Question: When will the Nerfing End?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lheo, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lheo Augur

I hope the NERFs STOP NOW !!
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The nerfing will stop with necros after their dot revamp gets nerfed, but first they have to have said revamp.
  3. bigpapa Augur

NERFS will stop , when DB will put an end to EQ because too many mad at all these NERFS over and over will cancel their paid subs.o_O
  4. Lheo Augur

I would like to look in the brains of the devs...why nerfing and piss off customers who pay and support thier JOBS .....
  5. Lheo Augur

I would expect to work hard and make the game more FUN by adding (not nerfing)...
  6. Sindaiann Augur

NERFS are the exercise that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend!
    Some Devs started NERFING it not knowing what it was,
    And they'll continue NERFING it forever just because,
    NERFS are the exercise that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend!
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If they never nerf anything from now on, then they will have to buff mobs instead, otherwise the game will become too easy.

Nerfing once in awhile will also prevent mudflation.
  8. Lheo Augur

They can make new zones with new mobs who drop new shiny items :)
  9. Thraine Augur

nerfs will prolly end when the expansions stop getting made. so the sooner the game dies, the sooner youll get no nerfs :)
  10. feeltheburn Augur

guess depends when the whining stops. Play the game or don't, dealing with a nerf better then having no EQ? guess you decide.
  11. Lheo Augur

No nerfs = no reasons to complain:)
  12. Lheo Augur

There is not one reason to nerf something in a fantasy world (GAME)
  13. Astinox Journeyman

Nerfs will stop when Absor forgets to clip his toenails.
  14. kizant Augur

Let's hope never. Actively monitoring and maintaining some level of balance and difficulty is why the game is still worth playing.
    Playful, Genoane, Thoxsel and 2 others like this.
  15. slayerofbats Augur

How else are they supposed to fix something that is too powerful? They could make every mob in the game more powerful and improve all other classes to cope but instead of a billion hours work, it is better to just nerf the specific problem.
    Prathun likes this.
  16. Espiritun Augur

You aren't a business person are you?

How else is DB going to be able to sell you your own power back in the next expansion if they dont nerf it first?
  17. Sancus Augur

I agree, but I wish they'd include some buffs as well, which are also pretty important for balance. There are some classes they could pretty reasonably give a nice boost atm.
    kizant likes this.
  18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Answer: When the game ends.
  19. Roxxlyy Augur

Likely never - when new content or changes are made to the game, different things are buffed or nerfed to help maintain an overall balance. As EverQuest keeps being updated, this will remain in flux. I understand getting frustrated when your favorite spell or class gets nerfed, but things always change again and it is important to work on maintaining that balance in-game.
    Andarriel, Drogba, Genoane and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.