Quitting till this is addressed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Justice for tlp, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Getonethingright New Member

Fippydetective would have lead us to salvation
    Ansata likes this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

What zone? How big is the operation?

As far as I know, a daybreak admin did shut down the SG botters on Selo, but I haven't bothered to check much since the game is run amuck. You still see less sophisticated afk auto farmers but the server is pretty much dead so who cares lol.

The actual process that DBG uses might be the biggest issue. If the community doesn't even know if there are penalties, that's part of the problem. Makes you wonder, do the GM's know what is even allowed? We all know live uses macaroni, but remember on Agnarr when people got 100k pp for missing spells in Kunark? Clearly some GM's can't or couldn't decipher between Live and TLP.
  3. Getonethingright New Member

Well also you gata remember, the afk botters themselves make more krono than the account is worth with how long the process is. if a single mage AFK farming luclin mats for example makes 10 krono a month, let alone that amount in a lesser time frame. Why wouldn't they keep doing it? ill go ahead and let you know that's the thought process on a lot of the afk botters.

I remember back in the day I petitioned a well known hacker that would kill the lesser raid mobs. I actually got a petition back stating that he was using 3rd party programs and they are going to take care of it. Was on that dog mob in RSS and a couple trials selling loot rights. 5 days later, he was back and only one of his accounts was banned.

Im pretty sure I remember Toxn stating back on fippy with all his SK's only one would be banned at a time. And with RAF, it was a joke to lvl back one back up to 40, so there was no reason to stop.
  4. Getonethingright New Member

And ive also seen a blanket ban on someone with all their accounts, im sure someone has the SS of a certain pally using the command in /say infront of a GM. But how many times does something like that happen with a gm 2 feet infront of them.
  5. asdasd1212 Journeyman

there's a dude with a box army literally doesn't walk anywhere only warp i saw him farming seb keys this way

he snipes open world raid mobs and sells the loot rights

he does it openly and for months

i assume corruption at this point
    Duder and Xanathol like this.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Well it's beeb 3 weeks and the same guy is still doing the same obvious cheating. Wonder which of the 2 Devs in this thread is running this crew
    asdasd1212 and Xanathol like this.
  7. jeskola pheerie

He should be careful, this is what happens if you warp too much

[IMG]
  8. Bot spotter Journeyman

I wish you guys would stop letting these guys slowly ruin this game.

Stop being scared. Do the right thing. It's only too late if you refuse to help the community. You can still ban wave the obvious cheaters and the rest will be scared.

Do something. Stop being scared of the cheaters. You guys are giving the cheaters too much power.

The guy in charge of banning cheaters should not be the same guy who does the accounting.

You ban cheaters. That's it. There is no well let's look to see how many krono they consume first.

Ban the cheaters and the real customers will be happy and spend more.

You're just killing the game by letting the cheaters run wild.

You may not care but we do and it's really sad that the people getting paid to take care of this game... are showing absolutely 0 respect for its customers.

If you people cared about this game. Which you should because you took a job working on Everquest.

So, knock off this and help the community. Do the right thing.
    Duder, asdasd1212 and HoodenShuklak like this.
  9. A player New Member

DBG doesn't really care anymore and never did about bots. The amount they have multiplied since launch is just proof enough. AoE parties running rampant(yes, I think stun locking with no mob limit is an exploit) and AFK XP services seem to be fine now as well with most end game raiders using it because they are above grinding AA for raids. Most players are either using macaroni quest or Show EQ now. I really hate to add another post saying I'm quitting until it's addressed, but I think I'm just done with this company as a whole.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Calzonae Journeyman

This dude is 100% correct. Who cares if one of your toons gets banned when you can go from 1 to 60 in about 48 hours via PL.

Bring back the slow exp grinding from the old days and having a level 60 character might be meaningful again (to ban or otherwise). EQ set on easy only caters to tween trash anyways.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Good luck with that.
  12. Kodachi Augur

I am always sure to send a friendly "Beep Boop" to my robot friends in Sirens Grotto as I pass through.
    asdasd1212 and Meridian like this.
  13. squidgod Augur

oldkracow and HoodenShuklak like this.
  14. Xeris Augur

None of these toxic people are on Agnarr ! Come play on the prison server with 100 real humans :D
    modsiw likes this.
  15. Grakt New Member

This is going to drive people away. Very disheartening to gather together a large group of ACTUAL players just to have a bot raid appear on top of you, KS you, then they just poof and warp away while the loot rights are sold in the auction channel.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Oof.

If they warped in ow at this point someone should have fraps. I know of this rampant botter and I barely know how to feed myself.
  17. Kuwait New Member

It seems DBG doesn’t really care, This guy been around for months and still around warping, afk farming and doing raids using 3rd party ..it’s sad .. he’ll probably be around the new TLP too.
    Xanathol likes this.
  18. NinjutsuMMO Augur

See, if it was a pvp server we could kill the bots !

PVP TLP 2020!
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's a foregone conclusion that the known boxers go to the newest TLP. That's where the money is.

It also saddens many of us that if someone is so prolifically abusing macaroni on the most popular EQ server they are not even being punished.

Also, out of sheer curiosity Ive lurked a bit on Mangler general chat channels to see what the hype is about, and it definitely seems the forum complaints are legit -- macaroni boxer, what we can only believe is a 1 man army selling loot rights to prime open world content. Players have already posted fraps on these forums... and he's still logging in and selling prime loot. Has DBG said anything?
  20. That0neguy Augur

Really? I haven't seen him selling AHR loot yet.