Question for experienced troubleshooters: Everquest hangs after server select window in black window

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Waldbold, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Waldbold New Member

I'm not entirely sure if it's because I changed it to full screen mode but now when I try to enter Everquest after the server select window it just hangs inside of a window and won't load past that, with the entire window black. Also it tells me that I have a character in game and asks if I want to boot it. This happened to me yesterday and I erased Everquest and re-installed it and then played around with it today in windowed mode, but now that I changed it to full screen it won't let me back in. But the first time I had this problem I did not turn it to full screen and this happened anyway (and then i re-downloaded/reinstalled Everquest). The first time this started happening was when I updated Windows 10. So that may have something to do with it. So I have 2 requests, one is if you can tell me how to possibly change it from full screen in a text document somewhere if you think that could be the problem, OR if you could just tell me how to fix this problem if you know what the problem could be. I don't want to re-download Everquest just to see if it is a fullscreen problem and also it would take a long time to reinstall Windows in case its some sort of problem of that sort. Well anyway let me know, thank you.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

Not sure about this specific issue but there are ways to go from full screen to windowed and such. I think its shift enter but I would do a google search to confirm. Windows 10 is the first windows OS that has given me personally nothing but issues. I have had to do numerous roll backs and two reinstalls and I finally had to stop doing any auto updates because I would get stuck at windows loading please wait and it would just sit and spin for a minimum of an hour if not longer. It kept trying to update something that was already updated but it was not registering that it was actually updated which is why it kept getting hung up every time I did a restart. Way more info that you probably needed to know but search online how to go from windowed to full screen with the keyboard and see if this helps.
  3. Waldbold New Member

Gotcha, I found out that I could change it to windoed mode by changing fullscreen to TRUE in the eqclient.ini file and now it lets me get into game..

Anyone know how to make it work in fullscreen without blacking out on me? If anyone knows the solution that would be great because I don't like windowed mode that muchl
  4. Nniki Augur

Alt + Enter
    Metanis likes this.
  5. svann Augur

Make your desktop resolution and in game resolution the same.
    Metanis likes this.
  6. Shanarias Augur

Indeed. You use up so much display memory when you change resolutions that it can become unplayable. It is a REALLY good idea to have the resolution set to whatever resolution you use for the game.
  7. Metanis Bad Company

Or you could use W i n E Q 2 which virtualizes the EQ session and forces it to "Play Nice"!
  8. Kylo Elder

I have the same issue too. how did you resolve it?
  9. Lianeb Augur

Set play in windowed mode in your client ini