Questions about necro in PoP

Discussion in 'Casters' started by sk8jack, Mar 1, 2019.

1. sk8jack Journeyman

Hi guys I'm currently playing a necro on Coirnav, got a couple questions which I hope some of you guys might be able to clarify.

Firstly, does Accursed Affliction stacks with Burning Affliction IV? Both focus increase the damage of our DoTs by up to 20%. If they do not stack, then which focus should I go for?

There are other two focus effects which improve our DoT damage in PoP, Vengeance of Time and Vengeance of Eternity, I assume those two are upgrades of BA4 since VoT/VoE increase DoT damage but only decay on spells over level 67, whereas BA4 decays on spell over 65.

As for necro pets in PoP, would the 63 pet be better than the 65 pet since 63 pet is a rogue? 63 pet hits for lower damage but is able to backstab, assuming the pet is able to get behind the mob, thus would I be better off just using the 65 pet since I do not have to worry about positioning it behind mobs or should I always use the 63 pet and try to get it to stick behind mobs for backstab damage? I'm not sure which would be more efficient.
  2. Nidel New Member

Only the highest % focus will take effect. I'm actually not familiar with PoP focus but fire/poison/etc dmg focuses will also affect your dots so attaining those as available will increase your dmg(assuming they are higher values).
    In regards to pet, typically yes rog pet is going to do more dmg but war pet will have better survivability. Ultimately the best choice is dependant on the encounter/grp/whatever. Some inside info: hand your rog pet any 1handed tradable wep and they will then be able to backstab from any angle.