Queue system being tested today

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zujilli, May 23, 2015.

1. Chips Elder

Imo they are going the wrong direction. Yes queue system will help, but a much better solution is get a 2nd server up with the same rules. People don't want to wait to play. I've only been on twice since launch, and that was late at night and early in the morning; both times I didn't really want to play at..

This is obviously a decision from the top not to put up a 2nd server, and I think a really bad call.
  2. Lennyn Elder

No, they said it wouldn't be a small project, not that it couldn't be done.
    CocoaNut likes this.
  3. Lennyn Elder

They are trying other options before putting up a 2nd server. I'm not sure they can even know how many people can't get in at any given time right now, with a queue they will. If it's thousands that can't get in, then I'd guess we'll see a second server soon. If it's just a few hundred with queue times under 15 minutes I'd think we won't see another server.
  4. Mardy Augur

What a great news to wake up to. Awesome! I'm all for waiting in line, knowing that putting time into waiting will get me in without other people cutting in the front of the line. Much better than spam clicking hoping you'll get lucky, without ever knowing if you'll get in.

I'll drink to that, cheers.

Also so far, Daybreak has shown us they really care and really want to make this server a good place for us to play on. On launch night they stayed up until 2am fixing the new char creation issue. Yesterday they stayed beyond business hours to code in an afk kicker, something much needed in EQ (check out guild lobby on EQ Live if you don't know why). Today coders are pulling overtime on a holiday weekend to code in a login queue system. Seriously good stuff, I hope they know most of us appreciate their time and effort.
    CocoaNut and Zujilli like this.
  5. Exitx Journeyman

Wah.
  6. Rheyan Lorekeeper

Just want to say, as a fellow female software developer, WTG tech director! It's great to see a woman taking the lead in such a big project! And props for a queue system; at least we can just stick EQ in the background and do something else while we wait.
    Mardy likes this.