Quick question about Krono

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leeanni, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Leeanni Elder

Did someone forget about basic math with the Krono? A month's subscription price of EQ with either SC or credit card is 14.99. With Krono it's 17.99. Seems that if you buy Krono you are paying $3 more for a month's sub. If Krono is replacing SC, then it looks like unless you pay by credit card, you are going to be paying $3 more per month if you buy the Krono. Is that the plan?
  2. Leeanni Elder

I did a quick scan in search on this and didn't see this particular issue in there.
  3. Notinterested Augur

A) convenience fee in this situation is typical. A PLEX in eve costs more than a sub too.

B) krono works with all access.

C) krono is not designed for you to buy for your own account. The point it's you buy it and sell to other players for plat our buy from other players with plat.
  4. Xirtket Augur

Not sure exactly why they are $3 more, people shouldn't be penalized for buying krono. Also I would like to see Krono be able to be used to purchase an expansion, if you use say 3-5 or whatever.
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

They are 3 dollars more because you are using that item to sell for plat. Quite simply SoE has finally decided to muscle in on the plat selling business. It was never intended to be used on the original purchaser's own account.
  6. Nolrog Augur

You can still buy the $15 station cash card and redeem it for a 1-month subscription.
  7. Leeanni Elder

So it's not replacing SC then? I can live with that. :)
  8. maverick Elder

Kronos for expac would be awesome, I think it would open up a much larger intrest in buyers and purchasers 3-5 seems prett high though. more reasonable and I woudl be in.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

A and B here are the correct answers. Part of the extra is a "convenience" fee. Part of the extra was averaging the station access accounts vs normal accounts, and coming up with the mathematical average so that overall when averaged there is not a "loss" on the station access folks that use Krono. Note this second point is an average across all $14.99 games, since Krono is an all game initiative.

In the end C is also true, though not the "intention" of the elevated price.
  10. Mardy Augur

Kronos are priced at such that SOE won't lose money no matter how players try to play the system. So you could work out a very good deal buying kronos using plat ingame from other players. But while they may be good deals to you, someone paid a high price for these kronos. Therefore SOE loses nothing by you claiming these kronos for subscription time, even if you have a station all access pass.

In other words they've learned from their push to sell subscription time using station cash. It didn't work out then because players could play the system, buy triple + bonus sc cards, and get subscriptions at super ridiculously low prices. With kronos they don't care if you got a good deal ingame buying kronos, someone else paid a good price for them already. SOE killed two birds with one stone, they found a way to allow legal plat purchase ingame, and they've found a way to offer potentially great deals to players without losing money.