Question about seeing group members on the map

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Zujilli, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Zujilli Elder

So last night while doing some tutorial quests in Gloomingdeep I joined a group with a few other people. At one point we became separated and I was told that I could see party members on the map marked by a green x. I have map packs from map fiend and eqresource could not for the life of me find my party members on the map. I looked all over, zoomed in and out, etc. I felt bad because when we got separated they had to come back and find me because I couldn't see them on my map. They were very understanding and no one got mad, it just made me feel kind of stupid. ;) There must be something I'm missing here because they were able to locate me easily a few times. Do group member names show up on the map as well? It also may well be that some of the maps are so cluttered with labels and names from other things that I just missed those green x markers in the sea of other stuff marked on my map. Any tips on this? I just don't want to be a nuisance to group members in the future because of not being able to find them on the map. :p
  2. Crystilla Augur

The map interface itself has a toggle button for 'see group members'. It sounds like yours was off. I believe this is on the right side of the map.
    Borek-VS likes this.
  3. Zujilli Elder

Thanks, that would definitely explain it. :)
  4. Yther Augur

There's a button you have to have pressed the Show Group button on the Map window to show group members. The light green color by default is difficult to see on the yellowish map background, so you may want to change it by editing while out of game the file UI_charname_server.INI and under the [MapViewWnd] section, make sure that ShowGroup=true and set the color values for the group members with:
    GroupColor.red=0
    GroupColor.green=0
    GroupColor.blue=0
    to make them black, or all 255 to make them white if you have custom UI with black background, or whatever values you like.

You can also hit the Find button on the map window and make Show Group is checked and use it to find group members.

Yther Ore.
  5. Zujilli Elder

Thanks a lot guys, you have all been so helpful. :)
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

On the same vein as Yther's you can Change the color of the group Xs as well as your arrow from the map edit window. Set My Color and Set my Group's color are the buttons, iirc.
    Yther likes this.
  7. Yther Augur

It's about time they added them to the interface. Bites to have a new character and have to log out just to fix your map colors. :)

Yther Ore.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It has been there a couple years now maybe more. I just remember that it was added during an expansion beta and I asked JChan if they could also add a way to change our arrow color and the next update had both in the UI.
  9. Sebbina Augur

Open your map, set to show group, open the map tool set, set your color to black or other, then set your group color to same, you show up as an arrow, others as X.