Quitting Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FolgersFist, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Lemerian Elder

On my raid targets in luclin, it averages out to just slightly over two loot tables per mob.
    Appren likes this.
  2. AngryKing Elder

You guys are arguing with someone who has cried about the increased loot for months. He has no intentions of having a good faith discussion about table counts.
    Treage_Imminent and Appren like this.
  3. ExecutionDbl9 Druid / Shadow Knight / Necromancer

Playing for fun? In an MMO? Blasphemous!

Everyone knows MMO's can only be played to maximize top efficiency at every single level. Playing for fun is doing it wrong.
    Overcast451, Risiko and Thewiz like this.
  4. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

I honest to God had no idea people were even bothering with Open World content on Mischief until this thread, and I play and raid there daily. Crazy world.
    Neceros and HoodenShuklak like this.
  5. Machen New Member

For some of us, those are the same thing.
  6. generic Journeyman

alot of people in the tier 2-4 guilds are quitting, my guild lots have quit.
  7. Gugagan Lorekeeper

8. Herf Augur

Either use the AoCs, or come to Agnarr. We're nice and friendly :)
  9. ntellect Augur

All TLP lose players around the same time which is just the nature of a TLP timeframe but I think Mischief will retain more of its users than normal TLPs due to its ruleset. Its effectively a FV TLP server.

I know I will be playing past POP on this server because 1) Ill be grouping with whatever limited population is left unlike FV which has no low level population really 2) Ill be able to actually just get AA after max level instead of just leveling and depending on Autogrant 3) seeing later expansion with random loot

I play on all TLPs, Mischief is the first one I ever had a max level character and getting AAs. Random loot free trade just means more plat for selling stuff you don't want and ability to buy great gear to keep going. Its just fun.

I can't wait for POP so travelling will be a bit easier. Waiting/asking for ports takes too long and it will allow me to see many more zones much faster.
    Neceros likes this.
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

That's what I'm waiting for as I picked a 3 box with no ports and getting around is rough sometimes.
  11. Gnothappening Augur

Yeah, I have to have ports once we get to Kunark.
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Sk, Shm & Mage it's actually kind of fun.

I can't take truebox beyond 3, I can cheat and do 4 but 3 seems to be a good spot of doing things and having friends join the group.
  13. Neseriya New Member

The loot pinata + the DZ's have created a high amount of items that had an ultra rarity. This alone is easily 10x specific items. Some... maybe not 10x across the board but 3x certain items is crazy. You only factored a very specific "roll" chance with is really short sighted in terms of item availability.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  14. Gnothappening Augur

I do 6 but they are all simple toons and I give up the DPS on the bard. My bard never melees. They do melody and sometimes pull depending on what my tank is. All of my toons other than the tank have entire actions set to one button via /assist or /target and then /cast whatever. The biggest flaw is that, if my tank dies, everything gets dicey as he is my main assist and my heal target. Great thing about mages is that they are the easiest dps to trim down to one button. You can put assist, pet attack, nuke, and even two alt activates if you want on one button.

You have your setup already so this is more for anyone else who reads this, but I highly suggest the tiny wireless number pads. The small ones without the borders take up about the same room as a mouse and are wireless so you can set them right up against each other.
  15. Risiko Augur

Luclin does that to ever TLP server. The closer you get to PoP, the more people drop off. Some will come back when PoP opens, and some wont.

The thing about this TLP server ruleset is that it offers features that are unique and helpful to the majority of those who play on the server.

While I think that the server will see the typical population drop off for the Luclin/PoP era, I tend to believe that the feature set will bring players back to the server as other expansions open. For those who do not like the no-level change era in the 70s, they can easily jump back in, gear up in the bazaar, and continue on after that era is over.
  16. Kazz99 Elder

I would encourage folks not familiar with these expansions to play though as they will be lost and just quit if they come back post 70 era and suddenly have two hotbars of skills they are expected to know how to use verses the current "pointy end goes here" skill.....
  17. FranktheBank Augur

What guild are you in that you raid daily and don't do OW?

Do you have a point? Mid tier guilds quitting has very little to do with the post. Did people list actual reasons? Or are they just the same garbage people who only player the first 2 garbage expacs over and over?
  18. Dailor Augur

Sounds mischievous.
  19. Neceros New Member

Then they better come up with a better ruleset. I highly doubt many people will willingly return to a normal ruleset.
  20. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

People will return to what is the newest TLP. Fact is, the majority of the population doesn't care for content after POP and it gets even worst after OoW. No one is sticking around with content they don't enjoy because there is more loot.