Question about Kunark era

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Telin, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Telin Journeyman

When Ruins of Kunark was released, did the level 51+ beneficial spells have level restrictions at launch or was that implemented afterwards?
  2. Yther Augur

It was much later, PoP or maybe even after that. I remember getting Virtue and KEI on first level toons. It rocked!

Yther Ore.
    Vouivre likes this.
  3. Mykaylla Augur

A Ykesha patch changed the minimum pc level for spells landing.
  4. Whatever Journeyman

There are a few rules currently.

1) Any instant spells (0 duration) can be cast on any PC (direct heals for example)
    2) Any spell below 50 can be cast on any PC
    3) Any 66+ spell cannot be cast on a PC below 61
    4) Any PC of level 61 and above can have any spell cast on them
    5) For spells between 50 and 65, the rule is something like:
    spell lvl 50 holds on level 40 PC
    spell lvl 51/52 holds on level 41 PC
    spell lvl 53/54 holds on level 42 PC
    spell lvl 61/62 holds on level 46 PC
    spell lvl 63/64 holds on level 47 PC
    spell lvl 65 holds on level 48 PC

Conclusion, there's a big gap in levels (from level 48 to 61) where the best spells cast available to you remain the same (level 65). And, once you reach level 61, anything goes (like proccing Lion from a level 61 PC in level 61 content).
  5. BEADIL New Member

I wanna go back to the Kunark days when the game was fun and the forums weren't suck.
  6. Leatherneck Lorekeeper

Yah. It was a sad day when the 4 hours of Virt & KEI went away. I spent untold fortunes on that.
  7. Leatherneck Lorekeeper

The General Whineplay forums were...exciting. A whole lot of hate and discontent was fomented there.
  8. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

Ha! Great question. I actually still have a level 9 wizard with KEI. I log him on every couple months just to see it
    PetMyLlama likes this.
  9. PetMyLlama Journeyman

I still recall when /tgb was introduced. Before that you had to join a group just to buff.
  10. Toquillaw Augur

The weird thing is they made the changes to prevent massive power leveling, but these days they want people to blow through those levels and join the crowds at the higher end of the game. It should have been implemented this way early on (ie when Kunark was released), and then removed.

Hopefully they will look at this at least for spells up to level 60. It makes a huge difference to low level play and it's fun to do as a higher level character. It makes no sense that at level 60 you are too low to get a level 95 spell on you, but at 61 it's all fine. The pre-61 game would do well with this boost.
  11. Malachi Augur

There's a "pre-61 game" nowadays?
    Oh you mean the weekend or two it takes to get your alt to 70+? Otherwise, in my experiences so far, I seen a decimate/non-existant pre-61 population out there. Its most likely server specific though.