Question about golden hero's forge

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SpamFactory, Dec 19, 2014.

1. SpamFactory Augur

when you recruit 25 people and qualify for the golden hero forge suit, do you get to choose which set you want? I.e. if I'm a plate class can I choose the chain set?
  2. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

You get Hero's Forge on the character you claim it on. You also get a set of Golden Hero Armor of your choice. You can then purchase (for like 1 silver each) additional Golden Hero Armor pieces of all types (from a vendor in PoK near the Soulbinder) which are heirloom, so your one character with the 25 reward can buy sets for all the other characters on the same account and stick them in the shared bank for your other characters for whom you've purchased the Hero's Forge feature. I carry the cloth and leather sets and switch between them for variety.

There is no Golden Hero Robe Ornament. There is no Monk-specific leather.

The 20 reward was nerfed and is no longer faster than a regular SC-purchased mount.
    SpamFactory likes this.
  3. Savager Augur

I wish there was a golden hero robe ornament.
  4. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Unfortunately, they're adamant that there will be no robe. Apparently, they've forgotten how upset people were when they introduced Hero's Forge without Robes, or there aren't enough people getting to 25 to matter.

The prize I wanted most, the "raid speed" mount, was nerfed, so I'm quite disappointed about it.
  5. Savager Augur

Ya, I've contacted them several times about the robe. I don't see how it would be that hard to implement it. The golden armor is just the insidious pattern with colors changed.
  6. Derd Augur

On the original topic.. no plate cannot wear a different type of hf armor pieces. If you mean can I get it on a different toon than the recruiter? I would guess as long as it goes to the account that recruited yes. But that is purely a guess.
  7. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

That's incorrect. Plate wearers can wear chain ornaments in their plate armor. They can also seek out leather- or cloth-look pieces to wear the other types of ornaments.

In fact, my Warrior wears the Golden Hero Chain Ornaments because I think they look better than the Plate.

If you wanted to share it with another account, you could probably use a character transfer. If you transferred the character with the reward, you could theoretically outfit the whole other account. Or, you could load a mule with one set of each type and transfer that.

By the way, each reward appears as a seperate /claim, so you can claim them on different characters, though you can only get one of each reward per account.
  8. Derd Augur

Well heh you learn something new everyday. Thanks quest, I never tried as I always went plate is plate etc...I see now that it does in fact say plate or chain on some dark elf gear I have on my trader.