Question on buying the Kunark expansion ...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Dana, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Dana New Member

Can't remember which expansions I've bought. I think I'm locked at lvl 100. If I pre-order the Kunark expansion does it immediately increase my level cap or does that not happen until the release date ?
  2. Yruc Augur

If you stay on the server select screen, there will be a scrolling message that lists all the expansions owned. If you wanted to find out which ones you are missing... My guess you will own 20 of 22 expansions because my old veteran account and a new account I created both had the same exact # of expansions.....

Can't say with 100% certainty that it will immediately unlock, but the info page on the new expansion

https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content

(if you hold your mouse over the black information dot) states: "You will receive all previous expansions....... at the same time you buy... "
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well it depends, are you free to play or pay? I think the game is only open to free accounts up to TDS. Which is level cap at 105. Big discussion on opening FTP for latest expansion on veterans lounge right under this forum.
  4. Gialana Augur

If it's handled like it was for pre-ordering TBM, and from Yruc's post, it sounds like it is, then you gain access to all expansions as soon as you pre-order the upcoming expansion. You're also charged for the pre-order immediately instead of when the new expansion launches. And when the new expansion does launch, you'll also have access to EoK.

Since the level cap was increased with TDS, you'll be able to level above 100 as soon as you pre-order. I think you need to log out completely if you're currently logged in to the account at the time you pre-order. Your subscription status has no impact on which zones and levels you have access to when you purchase an expansion. If you haven't and don't purchase expansions, then you will be limited to the expansion two expansions below the current expansion, no matter your subscription level.