Quick & Fun Questions for Devs!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zaviere, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Boze TLP complaint factory

Iksar in-era was pretty brutal. Not only are you KoS everywhere else, you also had a hefty XP penalty, and couldn't wear the Kunark armor as a war/SK. But! you had the perks of not having to work swim up, decent night vision, dat HP regen mmmmmm, and some bonus AC. Always felt very old-school DnD to me with the penalties/perks.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

I remember when Kunark first went live, and they ooopsed on the Iksar faction, and Iksar were neutral to all cities :p. A lot of people got a big surprise when they fixed it if they were bound in places like Neriak.
  3. jeskola pheerie

Omg how have i never seen this? I can finally stop surfing the web now, it doesnt get any better than this.
    Talonthalis, fransisco and EnchFWO like this.
  4. Tamaden Elder

Well, Cats are more functional, if you need to dust something or just clean up your spilled beer. BUT Komodo Dragon AKA Iksar have no rivals, need i say more?
  5. Critts Augur

That..... was not a quick question lolz.
  6. Thraine Augur

i must say, vah shir are much more fun to train to death than most other races :)

*pro tip* they dont always land on their feet, sometimes they land on their spines ~
  7. Tiggold Augur

They don't have "feet", those are called 'litter kickers'.
    gnomeboss and Prathun like this.
  8. Prathun Developer

I admire the Vah Shir. They've thrived despite being stranded on the moon in the midst of a host of strange, hostile creatures. They've really made the best of a bad situation.

If I could change one thing about the Vah Shir, I'd want to see more race specific animations like curling up for a nap, batting at wisps, or scratching the curtains.

I've no idea how the Vah Shir race was pitched to the team. I was still in college when Luclin was in development.

My contribution to the overall creation of the Vah Shir race has been to fix some newbie quests many years after they were introduced, so basically nil. Aw.

Vah Shir are hands down superior over the Iksar. Compare Cabilis, which is crumbling, to the magnificent majesty of Shar Vahl!
    Gyurika Godofwar, Fanra and Zaviere like this.
  9. Zaviere Augur

Holy hell, I wish I could "like" your response a million times over, Prathun... LOL those ideas for race specific animations, YES PLEASE!!!

3-1 #winning

Side note, my forum signature just keeps getting better and better~
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Sigh, how shallow you are to judge us by our appearance. Yes, we have scales, but to us they are beautiful. Both decorative and useful. We wonder how you other races manage with such fragile skins.

You, too, would be crabby if every other race judged you like you judge us.

While I have nothing but friendship toward the noble feline Vah Shir, it is unfair to compare present day Cabilis with present day Shar Vah. Once, Cabilis was mighty and proud. Unfortunately, our pride in our race and achievements went too far and thus brought our downfall.

It was the same pride and arrogance which led us to acts which most of us now regret. Those who label us evil today need to let go of the past and see us as we are today. We have learned from the follies and hubris of our past and seek today to move to a new friendship and cooperation with all races.

If I were petty, I would mention that the over-gods (some call them "The Developers") are the ones who can be evil, as I greatly lament the days when a Shadow of Fear swept the lands and the only way to progress was to kill slaves and assist slave owners. The over-gods said we had to obey Lisk the Cruel in order to gain their favor but I still wake up in a sweat remembering the cries of the bruised slaves in Chelsith Reborn we had to slay.

Signed in friendship to all,
    Baadby Whaatyogonnado
    Iksar Ashenhand
    EQ Dev and IblisTheMage like this.
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I was playing my Vah Shir Bard and kept wondering why the mobs I was hitting, which were not cats, sounded like cats. Then I realized I was hearing them hitting me. It just hadn't sunk in yet.
  12. IblisTheMage Augur

Dark Elf >> Iksar > the rest.

Pu´leez.
    Sancus likes this.