Question on Persistent Illusion AA

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, I finally bought the AA last week, and since then, I haven't maintained an illusion after zoning even once. Any idea what I'm missing here?
  2. Zamiam Augur

if you purchased the AA you should be able to zone and camp out/return from camp with illusion on .. only time you loose it is if you die (unless your an ench/bard iirc)

do you bypass the patcher , if so try running patcher and try zoning again ..

otherwise petition it ..
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What illusions are you using? Is it one that goes in the buff box or the song box? I ask because not all illusions last through a zone even with the AA.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

@Zam - Definitely not a patcher issue. And I'm not dying.

@Waring - It's the druid wolf/group wolf illusion, so it's in the song box. I always hated it dropping when I zoned (regular zoning, porting, or evaccing) because I use the dropping of the illusion as the prompt to kick off the other version of it, so that it's always up. When I lose the illusion, then I have to pay more attention to the buff part to know when to recast.

Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed with this AA. Looks like it doesn't work with the wolf illusion. Which is the only thing I wanted it for!
  5. Nniki Augur

It won't affect illusions in the song window. Effects in that window are meant to be temporary / disappear upon zoning.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yeah, all buffs/illusions in the song window fade when you zone. The AA doesn't help with those, only the illusions in the actual buff window.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you use gina you can either make a timer that will let you know how much longer you have or just make a trigger that fires when it fades, this way you don't have to depend on the illusion to know when to fire the next one. Also there are a few places where you won't want to use illusions anyway so better to not have to depend on that.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I use a both an in-game audio and a GINA trigger to let me know when it fades. (I need to hear it several times because for some reason I miss it easily)

However, there is a sync issue (one of several in EQ) where the game says, "wolf leaves you.", but the buff is still on me for several seconds after that. If I cast wolf when the old buff is still on me, it won't land and yet the timer still is used.

So whenever the emote goes off, I need to check my buffs and wait several seconds until it actually is gone before casting it again. Really annoying.

It gets really tired to always have to deal with these EQ sync issues, especially when it seems there are several obvious easy ways to fix them.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yes, I kept running into that with Gina, which is why I stopped using it for wolf form. The graphics of the illusion dropping never lets me down. When the illusion drops, the buff is gone, and I can cast the other version. Gina kept telling me the buff was gone, and then wouldn't stick when I cast the group version (cause it's weaker), but WOULD put the ability on cooldown.
  10. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

You can setup a delayed Trigger in Gina. I did this with my Roar of the Lion trigger when they changed the refresh to be longer than the buff. Basically set a timer up that triggers when you would normally get the emote, set the timer for 5-10 seconds and have it emote to recast when the timer expires. I have the timer bar for that trigger minimized so I don't actually see the timer bar, it's like an invisible timer that just delays the recast emote for me.
    Sarcogian, Yinla and Tatanka like this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's really useful, Sokki, thank you.
    Sokki likes this.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Yes, I guess I can set up a delayed trigger. None of which fixes Darkpaw's bug. Sure, it is a work-around, but maybe someday Darkpaw will actually fix this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am sure they would fix it if it was something simple to do.
  14. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Rogues don't lose it either.
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

16. Zamiam Augur

negative ghost rider .. you do not need the illusion key ring for the AA persistent illusion to work ..

the key ring for familiars , for them to keep their illusion possibly I have not tested it on an account that does not have the keyring yet ..
    Winnowyl and MasterMagnus like this.