question about race / gender change

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by SithWizard, Aug 5, 2015.

1. SithWizard Elder

Can you change your race? (I am currently on Ragefire)
    Can you change your gender? (Ragefire server)

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked a million times.
  2. Sebbina Augur

Can buy Race and also Gender change tokens with Marketplace funds, I understand that the race change affects city factions and Origin as in dwarf to ogre or such, and may involve a deity change.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Brudal Augur

If it is not visible on the marketplace currently, wait until Kunark opens and check again.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. svann Augur

If a gnome changes race does he lose his tinkering skill points?
  5. Brohg Augur

The combines are race-restricted, having Tinkering skill as a non-gnome isn't useful.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I am betting that you would not necessarily lose the tinkering skill points, but you would loose access to the skill itself. What I mean is that if you change from gnome to Halfling, Tinkering would disappear from your skill list and you would not be able to do any tinkering combines. If later you choose to change race back to gnome, then Tinkering would be returned to your skill list; and (speculation) it might still be at whatever level you were before the original race change.

While the impact of this is minimal on the new TLP servers, be aware that changing race might very well make gear you are currently wearing no longer be useable.
  7. svann Augur

Im fairly sure that even non-gnomes can make tinkering attempts, and even have a possibility of success.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Nope, since they added the Gnomish Recharging Kit for replacing mana batteries all tinkering recipes are race restricted. If you try to make any tinkering recipe using a Toolbox as a race other than gnome, then you get the same restricted message as if you try and make a different race's cultural armor.
  9. faster New Member

Just on this subject. If i put all of my assignable skill points into say, -stamina when I created my necro, and then changed from erudite to iksar. Do I retain a high stamina?
  10. Mulerien Elder

A gnomish mage friend of mine w 300 tinkering race changed to high elf during underfoot. I believe he was doing fletching. He was able to race change back to gnome w 300 tinkering (he might have petitioned but he was able to go gnome -> high elf -> gnome and retain tinkering skill)