Quick BST question

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by That Guy, Jul 2, 2017.

1. That Guy Journeyman

Hello all,

I had just a quick and easy BST question. Currently I am playing on Agnarr, and I am wondering how the high end turnout will be for BSTs. Granted, I know that is a ways away, but I have just been looking into it with their spells and AA and whatnot. Please note I have only played a BST to around level 20 or so on live, so my experience is limited with them. But I hear good things.

Sadly I believe they won't get Feign Death due to it being granted later on from AA, but what about the rest? I suspect they will either be very good, or very bad. But from what I read it seemed people said they did respectable DPS, not top tier but not the bottom either. But looking at their skills and spells/AA I am not seeing where that is coming from unless there is something I am missing?

So, any veteran BST's care to comment? Granted there can always be updates or changes, but how were BST's during the POP/LDoN eras?

Thanks in advance
  2. Romance Augur

I played bard through PoP but i remember bsts being rather good at the time.

The game was a lot more simple then, there were still corpse runs and searching for a cleric rez, there were actually consequences to dying and it was much more rare that a class had an escape other than running.

I remember they were as you say respectable dps, there weren't a lot of crazy hit mods, AA, disc's at the time, it was a lot easier to balance weapon ratios vs classes base hit mod etc when dps classes were only doing ~200dps
  3. Roxas MM Augur

first a question back, what do you mean with good?
    i play a beast on phinny atm and having a blast. Granted i'm in a guild that's been farming time for 5 months now, so my gear is close to bis but i love it.
    in raids i'm usually busy preslowing, oting, dpsing and buffing.
    in groups i'm either tank, or dps and slower.
    solo i can go the GE and kill non stop. Pet being able to keep aggro over me helps a lot here, since my pet heals are a lot better then my self heals. i do have the best pet focus i can get atm ( from ldon raid ) though, which helps a lot as well.
    the only problem imo beasts have in raids until ldon is the motm buff on targets. This buff will transfer your pets aggro to you, and will cause you not to be able to use all your dots and nukes at the same time. The tanks that usually tank for me are equiped with time weaps so they do generate decent aggro.
    Last time raid i did hit 400 dps in a 1 min fight, using discs and a bard in group.
    On average i hit 250-300 dps though.
    hope this helps.

Roxwolf Fangbite
    Darkwind X
  4. Stubar Augur

Bst's were respectable during PoP right up until UF. From what I remember (I really have to go deep into the vacuum here), I used to help with push quite a bit. Bst pet push was redonkulous at that time. It was very useful for cornering during those long drawn out time events. Also, green con pulling worked during that era (that was the best!) so I was voluntold to pull the tough splits if something was up with the bards or monks. They "fixed" that during DoD. I'd have to dig up a parse from PoP, but 400-500dps sounds about right for PoP burn.

All and all the bst is a good choice to play right up until UF. If you are planing to take a break from the game or class, do it during UF and come back for HoT and be ready to wreck stuff.