Race and Class Combo Clash: Finals

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Khat_Nip Meow

So many options and opinions for what the pet should be should the Wood Elf win maybe they could have their playerbase help them decide.
    Not sure how though. Maybe have a poll. =p
  2. --Voodoo-- Augur

Pretty much every time the subject of new models comes up, the majority of responders seem to be against the idea. Take that how you will.

Personally, I still use mostly old models, 'cause I likes my Trolls and Ogres fat and itchy, and my mage pets blobby. :)
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. WiIIiam New Member

SoE should prepare for a global future merge. They could use a database gathering user gear items aa lvl data from eq1 eq2 eqN and if income becomes too low on old pc game, instead of just unplugging old servers, migrate all in next gen eq (on ps4 for example, to promote ps4), and make possible user selection of variant property like race or pet appearance (i read beastlords in eq2 could have different pet appearance independant of race). That way no one would lose their long term investment and start new game with max player base size, and at same time reduce cost by dropping old servers without loss for players.
    Adding race/class combos, items etc should be part of some unification project to prepare such future merge.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No interest in playing on a consol, if it isn't on PC forget it. I've tried EQ2 and the game play wasn't for me, as for EQNext it will depend if I can stick with SOE or if I have to go through that German company, but again I'm not sure I will like the game play, I like my leveling and questing. The 3 games are 3 very different animals, I don't think merging them would work.
  5. Tarrin Augur

A new healer?

Can we atleast pretend we are going to address the glaring issues with the current ones first?

What exactly is the Druid class adapted role?

Its hard to support a new class of any archetype when there are some blantant issues with the current ones in regards of balancing. Throwing more into the mix just makes the issue harder than it needs to be.

16 is enough.
    xcitng and Yinla like this.
  6. Dandin Augur

Yay for 5000 Drizzts being made in one day! Meanwhile, I'll be sitting in crescent reach. In dark elf illusion, pretending to be friendly.

In reality it's secretly a trap.
  7. LDEffectsMe Augur

I, for one, was not planning on making a Drizzts clone with my character. But I would have been happy to play as pretty much ANY Race/Class combo other than a Wood Elf Beastlord. I have a strong dislike for the Wood Elf models in general.

It really is a bad design choice to only add beastlords and monks in the same update, though. That means the majority of them will be powerleveled. They should consider adding a healer and tank combo as well, so people can group up while leveling naturally. Shouldn't the design team support grouping?
    Yinla likes this.
  8. xcitng Augur

out of all the choices we had, and the one we had no choice in, i believe the de ranger and iksar zerker would have been the 2 races chosen most often to play ingame

well, race/class that is ... i think the treant warder ruined the woodelf beastlord chances of being on top with those 2 for most popular to play
  9. Tarrin Augur

Tanks and healers never get PLed?
  10. LDEffectsMe Augur

Of course they do. But if you give us random DPS classes, they're almost all going to be powerleveled. If you give us new tanks, healers, and DPS... You might actually have a reinvigorated grouping game for a while.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The Treant is the only thing stopping me voting for the wood elf.

Trees are not beasts!
    Sinestra likes this.
  12. Sinestra Augur

Looks like the hipsters are all voting for the Foliage Lord just to keep the rangers out. This will be interesting, the second stupidest combo might actually win since Robo Lord lost out early on.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My thoughts exactly so the only new combo we will actually see running round will be frog monks!
  14. Tarrin Augur

Its what happens when you are left picking between the lesser of two evils.
  15. Sinestra Augur

I can actually imagine a good dark elf. I can see how there would at least be a chance that a Dark Elf (or any race) might abandon their norm and go for something different. There is no intelligent or logical reasoning behind a beastlord pet that is a plant.
  16. Tarrin Augur

A good dark elf makes less sense (not by much) than a wood elf befriending a treant to me.
  17. xcitng Augur

de was made from the first king and queen of the elves when innoruuk kidnapped them, so it is easy for me to think there could be some that wanted to go back to thier origins, the blood that truly runs in thier veins
    Sinestra likes this.
  18. Sinestra Augur

It is far more believable that not every individual in a race is evil even though the majority of them are. There is no sense of any kind that would make a beastlord pet being a plant more believable. It's just laughable.
    xcitng likes this.
  19. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

What about being a "ranger" classifies them to being "good"?
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

But then they wouldn't be a beastlord! In no shape or form is a tree a beast.
    Sinestra and xcitng like this.