Question on bards in House of Thule

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Vichax, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Vichax New Member

So i am a returning player planing to play on Miragul server that starts you at 85 in House Of Thule expansion. I last played a bard during Dragons of Norrath expansion and mostly always felt as a puller/buff bot on the side as felt my DPS was bad and could not tank.

So my question is where on the DPS/Tank list do they stand now in this expansion?
  2. Carv New Member

Same as it's always been for bards, can't tank anything meaningful and personal DPS isn't anything to write home about. that said they are the best pullers and ADPS in the game bar none.The ADPS they provide scales with the number of people in the group and more than makes up for their low personal DPS.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Derd Augur

Any guild that is planning on raiding would surely have a spot for you. And while i dont really understand anyone choosing bard for dps , if you try your best thats really all anyone can ask of you. At the end of the fight you can get great pleasure if each dps member in your group shows up highly on parse.

Tank , your just choosing the wrong class.
  4. Karanthal Augur

Still one of the most fun classes to play when not just used as a melody bot. But you are not going to be tanking or topping DPS charts. If you don't enjoy pulling though probably not the class you are after.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

Bards are not and never have been a DPS or tank class. Bards are an aDPS, pulling and crowd control class.

Maybe you think your DPS is poor because you are trying to tank, solo or form small groups? A full group with a bard will out DPS a full group without a bard.

A well played bard will not go without a home or a group.
  6. Buri Augur

Well, as far as a tanking list, it probably goes something like this:
    (not counting pets and runed chanters)

War
    SK
    Pal
    Monk
    Ranger
    Rog
    Shm
    Bard

As far as DPS, bards are generally behind: everyone but clerics.

but, as others have said, that's not what we're here for.
    I've told many a raid group, "My job is to make YOU look good"
    Vumad likes this.