Questions on how to go about living this life.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by PraimFaya, Apr 24, 2018.

1. PraimFaya Journeyman

Hello folks-

A little introduction and a few questions.

I started playing this game on day 1 March 1999. When I logged into Fennin Ro the moment the servers came up for the first time I was alone in Qeynos Hills until this guy in green armor with a flaming sword ran by. (Aradune). That moment hooked me so severely that I played so much, to much. Heck I dreamed about EQ. Grr Bark Bark Grrr...

People I used to play with

Lachlanin - Shaman
    Samien - Wizard
    Jezra - Enchanter
    Snattcher - Cleric
    Teagan - Cleric
    Nox - Monk
    Claxx - SK

I was Pelleal the Warrior, Paranon the Druid then later Cellahe the Warrior and Orleron the Paladin.

I wonder if any of those folks still play or lurk after all of these years?

So, been around a while.

Enough of that, the questions.

When I played there was no such thing as Achievements or anything of the sort. I would like to play again, higher level toons retired and stroll down memory lane and hit all the zones, kill the named for the achievements and stuff like that.

That being said I feel like tracking would be one of my "must haves". AM I correct in that?

I can two box easily, I can even 3 box if needed but I'm not sure if I want that much effort involved.

So one of my duo would be:

Ranger
    Druid
    Bard

I could main one of those and box another or box one of these.

I'm looking for calm stuff, not pushing the envelope trying to do heavy stuff.

Combinations I am looking at are:

Main Bard - Box Mage
    Main Ranger - Box Mage
    Main Beast Lord - Box Druid
    Main Beast Lord - Box Bard
    Main Mage or Beast Lord - Box Ranger

Some bizarre combination like that. I want to be able to travel fairly well (Druid Ports / Bard Cellos) and track rares / names.

Any opinions would be appreciated. I've got tons of gear on FV and whatever Fennin / Druzzil Ro are called now a days but I would consider a progression server. I can truebox a duo no sweat.

It it helps I'm really considering a bard as my tracker must have as a bard can fairly easily make my other character better.

Thanks a bunch, I appreciate your thoughts.
  2. Yimin Augur

These two combos are pretty much unstoppable in the group game even just with group items ....My Bard and Druid are on same account , I use to box them with a Mage , but now main a Bst ...

Main Beast Lord - Box Druid
    Main Beast Lord - Box Bard

YiMin
  3. Bigstomp Augur

If you're only looking to 2 box, I'd suggest a real tank and real healer.
    Mercs suck.
    Maybe paired with a druid for tracking, ports, and TL bind.
    I personally use war + clr, and have a druid on the clr account in case I need tracking at the expense of healing a little less.

4. Flatchy Court Jester

I always see people saying merc healers suck. I think its not the merc so much its what your asking it to do. I have basically quit playing my cleric ever since they made mercs and in the group game, they have served me well. Im guessing lagalose the ranger aint the tank ya think he is?
  5. Taetew Lorekeeper

I am an old returning player that remembered his old account and glad I did, my old account is flagged as "silver" which gives me 4 slots and some points to spend. I figured id buy the white killer rabbit:

And put it on my Halfling Rogue. Pretty fun stuff!

But I am an old geezer and my hand eye coordination isn't as good as it was 30 years ago. I still manage to 4 box pretty easy (well the bard box just sits there playing tunes).

I went on my "silver" account with the following:
    Halfling Rogue
    -alt Iskar monk (i had one before I quit and enjoyed the epic quests)
    -alt gnome wizard (guess this will be my "dps" account)

Account 2 - free (all the next accounts are free)
    Ogre SK (stun immunity is godly at low levels).

Account 3 -
    Halfling Druid (damage shield stacks I heard with SK's)
    -alt Ogre shaman (buff box and possible future duo box with monk)

Account 4
    Half Elf Bard - good afk box that just plays helpful battle area tunes.

Account 5
    Gnome mage - I will be taking this sometimes in place of the SK

since I'm an old timer, not knowing what to do with all the new zones. I'm in unrest enjoying the fast leveling of the above team. I can non stop pull the zone and slaughter pretty quickly went from level 10 to 17 on the Halfling rogue (the others are only 12 to 15) not sure if its cuz the silver account gets more xps or if its cuz its a Halfling rogue. Around level 20ish, its on to my old favorite camp zone of guk(s).

personal note, a ranger is just to complex for my old feeble fingers to properly box in. You can to really babysit to get the good dps out of it.

Also, if anyone is on the Vox realm. I'd love to put away all those boxes and just play with real people. I enjoy grouping and it sucks playing by youself :(
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  6. Derka Power Ranger

Welcome back to the game! Look up a Veritas Mortem member or send me a tell in game if you want to join our guild. We have a lot of old timers as members and while our guild may be a little top heavy in levels, we do have some lower members/alts to group with. Happy hunting!
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  7. Taetew Lorekeeper

Are you on the vox realm?
  8. Derka Power Ranger

Yes we are on the Vox server
  9. Taetew Lorekeeper

Sweet!
    Yes, I will be definitely be interested in hanging out with a person over a box.

So i can do a /who Veritas and find you guys? or do I need /whoall "Veritas Mortem"?
  10. Taetew Lorekeeper

I just wanted to say, thanks again for the invite into Veritas Mortem. I really enjoy the grand guild hall, it really making playing a lot easier. I haven't met an unfriendly jerk of a person in game, it seems like EQ has more mature players now. Even random strangers just are willing to help without thought of personal rewards. Very strange for this time of game :)
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  11. Snack Augur

I don't have any advice...but I remember Teagan and Noxx on Fennin. I started in April on Fennin (my monk just celebrated his 19th birthday).