Questions of focus items ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nostalgicfool, Jun 26, 2017.

1. nostalgicfool Augur

What level is taken into consideration for the decay ? is it the min level at which a class get the spell (ie for greater healing it would be the level at which cleric get it) or the level at which your toon got the spell.

Does haste of mithaniel apply to heals ? it is unclear ... focus that apply to buffs usually are tagged "long term beneficial" but Haste of Mithaniel is simply tagged "beneficial"
  2. Zipe The Healer

Hello,

The level taken into consideration is the level that your class CAN use the spell. It would be madness if it were the level that you scribed the spell into the book... what would happen if you were poor and bought the spell 20 levels after?

Haste of mithaniel applies to all heals except for complete heal AND spells with a cast time less than 3 sec base (Remedy line for exemple).
    It also apply to buffs (long term beneficial) but you probably won't notice it since it's easy to cap long term beneficial spell haste with AA's.
  3. Adonhiram Augur

Enhancement Haste I to IV do not apply to direct heals. The Mithaniel spell haste line applies to direct heals, but not CH nor Heals over time. The level to consider is the actual spell level (not the level of the character, your spell haste I focus will still work for your spells level 1-20 at full force, Gate for example).
    If it can help you, I'll post screenshots of a paper I made for my guild before PoP went live so people could plan ahead their loot strategy for foci.

And last but not least, the decay of 5% is a relative, not an absolute value. Every level past your focus maximum allowed level, you lose 0.05xFocusValue and not a flat minus 5. That means your focus becomes totally useless 20 levels over the max. spell level listed. For example, your Improved Healing III focus (+1-20% on direct heals till level 60) is still +1-15% on a level 65 healing spell.

Making a second post with the screenshots :
    Skewert likes this.
  4. Adonhiram Augur

5. Adonhiram Augur

6. Adonhiram Augur

7. Adonhiram Augur

8. Adonhiram Augur

Pages 9&10 (sorry for the spam lol)
    [IMG]
  9. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    Your Focus info summary is really interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    Anyway, there is some incorrect information that is misleading: Probably you'll want to fix it :)
    The Mithaniel line (beneficial spell haste) is affecting HoT casting time BUT since we are already 50% haste capped from Quick buff AA line, it won't matter. It is not affecting CH and Remedy line (quick heals under 3 sec cast).
    The Chrononostrum line (spell duration) is affecting HoT duration. (1 more tick for Supernal Elixir)
    Preservation of Mithaniel is 1-20%, and is affecting HoTs, if there were any doubt.
  10. Adonhiram Augur

Thanks Zipe, I"ll update my paper when back from business trip, shame my guild clerics didn't see that when the paper was discussed on DW forums ;-)