Question bout lower leveling

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by nekkra512, Feb 19, 2018.

1. nekkra512 New Member

Returning player leveling up 2 boxing. My question is that for the first say 50-60 levels should i bother doing quest or just old fashion kill grind to level up. It seems by the time I take to get both toons the quest and quest items then go do the turn in that i could've just killed a bunch of stuff and get leveled up faster. Is this correct?
  2. phattoni Augur

do heroes journey if you are planning on questing, it will give you the most useful gear, although the quests in tss are still good, some arguably better than heroes journey.

however you will gear up as you level, just not as fast as questing.
  3. phattoni Augur

and i found that characters i leveled slower, were actually tougher than chars i had pled, due to having proper gear, and current level skill ups(defense dodge block riposte).

the game slows down at 70 so you have time to get the skill ups if you rush to level, but taking your time and leveling skills properly will make you 100% tougher than a level 70 that didnt take the time leveling up.
  4. slayerofbats Augur

Just grind. Although you will probably quit by 80 ish anyway when the grind becomes too boring.
  5. Dahaman Augur

This depends entirely on what you want from the game.

IF you are after levels as a priority to all else, then grind kill monsters. Questing is slower XP. The reasons for this can be due to you just liking to level fast, you want to get to the high end game quicker, you are trying to catch up to someone else, etc. You might consider playing on FV for the +50% bonus XP as well.

Here is a cheat sheet for XP grinds. If you use mercs with your 2-box, treat yourself as 3-5 levels higher for the below ranges.

Crescent Reach:
    1-4 --- spiders and mini drakes by the guards
    5-10 --- pumas in the second cave outside (save/sell the pelts)
    11-15 --- bears in the third cave outside (save/sell the pelts)
    16-20 --- all the undead, particularly the Nokk undead area

Blightfire Moors:
    21-25 --- gnolls (slay in big quantities)
    26-30 --- the mushroom looking minions near that undead dragon (they spawn FAST)
    31-35 --- bixies on the farm (avoid gardeners as they are healers)
    31-38 --- oozes in the swamp area (turn in 4 buds for HP regen potions)
    36-40 --- all the undead in the northwest of the zone
    38-42 --- all the undead in the tower (they spawn FAST)

Stonehive:
    36-40 --- all the mobs on the outer grounds
    41-45 --- all the mobs inside the keep

Goru'kar Mesa:
    41-50 --- Mesa Snakes
    43-53 --- Oozes in the cave near the Minohten
    46-55 --- Tuffein Camp
    51-57 --- Harpies and Griffons
    54-60 --- Ring Snakes and Centaurs
    57-63 --- Nymphs and Oozes in the far north near the queen

Blackfeather Roost
    51-60 --- Pumas, Snakes and Bear cubs
    56-63 --- Bears/Spiders in the cave
    59-65 --- Harpies and Griffons on the second level
    62-68 --- Harpies on the third level
    68-72 --- Harpies and Griffons on the top level

Steppes
    63-70 --- Lizards, Snakes, and Spiders near zone in
    66-72 --- Gnolls Gnolls Gnolls

NOTE: The above level ranges are quick estimates only.

IF you are after good quality questing, playing time, and equipment, while still leveling up fairly quickly on the side, then just quest using Hero's Journey thru Crescent Reach, Blightfire Moors, Stonehive, and Goru'kar Mesa.

The questing slows down a lot after Mesa/Roost due to not nearly enough quests in the level 55-70 range. It picks up again at Sunderock Spings, Vergalid Mines, and The Buried Sea. During levels 55-70, prepare to grind XP for a while until quests become available again.
    Quatr and slayerofbats like this.
  6. slayerofbats Augur

Cool list. Do you happen to know good xp path for 80 ish to 100?
  7. Dahaman Augur

Alas, I'm a complete novice at higher levels. I enjoy the lower level game too much and I'm mortally afflicted with alt-itis.

My highest level character is only level 90. I soloed a Shadow Knight up to level 90 (auto-granting) on FV following the Hero's Journey quest lines. That was fun and pretty fast. I soloed a Shadow Knight up to level 90 (not auto-granting... grinding over 3000 AAs) on Tunare, however that's been a long time ago (6-10 years). The below list is generated using the history of those two SKs.

Loping Plains
    78-85 --- Worgs and Orcs (there are quests to kill 20 each of those that boost the XP gained)

Oceangreen Hills/Village
    80-85 --- Quests Quests Quests (get a nice AC aug from completing all of the quests)

SOD String of Zones
    80-90 --- I stepped thru each zone, completing each achievement, was actually pretty fun

The Grounds
    85-90+ --- Slaying mobs in the courtyard (additional kills quests there as well)

This list is dated and sketchy. With today's equipment available, especially playing on FV, the above lists can probably be done even earlier solo/molo.

Pending class, a tank for example, you can fill in a LOT of empty/dead quest levels/grinds with AC aug hunts. The SK web site evilgamers is/was great for a list of augs to hunt.
    slayerofbats likes this.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

9. Treeluvr Journeyman

Trying the Hot Zone for the level (or maybe the next highest) is also always a good strategy. Sometimes you may not like the zone, but if you do, the rate of EXP is great.