Question about what 100% really is

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by DamnataAnimus, Sep 13, 2017.

1. DamnataAnimus Elder

I've been playing for about 7 months now and still am unsure what 100% (as in 100/100) means in game.

For example as a warrior I have several skills that increase riposte dodg etc by 10,000% which I'm assuming equates to a to 100% chance to riposte dodge or whatever.

On the other hand as a mage I have an aa that gives 20% spell haste which is a true 20% faster casting speed.

And again on my warrior her pants have ferocity 21 which gives this:
    Slot 1:Increase Chance to Double Attack by 18%
    Slot 2:Increase Min Hit Damage by 200%
    Slot 4:Increase Chance to Triple Attack by 30%
    I'm assuming those are like the mages aa and give a absolute increase of that %

It's rather confusing on one hand we have 10,000% on the other 20?

Just seeking a little clarification on this.
  2. Riou EQResource

They just go into different parts of the formula, the various site Parsers are player made to "dumb" down the raw data, some stuff they are probably still too confusing about though

For example for riposte

(((SKILL + 100) + [((SKILL+100) * riposte%parserlists) / 100]) / 50) + [(hDex / 25) - min([hDex / 25], hStrikethrough)]

All of the Avoidances except shield and staff block will use a variation of this, those are just value / 100

10000% is basically set to mean a guaranteed success
  3. Scorrpio Augur

Percents are usually relative. If total cast time of a spell is 5s, 20% haste takes it down to 4. (It takes 80% of base time now). But say you already had 20% haste from other source. An additional 20% focus would not mean your spell now takes 3s (60% of total). Rather you get a 20% reduction off the 80%, which is an additional 16% (in all, 36% off total)

Ferocity values add extra percentage of what your base chance is. I.e. if your DA chance is 50%, that upped by 18% becomes 59, not 68%. And if TA chance is 20%, is becomes 26% with the 30% increase.
    A 10000% increase in another name for 100x. If you are fighting something against which your normal riposte chance is only, 0.5%, it becomes 50% with this skill.
  4. DamnataAnimus Elder

Hmm makes somewhat more sense now.

Thanks!
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

This is absolutely not how spell haste works.

Spell haste is a what you see is what you get effect. If you have a total of 40% then you have 40%, as long as the spell matches the restrictions on the haste.

The reasons why it sometimes seems off is that base spell cast times are three decimal places higher than they appear and are divided by 1000. Thus, a 5s spell in data is 5000. However, on occasion there are spells with strange numbers, something like 5125, which would be 5.125 seconds. Then, to make it more confusing, the spell information window only displays one decimal place, so a spell with a time of 5125 would show as 5.1.

The window also appears to round to that decimal place, however I've never been able to get a clear answer on if the game itself rounds the spell cast time or if it is just a display round.

Finally, like all spell focuses, they can degrade making them worth less than they show depending on max level of the focus, the degrade %, and spell level.

In short, you're wrong about how it works, but there are reasons why it may appear to work differently than it does.

Also, there is a global hardcase of 50% spell haste. No mod is currently able to make a spell cast faster than 50%.
    kizant likes this.