Questions from a possible returning player

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Dolorn, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Dolorn New Member

Greetings all, I am a former player, having played from release until 03, then again returning during the Kunark era of the Vulak server in 2011. I wound up giving EQ up again while on Vulak because while I truly enjoy raiding, I just couldn't justify the Bat-phone™ approach to trying to get high priority raid targets. Getting texts or calls at odd hours because a target has been found up was fun for the excitement of it for a very short period of time. It quickly became a massive inconvenience. Also, the toxic nature of competing for the Velius era targets really sapped the fun for me.

All of that said, no virtual world has ever grabbed me like Norrath, and with the announcement of the Corinav server, I was debating trying again. That leads to my questions...

- Am I understanding correctly that raid targets can now be instanced? If so, is this all raid targets, and has that actually worked out to where guilds can actually schedule raids and know they will have their desired target available?

- I see it is listed as a true-box server, which allows only one instance of EQ to be running on a given machine? Is this rule in place on any of the other servers, and has it effectively curbed box teams?

- I also have heard that the economy on the progression servers of late is driven almost exclusively by Krono... is that in fact true? Is Krono the only currency of consequence on these servers?

Thank you in advance for any guidance any of you may be able to provide.
  2. Sindssygwiz New Member

Yes to instances, u can now schedule a week easy

It did impact some of the boxers but ppl quickly bought more machines and box teams are still a thing, but less the before

Krono is the way, but ppl accept pp to, but only to trade it in to kronos :p
    Dolorn likes this.
  3. Chibz Journeyman

Consider coming to Trak server and joining We Remember. We are running a progression style guild with all the quality of life of a Live server. It’s a small group on a low population server. We are still at 52 cap and killing Naggy and Vox. Fun times, fast levelling, easy boxing, casual, non toxic.
  4. Treeluvr Journeyman

On the Krono topic. The above comments are correct, but let me add a little information that may be relevant.

Yes, if you are looking to buy a low demand, high value item, it will be priced in obscene units of Kronos. On the other hand, if you just want to buy some decent gear to level up to current content (especially just created toons), you can buy some good, common gear at low prices for your new characters. Better yet, sell a Krono and you can modestly twink your new character to help you level up. This can make a big difference at the lowest levels, where groups are hardest to find.

Just a low level perspective...

[Based on recent experience on Agnarr and FV servers.]