Quests ending in "Speak with ___ 0/1" won't Complete

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Ulamok, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Ulamok New Member

So the quest I am having trouble with is going like this:
    I am currently doing the Haunted Butcherblock quest given by Castlen Drewe in the Plane of Knowledge. I have killed all 4/4 enraged dwarf skeletons, it's marked completed, and now I only have to talk to Castlen Drewe ("Speak with Castlen Drewe 0/1 - Plane of Knowledge"). However, whenever I "Hail, Castlen Drewe" to him, all he says is "I don't have anything with someone of your abilities." For context, I am an IKS SK (currently level 12) on Vox, I have not completed the tutorial quests in the Mines of the Gloomingdeep, and haven't been able to complete any quests so far that require me to "Speak with ______ 0/1" to complete. I know how to bring up my quest log and it shows the tasks have been completed up til the point of "Speak with ______ 0/1". Other classic quests, which don't conclude this way, like Crusader's Test of the Pawn, work fine.

I also had a different, but possibly related, problem with Basher Alga in the Basic Training quest, where I would hail her to speak with her, but she repeats the same dialogue script 'Most important part of battle is preparation! Ya gonna get killed out there if ya don't. Dat's the first thing ya need to learn. I can shows you.' and none of the usual/expected window dialogue boxes show up for me to complete the quest. Like I said, I'm level 12, so I cannot go back to the tutorial area and complete this quest.
  2. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Can you target the NPC and just press the "H" on your keyboard?

The Tutorial came much later and very few NPC respond to typed Hail in the tutorial.

You do not need to go back to Gloomingdeep to finish those other quests, they have no bearing on this one, although I thought I was able to until level 13 or 15. But that was on live servers.
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

but its the same NPC that started the quest right? your sure your not invised or too far a way from it.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

I can't help you, but here is a link to the quest on Zam. Maybe there's something in the quest walkthrough that will help you troubleshoot your problem.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3146