Questions for veterans... is this considered a bug?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Hey guys, quick question.

So, last night, I was tooling around in an HA, and engaged what turned out to be the named for the HA, without realizing it ;) Anyway, was low on mana to start, so it got kinda dicey, but I had the mob low enough that I didn't want to evac out. Finally eked out a win, with my merc at 3% health!

Anyway, here's what I ran into. I have two AAs which cast the highest rank of a spell (Blessing of Ro, Wildtender's Survival) but don't actually use mana. However, neither one would go off, and I got the OOM chat message. So, apparently, it does the mana check first, even though the mana never gets used. Seems like a bug to me.

Note that this is similar to casting spells when you are low, and you have enough mana based on your focus/AA, but less than the base mana cost. It won't let you cast until you have at least the base mana.
  2. Vizula-Emarr Elder

I'm pretty sure they still cast the spell and use the mana. i would re-read the AA when you can, i could be wrong.
    Brohg likes this.
  3. UncleUms Journeyman

Are you sure the named did not have 'silence' ability? Reading is hard for me apparently.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

If an aa is designed to cast the highest rank of a spell, then that is what it does - mana usage and focus effects applied, and all that jazz.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

A while back they changed AAs to use mana if is the same as a spell.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I did not know that. Thanks.
  7. Phiyre Augur

I know when gift of mana or w/e it is that procs to give the next spell no mana cost does a check first to make sure you have enough mana to cast it. Dumb but that's how it works.. Need 8% mana to cast the spell, cast it, still have 8% mana. Have 7% mana, it won't cast and I get the not enough mana error despite having a mana free spell to cast. It can be frustrating though.
  8. Greymantle Augur

If the spells are aa variants or triggers that consume no mana, the spell still checks to see if you have enough to cast it , even if it does not use it. If you don't it will not cast.