread of disease and rot and somesuch. Just my 2 copper pieces worth. :>
  14. Ebonylight-Xegony Elder

Vah Shir Druid has to be the worst class combo ever. Druids are Elf only and not from the moon! Vah Shir almost anything is terrible. How is Dark Elf Ranger not winning? :( A dark hunter seems pretty BA.

Ebonylight (Druid - Wood Elf)
  15. SaderakhBertox Augur

Just noticed that. It'd be pretty sad that someone or a group cared that much about it lol

Says the druid :p hehe I will agree, vah shir druid from the moon sounds ridiculous, but if it leads to more druids running around, then I'm down ;) The Vah Shir have had plenty of time since their kitten years in Crescent Reach to grow fond of nature. Maybe as kitties, they were charmed by some druids ;)
  16. gcubed Augur

When did Humans, Halflings and Drakkin become elves?
  17. Izcurly Augur

Hard to know for sure without comment from SoE. That could also be the result of removing duplicate votes from the same IP address on the same day.
  18. Recnarp Augur

I really hope dark elf anything doesn't make it as a new combo. Hell, any class that has access to an all/all race illusion clicky shouldn't be voted on.

The only combos people should be considering are Vah-shir druids, Wood-elf beastlord, Gnome beastlord, and Dwarf shadowknight.

Bards and rogues can be almost if not every race with accessible illusion clickies for several hours without having to recast it. Such a waste, and I have no idea why SOE would list that as an option. Finally, Bersekers have access to the FoS Iksar clicky.

Arguments could be made for every class having access to illusion potions so the point is moot, but those are consumables which is why I left them out. *shrugs* It is what it is.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You forgot the wood elf illusion from Guk.
  20. Recnarp Augur

Oh yea, good point. So really, just 3 class combos.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.