Question about Gouging Claws of the Jade Tiger

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Jiggs, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Jiggs Elder

Was messing around on my monk alt the other day and wanted to see how much of a debuff the Eye Gouge proc was on a combat dummy.

My monk currently has rank 23 of 28 of the Eye Gouge aa and yet everytime the proc went off the max it would proc was rank 20. So I checked raidloot.com and found that in fact the highest rank of eye gouge it procs is 20.

Gouging Claws of the Jade Tiger (6) 105 MNK 21 / 96 - 1: Add Skill Proc: Eye Gouge XX with 12% Rate Mod
    2: Limit Skill: Tiger Claw

Seems to me it should proc the highest rank of Eye Gouge the monk currently has.

Rank 20 hits for 814 and decreases atk by 124 while rank 28 hits for 1300 and decreases atk by 400. That's a pretty large difference.

Is this a known issue? Or is this intended?
  2. Riou EQResource

Since it procs off Tiger Claws, I don't think they wanted it to be the best one, but a lesser version, why it doesn't go past 20, dunno
  3. mackal Augur

All the upgrades seem to do is increase proc rate.
  4. iZealot Lorekeeper

you can work in a manual Eye Gouge max rank between your stunning kicks if you want the max debuff.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

When they originally added GCotJT I was hoping/expecting the subsequent new ranks would require corresponding higher ranks of Eye Gouge thus resulting in higher ranks of Eye Gouge being proc'd; but they didn't do that.